The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
Joshawott said:
So, the Attack On Titan: No Regrets manga is getting two OVAs that will be bundled with Japanese manga volumes.

Neat. The animation showing how Levi moves in his gear looks real nice.

I wonder if the "Before The Fall" Manga will receive an adaption eventually, be surprised if not seeing as they're trying to milk the franchise till the very last drop.

Edit: Speaking of milking the franchise, with the above OVA and the three that were already released Funi would be mad not to at least try to license them for physical release.

OMG that animation and ost again!!!! So hyped right now!!! That trailer!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
No Dub commentaries for High School DxD New, but there's tons of extras (no OVAs):
- Both in your shop and on Rightstuf, there's no mention of episode commentaries among the special features for High School DxD New. Is this a mistake in the solicitation or will there be no commentaries?

- Unfortunately because we got so many great extras from Japan—the Fantasy Full-Blast PVs and the Commemoration Special (Yoko Hikasa’s Voice Acting High School), as well as clean versions of both openings and endings –we were not able to include commentaries with this release. Sorry if this is disappointing, but we think you’ll really like the 100+ minutes of extras that are included!

NormanicGrav said:
No Dub commentaries for High School DxD New, but there's tons of extras (no OVAs):
- Both in your shop and on Rightstuf, there's no mention of episode commentaries among the special features for High School DxD New. Is this a mistake in the solicitation or will there be no commentaries?

- Unfortunately because we got so many great extras from Japan—the Fantasy Full-Blast PVs and the Commemoration Special (Yoko Hikasa’s Voice Acting High School), as well as clean versions of both openings and endings –we were not able to include commentaries with this release. Sorry if this is disappointing, but we think you’ll really like the 100+ minutes of extras that are included!

A Funimation release without stupid actor commentaries! Stop the world, I want to get back on!

New poster for Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0:

66581l.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING.

Well this is interesting...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Anime-Bo ... rvel+anime

Not sure if it's already been posted, apologies if so.

The price made me think it was just the two latest one-shot movies, but the runtime says 14 hrs plus which is about right for the 4 series.

No other information available and I can't see any announcement. Kind of annoying that I have to get 3 shows I don't especially want (though I've not seen Blade, it might be ok) to get a UK X-men, but for that price I'm not too upset.

Aniplex USA unleashes more of their sets:

Gurren Lagann (the main TV series) is finally released on Blu-ray across multiple sets for SRP $59.98 each with 5 (or more) episodes each:

Volume 1 includes:
- Episodes 01-05
- Textless Opening & Closing
- Episode 05 Preview (OA Version)
- 16 page Booklet: Interviews with Creators & Illustration Gallery
- 2-sided Poster

Volume 2 includes:
- Episodes 06-10
- Episode 06 On-Air Version
- 2-sided Poster

Meanwhile the next Monogatari Second Season arc is now set for October, SRP $64.98.

Otorimonogatari includes:
- Nadeko Snake Episodes 01-04
- Omnibus 3 Video
- PV & CM Collections
- Deluxe Booklet
- Pinup Postcard Set
- Package Illustrated by Akio Watanabe (character design)

Personally for Gurren Lagann, I would recommend getting the UK set rather than the Aniplex version. It seems like their new release is very barebones in contrast to the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box.

Update:

60465l.jpg

Aniplex have licensed Your lie in April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso), which is streaming this October.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 13, 2014

Aniplex of America Acquires Your lie in April for this Fall Season

The Award-winning Story’s Anime Adaptation to begin Streaming this October!

SANTA MONICA, CA (September 13, 2014) –Aniplex of America, Inc. recently announced at their industry panel at Nan Desu Kan (Denver, CO.) that they have acquired Your lie in April, one of this Fall season’s most highly anticipated anime series. This romantic drama series will begin its simulcast schedule this October and will be available for fans to stream on the free, ad-supported Hulu and Hulu Plus subscription service (http://www.hulu.com) and Crunchyroll (http://www.crunchyroll.com). The start date and time of the streaming schedule will be announced at a later date. Aniplex of America, Inc. had also announced that their official English homepage for Your lie in April will launch today at: http://www.YourlieinApril.com where fans can enjoy details on this upcoming series including detailed character descriptions and an English subtitled trailer. Your lie in April is an anime adaptation of the original manga series created by the author Naoshi Arakawa and is currently serialized in Monthly Shonen Magazine since 2011. The series has won the 37th Annual Kodansha Manga Award in the Best Manga for Young Male category in 2013. A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Blue Exorcist, Magi: the Kingdom of Magic) will be responsible for the animation production.

About Your lie in April

"The spring of my 14th year—you changed my world…"

A boy, who felt empty each day, meets a girl.
Her free and heartfelt musical performance restores the color back into the boy’s life.

