The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rosencrantz said:
Is the Cruncyroll store any good? few items up for pre-order that have caught my eye as being at a very reasonable price (item & p&P wise)

I haven't tried them since I'm only a freemium member (for now), but they do have UK prices so I suppose they're decent.

NormanicGrav said:
Steins;Gate Visual Novel is now available to pre-order. More Details.
But it isn't due out for at least a year, so there'll be a long wait to get the goods.

Rosencrantz said:
Is the Cruncyroll store any good? few items up for pre-order that have caught my eye as being at a very reasonable price (item & p&P wise)

Even though they have UK prices, you'll most likely have to factor in import duties and handling charges before considering anything from there (it's all likely sent from the US).

Although sadly region locked to the US, Hulu have started streaming the Lupin III: Part 3 tv series (pink jacket) with English subs. No mention of a dvd release, but I'm hopeful that this might pave the way for it somewhere down the line. It would certainly be nice to get a new translation to replace the awful bootleg subs for the show.

(source)

In other Lupin news, Yahoo UK claims Miyazaki is involved in a Lupin tv project for next year. There's a fair chance that this is utter nonsense, but dear god, I want that to be true.

(source)

demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
Steins;Gate Visual Novel is now available to pre-order. More Details.
But it isn't due out for at least a year, so there'll be a long wait to get the goods.

Rosencrantz said:

Even though they have UK prices, you'll most likely have to factor in import duties and handling charges before considering anything from there (it's all likely sent from the US).

On their daily deals they usually have a disclaimer that all sale are final and they don't offer refunds, which has always put me off from buying from them. That and I can usually find what I want cheaper, taking into account postage and customs.

animefreak17 said:
SnowWolf said:
NIS America may adapt games to anime and anime to games.

Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts please.

you took the words right from my mouth

I don't think that'd be clever. The last Final Fantasy anime series was pretty bad. Kingdom Hearts could work, but that would require too much in licensing. Disney and SquEnix. Yeah i just don't see it happening.

even *IF* kingdom hearts was made in to a animation theres a few things they'll need to consider

- the time line
- the characters growth
- the licensing
- the story

cause if your a fan of the series like i am you'd see why a few things wouldnt work or would take time to try and get it right

e.g. as a game player of the series i played KH 1 and then 2, after playing 1 and then 2 there was a few things that was a mystery to me like who exactly was roxas, who was organisation 13 and why was there only 6 or 7 members there, why did the characters grow so fast ect ect if you know what im talking about then you got to ask your self-

would it be a good idea to do it like the game time line of do it the Chronological Order

it would take a lot of thought to make this in to a animated series

animefreak17 said:
even *IF* kingdom hearts was made in to a animation theres a few things they'll need to consider

- the time line
- the characters growth
- the licensing
- the story

cause if your a fan of the series like i am you'd see why a few things wouldnt work or would take time to try and get it right

e.g. as a game player of the series i played KH 1 and then 2, after playing 1 and then 2 there was a few things that was a mystery to me like who exactly was roxas, who was organisation 13 and why was there only 6 or 7 members there, why did the characters grow so fast ect ect if you know what im talking about then you got to ask your self-

would it be a good idea to do it like the game time line of do it the Chronological Order

It would be a challenge, but worth it in the end. I think the timeline in which the games where released would be best. The mystery behind not knowing certain facts will make you tune into the next series, though extra exposition could always be provided.

Chain of Memories and 375 days could be movies as most of the time, your just returning to the same worlds.

I'd say dedicate 3-4 episodes to each individual world.

I'd love an adaptation of Final Fantasy 7-12 as well.

SnowWolf said:
animefreak17 said:

- the time line
- the characters growth
- the licensing
- the story

It would be a challenge, but worth it in the end. I think the timeline in which the games where released would be best. The mystery behind not knowing certain facts will make you tune into the next series, though extra exposition could always be provided.

Chain of Memories and 375 days could be movies as most of the time, your just returning to the same worlds.

I'd say dedicate 3-4 episodes to each individual world.

I'd love an adaptation of Final Fantasy 7-12 as well.

yeah i agree that chain of memoirs should be made in to a bunch of movies considering they're just revisting worlds like they've never been there before but the parts where there a part of oblivion castle has to be in them, it could be like 20-30 min of the world they've been and the rest of the movie is about oblivion castle for each movie, say a hour for oblivion castle

also i think each world they vist in KH should be longer, like 6 or something episodes ,

i agree that it should be like the games time line, it gives it a sort of mystery, on the other hand i dont think showing KH 2 then chain of memoirs would be a good idea because the big boss of KH 2 is the big boss of the organisation hes the big bad at the end, in chain of memoirs even tho he is the leader hes not the main boss,

get what im saying, but as fans we know whats what but for new comers it will be tricky.

Back