The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
I'll probably bite on the "A Certain.." titles as soon as they complete collection of Index season 1 is out in November. Been something i've heard too much positive stuff about to ignore.

Swings and Roundabouts with positive stuff I find, sure it's probably good, but if it wasn't on you buy list until you heard the buzz, is it something to pickup just because there's a buzz?

Rosencrantz said:
britguy said:
I'll probably bite on the "A Certain.." titles as soon as they complete collection of Index season 1 is out in November. Been something i've heard too much positive stuff about to ignore.

Swings and Roundabouts with positive stuff I find, sure it's probably good, but if it wasn't on you buy list until you heard the buzz, is it something to pickup just because there's a buzz?

Well I blind buy eveything so there's no other way to hear about things/buy things for me other than listening to the buzz online, seeing artwork that catches my eye, or reading a synopsis that sounds interesting. The latter is the most importnat part for me (a synopsis that clicks with the things I already like) and Index definitely ticks this.

I'm the same as you over A Certain, Britguy. I'll be waiting for the complete collection then probably purchase as I'm a fellow blind buyer that tends to follow the hype/viewing journals on here for anime inspiration hehe. I genuinely wouldn't hear or know about animes otherwise :p

I think i'd potentially like that. I'm a foodie through and through so even animated food does it for me. (Those beef bowls in Persona 4, OMG! lol).

I hope it gets a dub but it probably won't as c'est la vie for me when it comes to my hardened preferenece :p lol.

As some of you have noticed it looks like Anime Limited's plans for a Bebop Definitive Edition is not dead but not going to occur yet (still in negotiations for now).

Any plans to include a complete artbook(let) with the limited edition blu-ray set later on? Also, any plans to release the Bebop movie in BR?

Anime Limited We're trying to see about the movie but the rights are with Sony (even for BD in the UK) so we're discussing presently. If we did an Ultimate, an artbook would of course be a component of it
I could buy the two collectors editions on Amazon for a few pounds more than this...

Anime Limited We'd expect that price to flex in next few weeks on Amazon give our change in SRP for it
but i brought the two separate box sets!! Has that been discontinued?

Anime Limited It's basically out of print - down to under 200 units and uses collector's packaging + booklets that don't come with this one. It's a barebones release in this case
Were you guys doing a limited edition complete set too?

Anime Limited That's the plan, planning it for 2015 though as negotiating for some of the rights and items we want will take quite some time!

I see - the collector's collector edition, for collectors who collected the first collector's edition but just can't quite collect enough. Honestly, I love the company to bits, but....

Anime Limited Well to be fair - we:

A) Have not confirmed anything yet. We're trying to secure a huge stack of things that would make it an Ultimate that takes a long time (it's 1 year and counting so far).
B) Of course remember our supporters who bought the first edition - so do you /really/ think we'd not devise a way for you to upgrade at discounted cost?
C) Are talking of doing a complete Ultimate only if there's enough to justify it and it'd be by looks of it 1 year after the Collector's half season sets went out of print.

So don't fear, if you did buy an older version - we'll take that into account so you can upgrade if desired.

Andrew

Been waiting to hear about what was included in this for a while. Going to go for the 2 Collector's editions instead. Seriously milking it with wanting to release an "Ultimate Edition" next year though.

Anime Limited Hi, I can't say we're particularly milking it by pushing to create a definitive edition for the title. Milking it would be a shiny maguffin of no relevance thrown in, a new cover and a £70 price tag on it - at least to me anyway.

What we're trying to do is just provide the best possible iteration we can - and offer fans a way to upgrade factoring in the cost of their initial purchase.

Also worth noting is we've not even committed to doing one yet, as I say it hinges on movement for either (or both) of:

1. The OSTs
2. The Movie on BD

Neither of these == no can do on an Ultimate as it doesn't provide what we would constitute as a good value offer to fans. Failure to provide one (or both) of those WOULD be milking in our opinion.

Hope that makes sense? It's a long answer but I would rather explain than leave it slide when milking fans isn't on the agenda here .

Best.

Andrew,
President, Anime Limited

Heads up folks - Manga UK's release of Gargantia is barebones. You'll only get the main episodes and OVA Episodes 14 & 15.

These lot aren't included (which were Blu-ray exclusive on the Viz release):
- Petite Gargiantia Mini-Episodes 1-13
- Petite Gargantia Special (subtitled only)
- Clean Openings & Ending
- Textless Episode Scenes
- Original Japanese Commercials
- Original Japanese Promotional Videos

Heh, no wonder the UK got it early. So if you want the episodes only, pick up Manga's release. If you like extras then well...

