The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

anime_andrew said:
Also am pretty bummed - but the extra authoring (Films 1 & 2 on DVD) + £49.99 makes it hard to do without bleeding out per set and I didn't want to compromise on disc content for the DVD folks. Was a bit of a tough one for me to decide too really :(.

Andrew

Well, I for one for pay more for more deluxe packaging and I'm sure others would feel the same. Although asking the general public these sorts of questions never equal sales....

Dannielle said:
November is such a heavy month now, whoever it was who said November wouldn't be any better for me if there were delays, you were right lol. With DA3 coming out & my partners birthday, bloody hell. Pot Noodles for every meal of the day till December it is.

So guys and gals, with the Expo coming up, any predictions or wants for licenses? cause there has to be some considering MVM and Manga's plates are pretty bare for Q1.

Yeah November is looking heavy for me too, between releases, the DA3 collectors edition, Eirtakon and paying off my local comic book shop for the Perfect Grade Unicorn model kit.

Illich Guardiola released... charges dropped. Non-cooperation from 'victim' and her mother.

Still, this leaves a nasty taste. I'm not looking forward to hearing his voice on any future anime releases. :?
Guess I've already prejudged the guy. But regardless of guilt or innocence, his reported behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

Dannielle said:
November is such a heavy month now, whoever it was who said November wouldn't be any better for me if there were delays, you were right lol. With DA3 coming out & my partners birthday, bloody hell. Pot Noodles for every meal of the day till December it is.

So guys and gals, with the Expo coming up, any predictions or wants for licenses? cause there has to be some considering MVM and Manga's plates are pretty bare for Q1.

I can see Log Horizon coming from MVM. Not sure there is much else recently I'm hugely interested in.

britguy said:
Hi Andrew, so Blood Lad and Patema are November now, Is HAL still an October release?

Sure is - on it's way to Sony DADC now :)!

Realistically schedule is like this now:

October
Gurren Lagann
HAL

November

Blood Lad
Patema
Space Dandy Collectors
Gurren Lagann - DVD

December

Giovanni's Island - This one will be OK I think, we're authoring on schedule and designs go to approval at end of this week, so we're pretty hopeful it will be on time as we're using a new printer for paper parts who seem able to deliver within 4 weeks. Moving the two regular editions to same time as Ultimate so everyone gets a fair shot too at it :).

Kill la Kill (If AoA let us, we'd like to move this one up - but it's a tough call on their part I guess).

Hope this helps!

Andrew

NormanicGrav said:
That's great! Looking forward to your Q1 schedule (I expect 009 Re:Cyborg, A Letter to Momo & Fate/kaleid to appear).

009, Place Promised, Letter to Momo and Fate definitely are sitting on the list - depending on materials for each. Watch this space...

AP

Mangaranga said:
Is the on disc stuff going to be the same as Viz's release? I know they had an art gallery and dub outtakes at least. I really like the look of the US release, so I'm looking forward to what the final design for this is like...

Sure is - same book, dub outtakes and gallery are on it :). Final shots to follow but likely cheaper to buy ours over the US one interestingly...

Mangaranga said:
I'll make you a deal Andrew. If you manage to get some BD copies for MCM, I will come and buy a copy despite already buying the AniplexUSA LE volumes.

Totally should be able to deliver on that as we're due advanced stock for the event now - just saw a confirmation although will believe it when I see it!

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
Hi Andrew, so Blood Lad and Patema are November now, Is HAL still an October release?

Sure is - on it's way to Sony DADC now :)!

*snip*

Hope this helps!

Andrew

Cheers andrew. Shame Honneamise has slipped to 2015 but if it means a really nice/unique release it'll be worth it.

andrew, hows that wings of honneamise release looking? Will it be better than the Bandai version, cause while they had excellent packaging with a great book with it as well as great AV quality, I was bummed out to see the Manga DVD commentary didn't make the transfer. Is it possible to get the commentary for your release? Also, is it possible to remove the windowboxing and maybe get some liners by Carl Horn for the release, as Carl Horn is the worlds biggest fan of WIngs of Honneamise.

LtDiscotek said:
andrew, hows that wings of honneamise release looking? Will it be better than the Bandai version, cause while they had excellent packaging with a great book with it as well as great AV quality, I was bummed out to see the Manga DVD commentary didn't make the transfer. Is it possible to get the commentary for your release? Also, is it possible to remove the windowboxing and maybe get some liners by Carl Horn for the release, as Carl Horn is the worlds biggest fan of WIngs of Honneamise.

Wow! Lotsa questions!

- Manga UK commentary isn't approved for use anywhere now - sadly :(.
- Should be awesome packaging though so watch this space :3.
- Window boxing should be gone :).
- Liner notes - we'll look into now we have some more time :).

Hope this helps!

AP

Hi Andrew, is there any chance you might have a few copies of the Ultimate version of Gurren Lagann for sale during the Expo? And if so, will it be close to what Amazon's current price is?

Love Live! fans, brace yourselves. The Season 1 Premium Edition Blu-ray is getting a second print run, available in January. The Blu-ray is restricted to Region A players only.

10354181_799114553468080_5606194662934042900_n.png

----------

You can also pre-order Space Dandy: Season 1 (Standard Edition) Blu-ray on Amazon UK.

SunlightHeart said:
Hmmm Freezing is one of the 5 manga series i wanted but never thought i'd see... Just four more to go then ...

I think SevenSeas are probably in a good position to release certain titles. They are locked out a lot of stuff due to Viz/Yen & Kodansha having 1st pick of their deals/parent company titles, but that means they look around at the other publishers.

Back