The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Sentai Filmworks January 2015 slate:
06 January 2015 - Dog and Scissors [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
06 January 2015 - Non Non Biyori [BD & DVD][SUB-ONLY]
06 January 2015 - Qwaser of Stigmata - Complete collection [BD & DVD][SUB-ONLY]
13 January 2015 - Amagami SS+ [BD][SUB-ONLY]
20 January 2015 - Little Busters! Refrain [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
20 January 2015 - Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Collection 1 [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
27 January 2015 - A-Channel [BD][SUB-ONLY]
27 January 2015 - Log Horizon - Collection 2 [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]
27 January 2015 - Maid-Sama! [BD & DVD][DUAL AUDIO]

NOTE: Dog & Scissors and Maid-Sama are Blu-ray and dub upgrades simultaneously!

Gurren Lagann: Complete TV Series Standard Edition details:

[Cover in UK Artwork thread]

WHAT’S THE RELEASE MADE UP OF?

Packaging + Physical information:

– Standard blu-ray amaray case
– Reversible cover (this one is slightly different and uses the same pattern ala Gurren Lagann Ultimate for the reverse).

What’s on the discs?

– TV Series, Episodes 1-27 in even more delicious HD

Extras on the discs?

– Yoko goes to Gainax bonus feature
– Sazigen 3DCG Test Animation Footage
– From storyboard to animation – animated storyboards.
– Clean Opening 1
– Clean Ending 1
– Clean Opening 2
– Clean Ending 2
– Music montage from end of the first half of the show

Audio on disc:

– English dub – 5.1 track
– Japanese audio – 2.0 track
– French audio – 2.0 track

Subtitles:

– English subtitles
– English song/sign tracks
– French subtitles

HOW MUCH IS IT AND WHERE CAN I BUY IT?

SRP: £59.99

Available for (at time of press):

£38.95 from Zavvi

£38.95 from AlltheAnime’s Shop

£43.25 from Amazon.co.uk

WHAT DOES THE ULTIMATE EDITION HAVE THAT THIS DOESN’T?

– Collector’s packaging (the Ultimate is 21.5cm high, 18cm wide which gives you an idea of scale!)
– 116 page hardback art book packed with production artwork from the world of Gurren Lagann
– Gurren Lagann Movie 1: Childhood’s End
– Gurren Lagann Movie 2: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
– Parallel Works 1
– Parallel Works 2

WHY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE BETWEEN ULTIMATE EDITION & STANDARD?

If you compare to Zavvi (which still is the lowest price point for the Ultimate that is still in stock) then there’s approx £50 difference in pricing there! So if the above didn’t make it clear already we figured we’d quantify a bit. If we released the movies separately they would each include one of the Parallel works releases too or as a double-pack. Either way you’d be looking at about the following real cost (i.e. Amazon/Zavvi price, not SRP) if you bought them separately:

Standard amaray edition(s): £20 – £30 of value
Collector’s edition(s) ala TB The Beginning: £30 – £50 of value

Add in a large-sized hardback art book and rigid box to store it all in and hopefully this helps contextualise somewhat for folks!

IS THIS EDITION FOR ME?

If you’re not really fussed about the films or parallel works or just want the series in HD with no frills barring the bonus video then this is the release for you and it’s not limited in quantity so fear not folks!

Looking forward to releasing this shortly – just in time for MCM Comic Con no less!

Andrew,
President, Anime Limited

I just want to say that I greatly appreciate that level of detail in a release update and I hope they sell tons of copies of Gurren Lagann.

R

Extras on the discs?

– Yoko goes to Gainax bonus feature
– Sazigen 3DCG Test Animation Footage
– From storyboard to animation – animated storyboards.
– Clean Opening 1
– Clean Ending 1
– Clean Opening 2
– Clean Ending 2
– Music montage from end of the first half of the show
I note that the extras still lists only two Creditless Opening and Endings when there should be three. I wonder if they managed to get the others or whether this is a cut/paste job.

