The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ConanThe3rd said:
That article is kind of ambitious about if he means that he is aiming to end it by volume 20 or end it on volume... What, 28, now?

There is a slight discord between the article title and the main text, complete in 20 volumes would imply it'd end at around Vol 31. However I suspect the title is just poorly phrased and he expects the story to be approx. 20 volumes total. That'd be doable I reckon, things seem to be moving at a nice pace and I believe I read somewhere he made quite detailed plans before starting the title.

Just Passing Through said:
Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust has been delayed in France till March 2014.

There's not a lot from Kaze that particularly interests me anymore, but this is one thing that does. But by the time we get it in the UK at this rate, I doubt anyone will give a squit.

I would expect Mardock 3 to be around that point anyway since the JP release just arrived I think.

Also, Place Promised/Voices of a Distant Star has it's release date in limbo (30th Dec 2013) like Bebop on Amazon. Andrew (of AL) said that there will be more information (presumably tomorrow since friday is a good day for news) regarding the release.

Oh, and Bebop's Pt 2 BD package is revealed, added it to artwork section.

There's not a lot from Kaze that particularly interests me anymore, but this is one thing that does. But by the time we get it in the UK at this rate, I doubt anyone will give a squit.
If it's as bad as part 2 I think I already don't give a squit.

I have a feeling the news about the Shinkai double-pack is that it's about to become a triple-pack, with 5cm Per Second included too. Or maybe Garden of Words.

fabricatedlunatic said:

If it's as bad as part 2 I think I already don't give a squit.

I have a feeling the news about the Shinkai double-pack is that it's about to become a triple-pack, with 5cm Per Second included too. Or maybe Garden of Words.

5cm is unlikely since Manga has the license and the Blu-ray version is locked for various reasons (Manga UK podcast explained this). I'm betting on Garden of Words which would make a good seller or maybe the complete Shinkai shorts collection (like Pixar does their short collection).

NormanicGrav said:

I would expect Mardock 3 to be around that point anyway since the JP release just arrived I think.
Actually it's this Sunday it gets a release in Japan. I was wondering when something would pop up about this. Part 2 being a little weak doesn't bother me knowing it's a part of a final trilogy which by the trailors I've seen looks like it will be kicking it up a few levels again. Depending on how that actually looks when this comes out as a complete 3 disc collection I will be buying it.

Zin5ki said:
Dannielle said:
Looks like Perfect Blue has been pushed back till October 28th
Coming soon from Anime Ltd: Acceptable Blue.

Lol, though on a more serious note they really need to watch these delays, starting to get a rep. I'm sure it's to make sure things are perfect but it's not a good situation overall.

Funimation have a screw up with Sankarea

They released the censored version on DVD and Blu-ray, and only now have they got the actual release materials from Japan. They're busy reauthoring, and expect early purchasers to send their TV versions back for a replacement copy.

EDIT Not send discs back but...
Customers who wish to receive the unedited version may do so by emailing [email protected] along with a copy of your original receipt, and a physical mailing address (no PO Boxes please).

Anime on Delay to become Anime Delayed Now!?!?

Manoeuverings in the French streaming arena...

French market leaders in Japanese animation launch A.D.N. – ANIME DIGITAL NETWORK

French market leaders in Japanese animation, Média-Participations (Kana Home Video) & VIZ Media Europe (Kazé) joined forces to promote Japanese animation contents by building an original and dynamic strategy. They will merge their Video On Demand (S.VOD) Websites. GENZAI.FR (Média-Participations) & KZPLAY.FR (VIZ Media Europe) will form a strategic alliance and launch a new service called A.D.N. (Anime Digital Network): The largest European S.V.O.D website dedicated to Japanese animation.

Will we get a piece of this? Or no anime pour le ros-bifs.

Back