The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rui said:
Arbalest said:
I would imagine at minimum, Valvrave will be available in the UK. we got season 1, so it's silly to stop us from getting season 2. As for Kill la Kill and Magi, i can't really tell

Crunchyroll shows only Valvrave as being UK-compatible at the moment of the three. Gah! I'm guessing Daisuki will be a similar story but I hope things change before they begin.

R

Well Bakemonogatari wasn't available for us on Crunchyroll but is available on Daisuki. But that's down to its creators not Aniplex so that's another story.

CRUNCHYROLL NEWS FLASH:

Kill la Kill - NOT available to UK
Magi: Kingdom of Magic - NOT available to UK
Valvrave the Liberator 2nd Season - Available to UK

Welp, i don't wanna say i called it but....

We'll rest hopes that when Daisuki posts the news they can show in the UK, otherwise it'll be annoying that we won't get Kill La Kill. Especially when it's so sought after

Well, ****.

Can we quit this region malarkey, just get stuff on CR and be done with it?

Sure as balls ain't gonna watch it on Japanese Gheto CR (daisuki) unless that bicks it's teck the hell up, that's for damn sure

Has anyone heard or posted the news that Kaikisen - Return to the Sea, the first manga work by Satoshi Kon, has been released in English for the first time? It's under the name of "Tropic of the Sea" and was released a few days ago. I'm too excited.

As an interesting bit from TGS. Gonzo is working on an anime film for Bayonetta to release in Japanese theatres on November 23rd. Directed and Storyboarded by Fuminori Kizaki who did worked on Basilisk and Afro Samurai. I'm not too sure how this will pan out, but it's interesting none the less.

Source

Let's cheer ourselves up with some Madoka Magica PSVita screenshots.
bb76613ae22e0412982bde1c15c021681379591729_full.jpg

And some rather humourous Attack on Titan 3DS screenshots
8e378b617dad45d07bf6309fb2d0bc811379521683_full.jpg
018a38fddc133446899d0197fab9d8551379521635_full.jpg
b90135b65b25e3988708f1fd83790bb71379521752_full.jpg

And Arrietty director Hiromasa Yonebayashi is directing the 2014 Ghibli film

In case people missed out:
!! Cowboy Bebop news klaxon !! There's some confusion regarding dates of Part 2 blu-ray and the release of the complete collection on DVD. We've got confirmed dates now so please go by these dates - there are retailers posting erroneous dates, so here they are from the horse's mouth:

Cowboy Bebop Part 2 (blu-ray): October 14th
Cowboy Bebop Complete DVD Collection: October 28th

While the DVD does not come with a booklet, we've prepared 4 limited edition art cards - limited to this run to go with the release. Check it out!

The Anime Limited stand at MCM Comic Con in London at the end of October will have BOTH in stock for sale -so if you fancy getting yours before everyone else, come on down!

Complete Series DVD image is shown in UK artwork thread. Also:
Q: Any news on whether the Blu-Ray part 2 will come with some sort of case to house both parts or not?
A: We've had a lot of requests for this and we're looking into the possibility of making that available for you guys. Hang in there, we're currently investigating.

If you can't wait any longer for Monster, the Region 4 release is now available with Part 1 (Episodes 1-15) on UP1

Last edited by a moderator:
ConanThe3rd said:
Professor Irony said:
NormanicGrav said:
CRUNCHYROLL NEWS FLASH:

That is rather disheartening. Despite having been pretty lukewarm on the project after the early details came out, the last trailer finally sold it to me.
I swear if AoD picked it up I'ma bust some skulls.

AoD have been dead (though the content is still active) since around the same time Kaze went out of communication. I doubt they will get the rights for that show especially with Andrew's contract with Kaze is no more.

ConanThe3rd said:
Professor Irony said:
NormanicGrav said:
CRUNCHYROLL NEWS FLASH:

That is rather disheartening. Despite having been pretty lukewarm on the project after the early details came out, the last trailer finally sold it to me.
I swear if AoD picked it up I'ma bust some skulls.

Daisuki also have Kill la Kill, and they might stream it to the UK... For 4 weeks, then realise they've set the switch wrong and then turn it off at the soruce...

If you have watched Evangelion 3.33, you would have noticed the
Preview for 4.0 where Unit 02 and 08 were put together fighting the Mass Production Evas. Well it looks like the preview may be legit (as 2.0 wasn't due changing 3.0 halfway through production) and the Unit 02+08 is getting a figurine.

BBFC has rated Horizon On the Middle of Nowhere Season 2 with a 15 (Episodes 8 to 13 are 12) for strong and moderate sex references, fantasy violence and injury detail.

When they were delayed before they both moved from 2013-09-02 to 2013-12-02.
That's a heck of a delay for the DVD. Even if they have to re-author it for some reason, that should only take a few months.

(disclaimer: I wrote this post 2 hours ago and got called away)

Back