Hmmm...probably not news worthy but Andrew rarely teases unless something is actually in the works

Leon Tilbrook: Oh i have backed your two movie kickerstarters to the £50 quid plus pledges (seeing my name in the credits will be cool). Not because i liked the movies (never nerd of them tbh) but because you guys do good releases (if delayed alot look at outlaw star and this lol) and I want to help get more UK anime blu ray releases.

The dream is to see Bandai get there stick out of there asses and work with guys like your self to get some Gundam on blu ray!
Like · 2 · Yesterday at 11:32

Anime Limited: You never know, you may get your wish ;)

Now I can dream of watching shows like Gundam Build Fighters :) (I dont know much about Gundam though...)

I was thinking Unicorn or Gundam Build Fighters could be the potential ones, with the latter it is mostly because Sunrise were streaming Gundam Build with English subs on youtube as the show aired, so it's pretty much ready for localisation.

NormanicGrav said:
If Andrew does get Gundam, I wouldn't mind if they start off with Gundam Unicorn then proceed with the original shows.

I really want Unicorn but we could only do DVD for now if so and it's a show that really merits Blu-Ray so I'll have to wait a bit there.

I did just license a show that has a G in the title though...

AP

Ath said:
anime_andrew said:

AP
Angel Cop and MD Geist ultimate editions confirmed.

Would buy. Masterpiece. 10/10.

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:
If Andrew does get Gundam, I wouldn't mind if they start off with Gundam Unicorn then proceed with the original shows.

I really want Unicorn but we could only do DVD for now if so and it's a show that really merits Blu-Ray so I'll have to wait a bit there.

AP

Obviously Girlfriend Beta.

anime_andrew said:

AP
Amagi Brilliant Park confirmed!
I'm assuming it's a new show, and the only other new shows I know about for next season are Psycho Pass 2 and Fate/Stay Night.

Last edited by a moderator:
anime_andrew said:
[quote="Dannielle"][quote="NormanicGrav"]Speaking of Full Metal Panic! [url=http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/21-1/full-metal-panic-project-coming-soon]there's a teaser for something big coming soon[/url].[/quote]

Hmm, if it is a new Anime that'd be perfect timing for A/L.[/quote]

The joy of working so closely with Japan - even if I knew somethIng I couldn't say! With that in mind, it's as likely a spin off novel or such given Amagi Brilliant Park is kicking off now - but you never know...

AP
I would just be happy to be able to buy FMP, Second Raid as a R2 DVD . Not asking too much am I?

Sweet, Andrew licensed Sengoku Basara Judge End? Can we get a set of life-sized dakimakura in the ultimate edition, please?

R

(It's also ok if it's Legend of the Galactic Heroes/Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu instead.)

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:

AP
Wakanim had Tokyo Ghoul for streaming, but I can't remember if you guys at Anime Limited announced the home video rights at the same time? Is it that?

I've also noticed that Gatchaman Crowds has been licensed in the US and Australia, but has yet to see a release here. I also wouldn't mind seeing Golden Time and The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat licensed.
Log Horizon and No Game No Life seem like series' that will be licensed for this territory eventually, but they feel more like shows Manga UK and MVM would fight over. You could also surprise us by licensing Senran Kagura?

Otherwise, if you're not limiting yourself to the English name...Silver Spoon's original title "Gin no Saji" has a "g" in it and someone should definitely license that show.

I'd love to see Blu-ray releases of 0080: War in the Pocket and 08th MS Team. Those high quality OVA visuals deserve the HD treatment, and both series are short.
They're also the only Gundam anime I like

Aniplex Special Announcement for September was the Kill la Kill OVA at NY Comic Con... LOL

Q&A at around 45 mins in:
- No news on Madoka Rebellion English dub
- Kill la Kill OVA is subbed at NYCC, no information besides that
- 'Not sure' about Kill la Kill on Toonami
- Gurren Lagann domestic release "Keep in mind we're trying to provide the best quality release" "It is a domestic release and not an import"
- No news on Persona 3 Movies and Sword Art Online II English dub
- No news on Kara no Kyoukai re-release "if you want it we'll look into it"
- Irregular at Magic High School dub "do you want a dub?"

Back