The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Someone asked Anime Limited about Crunchyroll (in addition to it, I added a link to the thread that some of you lot managed to contact Crunchyroll and get responses) on the Gundam announcement FB page, here's their response:
Fan will it be on Crunchyroll?

Anime Limited Not of yet - but you never know ! We'd love to put some stuff up but it requires them making an offer first .

Me Some of us on Anime UK News asked Crunchyroll about this and apparently they don't mind. (*adds link*)

Fan just sent Crunchyroll a message. Hope they contact you.

Anime Limited Checking it out definitely - but again until we get an offer we can't do anything though ! Watch this space and power to you guys for raising awareness!

britguy said:
Hoping it's Blood Lad details and artwork rather than something like a new streaming announcement or another show on Netflix.

Was disappointed it wasn't this, especially as I now have a feeling the show will be delayed :cry:

I just got an Email from Amazon saying Gurren Lagann DVD Collectors Edition has been delayed until 15th December (Ultimate edition and Blu-Ray are still listed as 20th October).

Yukifan said:
I just got an Email from Amazon saying Gurren Lagann DVD Collectors Edition has been delayed until 15th December (Ultimate edition and Blu-Ray are still listed as 20th October).

Hmm..makes sense seeing as we haven't seen any art work. Expecting a Blood Lad delay next, which doesn't bother me, they have lots coming out end of this month as it is so my bank account would appreciate it.

Dannielle said:
Yukifan said:

Hmm..makes sense seeing as we haven't seen any art work. Expecting a Blood Lad delay next, which doesn't bother me, they have lots coming out end of this month as it is so my bank account would appreciate it.

Lots? A delayed ttgl, a kickstarter I backed months ago and maybe hal?

britguy said:
Dannielle said:
Yukifan said:

Lots? A delayed ttgl, a kickstarter I backed months ago and maybe hal?

Yes. Blood Lad & Hal coming out at the same time, becoming something like 60 quid in all is considered lots in one week for me.

Garden of Sinners is also being released on the 27th October.

Plus all the other titles like Berserk Movie 3, Kokoro Connect OVAs, The Devil Is A Part-Timer etc are all being released in October.

So yeah, my wallet is happy for the delay.

Lol well looks like I'm in the minority then. Pushing it to November won't make it much easier on your wallets seeing as we'll have space dandy and (barring delays) wings of honneamise! Another stellar month!

I just wish they'd actually comment. Usually they're rather forthcoming with information. I mean they'd know by now if its not gonna make this month so it would be nice to know.

For those who are still in consideration about getting MVM's release of Garden of Sinners, you probably want to get it fast:
MVM Facebook said:
*Question about Blu-ray rights*

No idea where you heard that. As mentioned many, many times we don't have BD rights as the Japanese licenser wouldn't allow it. So if you want it, I'd advise to buy it sooner than later as pre order stock is selling fast. It's only going to be for DVD unless they change their mind, which isn't happening anytime soon.
As a reminder, Aniplex of Japan's standard Blu-ray Film Box set does have English subtitles for all 8 films (7 theatrical + epilogue).

Sword Art Online II's second half will cover the next two arcs in the light novel series after Phantom Bullet - Calibur and Mother's Rosario. These two are fairly short in contrast to Aincrad, Fairy Dance and Phantom Bullet which is why there they're both going to appear. It's best to say Season 3 whenever that gets announced will focus soley on Alicization.

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:
For those who are still in consideration about getting MVM's release of Garden of Sinners, you probably want to get it fast:
MVM Facebook said:
*Question about Blu-ray rights*

No idea where you heard that. As mentioned many, many times we don't have BD rights as the Japanese licenser wouldn't allow it. So if you want it, I'd advise to buy it sooner than later as pre order stock is selling fast. It's only going to be for DVD unless they change their mind, which isn't happening anytime soon.
As a reminder, Aniplex of Japan's standard Blu-ray Film Box set does have English subtitles for all 8 films (7 theatrical + epilogue).

This is why I pre-ordered, despite the fairly high price point and being unsure about how much I'd actually enjoy the show. I'd rather have it before it sells out, just in case.

If it sells well, it'll be interesting, as I think more and more companies are starting to wise up to the whole 'play up the really limited aspect and you'll sell more' tactic. It's an extremely effective method of selling 'niche' products to 'obsessive' fanbases like anime fans - a lot of other distributors in the realm of sci-fi / genre fiction do similar with limited print runs/special editions.

Back