-------------------------------

Looks like Zoku Owarimonogatari isn't the final Monogatari volume in the series.

"Monogatari Series, Next Season
Tsugimonogatari
NisiOisin
Illustration/VOfan
See you later, alligator
I won't say farewell."

As a quick reminder, SHAFT have been given the green-lit a few years back to adapt the entirety of Monogatari. Meanwhile...

MQTGZP6.jpg

Haven't picked Bebop up on Blu-ray yet but the price for the forthcoming Collection makes it seem more than
reasonable for me to double-dip on an Ultimate Collection in the future. :D

Really happy with AL's stance on teh Ultimate Edition for Cowbow Bebop. Justifications for cost, upgrade plans etc....Andrew just keeps saying the right things.

SunlightHeart said:
Damn yeah the wait for Kizumonogatari is a bit soul killing. No doubt they'll release it last in some sort of ironic twist

That'd be my bet, we'll wait to the end to know how it started.

I can't for the life of me work out why they aren't getting it done, unless the series they do make them more money? but they'll have to cover it sooner or later regardless

NormanicGrav said:
Heads up folks - Manga UK's release of Gargantia is barebones. You'll only get the main episodes and OVA Episodes 14 & 15.

These lot aren't included (which were Blu-ray exclusive on the Viz release):
- Petite Gargiantia Mini-Episodes 1-13
- Petite Gargantia Special (subtitled only)
- Clean Openings & Ending
- Textless Episode Scenes
- Original Japanese Commercials
- Original Japanese Promotional Videos

Heh, no wonder the UK got it early. So if you want the episodes only, pick up Manga's release. If you like extras then well...

I am now officially assuming that wherever Manga UK doesn't go out of their way to aggressively promote things like extras and proper premium packaging, they will be absent or held for ransom on a special edition :/

Glad I ordered the US set.

R

If you look on Manga's Twitter right now, a lot of fans are giving them grief re. the extras on AoT. It must be hard for them, as they probably want to include them, but there's a literal cost attached to every minute of extras the BBFC have to classify, no?

Lutga said:
If you look on Manga's Twitter right now, a lot of fans are giving them grief re. the extras on AoT. It must be hard for them, as they probably want to include them, but there's a literal cost attached to every minute of extras the BBFC have to classify, no?
It's not a BBFC cost issue though, all the AoT extras were classified for the bonus DVD after all. The problem is that they stripped the extras that came as normal elsewhere in order to artificiallly create their 'Collector's' edition. That's purely on Manga. I'm still trying to figure out how they bungled that one when all they had to do was clone the Funi/Madman discs...

Rui said:
I am now officially assuming that wherever Manga UK doesn't go out of their way to aggressively promote things like extras and proper premium packaging, they will be absent or held for ransom on a special edition :/
I'm not sure how much worth those mini-episodes have, but I'm surprised they weren't included given that the Viz's SE retail price is not THAT much more ($70 to Manga's £35), and it also includes a box and an 80-page booklet. The UK version did, of course, end up being a lot cheaper by virtue of being available locally, which was enough to tempt me over to the dark side on this occasion.

Also, there's no signs-only subtitle track on the UK Blu-ray, though the lack of on-screen text in the first episode makes me wonder whether one is needed. Let's hope not!

Lutga said:

Well I can't see where all of the grief is so I assumed they censored it all. If anyone could link me the tweets that would help.

And it looks like a defect has been found (I assume):
Is there any particular reason that all the extra content is on a DVD that you didn't even bother to fix the pitch of the opening and ending for?

Manga UK Yes, because the assets aren't in native HD. (DVD's we produce are in PAL format, and there is slight speedup that occurs with that as a result which is why it may sound slightly different.) ^JG

Meanwhile on Amazon.

Anywho you all know my thoughts on this anyway.

-----------------------------------------

Release date for the first Arpeggio of Blue Steel film slated for January 2015
God Eater gets an anime adaptation by Ufotable
Detective Opera Milky Holmes get an anime adaptation for January

britguy said:
Really happy with AL's stance on teh Ultimate Edition for Cowbow Bebop. Justifications for cost, upgrade plans etc....Andrew just keeps saying the right things.
I'm pleased to hear that there are plans on allowing upgrades if/when a Cowbow Bebop Ultimate Edition gets released.

Back