On his 11th winter, Kousei Arima, a piano prodigy suffered from the trauma of losing his beloved mother. He was unable to hear the sounds he was playing. Since then, the boy began to distance himself from the piano. With his mother and the piano both gone from his life, the boy’s days became dull and monotonous.

One day, Kousei’s childhood friend Tsubaki Sawabe introduces him to her classmate. Her name was Kaori Miyazono. Kaori was a violinist who often performed at competitions. But her
performance was nothing Kousei had imagined. Free, powerful, and passionate—Kaori’s music did not follow the regulations of the competition at all. Kousei was immediately enthralled by Kaori’s bold performance. The boy began seeing color being restored to his life.

"I had a horrible first impression of her, she had a violently short-temper and terrible personality…but…she is…absolutely beautiful." The boy and the girl are brought together by music. Can the heartfelt sounds of the girl’s violin lead the boy to play the piano again?

NormanicGrav said:
Aniplex USA unleashes more of their sets:

Gurren Lagann (the main TV series) is finally released on Blu-ray across multiple sets for SRP $59.98 each with 5 (or more) episodes each:

Volume 1 includes:
- Episodes 01-05
- Episode 05 Preview (OA Version)
- 2-sided Poster

Volume 2 includes:
- Episodes 06-10
- Episode 06 On-Air Version
- 2-sided Poster
Judging by the episode split, it seems that like the movies they're just re-pressing the discs from the JP BD Box - not that there's anything wrong with that.
I've got a pre-order in for the AL set, and I did QC for it so I'm going to buy it, but I'm not gonna lie. The flawless presentation of Aniplex's releases both Video and Audio wise makes it incredibly tempting to pick this up. I also LOVE Gurren Lagann...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
No other information available and I can't see any announcement. Kind of annoying that I have to get 3 shows I don't especially want (though I've not seen Blade, it might be ok) to get a UK X-men, but for that price I'm not too upset.

Of the four, I think Blade was the second best after X-Men, but I found them all pretty average, to be honest.

Sony Universal Australia have some more titles lined up - A Certain Magical Index II Part 1 and A Certain Scientific Railgun S Parts 1 & 2.

-------------------------

Interesting article here from ANN.

Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell director) questioned Toshio Suzuki (co-founder of Studio Ghibli) with regards to the future of Studio Ghibli. Oshii suggested getting animators from other asian territories (Thailand was mentioned) since some of them have won awards for their animated work and others temporarily worked with Pixar. They both agree that it was 'appropriate' for Hideaki Anno to direct Nausicaa 2 due to the dark tone it will provide.

Professor Irony said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Of the four, I think Blade was the second best after X-Men, but I found them all pretty average, to be honest.

Mm, that's what I've heard so I'm hoping I agree. That said, I noticed on Amazon there's also a listing for a standalone X-men anime DVD set with the same release date as the boxset... I'm assuming that's in error because it strikes me that the point of the boxset is forcing people to buy all 4 for the 1 or 2 they actually want, and I can't see listings for standalone Iron Man, Wolverine or Blade.

Funimation December 2014 line up officially revealed:

A Certain Magical Index II - Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Episodes: 013 - 024
Region: A | 1
Release Date: December 16

Cowboy Bebop - Complete Collection: Amazon Exclusive Premium Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Episodes: 001 - 026

Cowboy Bebop - Complete Collection: Funimation Exclusive Premium Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

Cowboy Bebop - Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Region: A

Cowboy Bebop - Complete Collection (DVD)
Region: 1

Dragon Ball Z - Season 9 (Blu-ray)
Episodes: 254 - 291
Region: A B
Release Date: December 2

Fairy Tail - Part 14 (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Episodes: 154 - 164
Release Date: December 2

One Piece - Season Six Voyage 3 (DVD)
Episodes: 361 - 372
Region: 1
Release Date: December 23

Overall a fairly quiet month for the end of the year (last year it was quite packed).

I'll expect these lot to appear sometime in Winter 2015:
- .hack//SIGN
- A Certain Magical Index Movie
- A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 (Complete)
- Evangelion: 3.33 (hopefully maybe in February)
- Fairy Tail Part 15
- HyperDimension Neptunia: The Animation
- Level E S.A.V.E.
- One Piece: Season Six Voyage Four (the final of four parts)
- Shakugan no Shana: Season Three S.A.V.E.

I'll probably bite on the "A Certain.." titles as soon as they complete collection of Index season 1 is out in November. Been something i've heard too much positive stuff about to ignore.

Probably just One Piece for me out of that lot unless I go OCD about Cowboy Bebop and buy yet another copy of it for no actual reason (I have Andrew's BDs already).

R

britguy said:
I'll probably bite on the "A Certain.." titles as soon as they complete collection of Index season 1 is out in November. Been something i've heard too much positive stuff about to ignore.

same
this series (unless someone in the uk announces it soon) will be my reason for getting an A compatible player.

Back