The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Andrew posted a few things over on blu-ray.com

1- Aimed at comments made about Neo Magazine review of Perfect Blue criticising PQ and lack of new extras

Hi Rewak,

Just to address the issue here as well as our Facebook but I'm sorry to hear your concern - to put your mind somewhat at ease the PQ is identical to the Japanese Blu-ray, we received an HDCAM master from Japan via Madhouse directly complete with the 5.1 surround tracks from Japan and used those to create a master.

We were lucky enough to be granted the extras from the original release but sadly the others are restricted by the Japanese homevideo licensor since the Australian release.

If you look at reviews of the Japanese master you will see the same notes on picture quality vs other remasters as the original assets were not stored in great condition and given the nature of the actual remaster in Japan we had to make do with it as was as it's highly irregular and regularly forbidden to alter beyond that.

I would strongly recommend you to try it out before rushing to a judgement as the review also gave it a pretty nice score as I recall!

Very best,

Andrew Partridge,
President, Anime Limited

2-Aimed at a comment regarding Place Promised Delay - EXCITING ****

It's because of two things - firstly there is a rights situation on the English language tracks released as they belong to ADV not Sentai Filmworks as we'd hoped.

Secondly as we have his latest work and are trying to negotiate an arrangement where we at least can do a Blu-Ray of 5CM Per Second for a limited edition Steelbook release including Voices of a Distant Star, Travelling Daru, Place Promised to Us in Our Early Days, 5CM and Garden of Words.

Hang in there with us, it's certainly not fun for us to delay titles and sorry to be causing frustration to you guys too!

Expect a pretty full Q1 schedule from us here...

Andrew,
Anime Limited

A mega Shinkai collection steelbook sounds great to me!

ConanThe3rd said:
GolGotha said:
Anime Limited
Who fancies hearing more about Anime Limited acquiring their very first simulcast-ready title...?

Interesting....
Given Dasisuki's confirmedit's not streaming Kill La Kill for the UK (And, frankly speaking, thank 'eff) and AL has got a good thing going with Aniplex....

Really as long as lessons were learned with AOD this could work.

Tune in tomorrow at 13:00 - all will be revealed then - but yes, a lot has been learned :).

Andrew

Steelbook Blurays for Place Promised and the rest? Can't wait but is this instead of or as well as the current special edition? i.e. should I cancel my pre-order as I'd much prefer the steelbook?

Animeigo are contemplating using Kickstarter for a potential Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray. They have a draft proposal here where you can leave some feedback on stuff like the goals, the pitch and DNR (I like my film grain intact!).

It's because of two things - firstly there is a rights situation on the English language tracks released as they belong to ADV not Sentai Filmworks as we'd hoped.

Secondly as we have his latest work and are trying to negotiate an arrangement where we at least can do a Blu-Ray of 5CM Per Second for a limited edition Steelbook release including Voices of a Distant Star, Travelling Daru, Place Promised to Us in Our Early Days, 5CM and Garden of Words.

Hang in there with us, it's certainly not fun for us to delay titles and sorry to be causing frustration to you guys too!

Andrew,
Anime Limited

So I'm guessing this was the announcement which they were referring to in the reply to my tweet.
Is there going to be a non Steelbook edition? I'm really not a fan of them. I'm an Artbox guy.
Who am I kidding, I'll probably buy it anyway JUST because it's you guys. Can't wait to buy Garden of Words for the third time.

Also this is a question for Andrew if he's still lurking around. 5cm Per Second Bluray. If it were to happen, what are the chances of a Tri-Audio release?
I have the Japanese Bluray which includes the Bandai dub, but is it possible at all to get the old ADV one too? That's the one I watched and I liked it.

Random said:
Steelbook Blurays for Place Promised and the rest? Can't wait but is this instead of or as well as the current special edition? i.e. should I cancel my pre-order as I'd much prefer the steelbook?
Keep it, buy both. Simples ;)

britguy said:
Andrew posted a few things over on blu-ray.com

1- Aimed at comments made about Neo Magazine review of Perfect Blue criticising PQ and lack of new extras

2-Aimed at a comment regarding Place Promised Delay - EXCITING ****

Andrew,
Anime Limited

A mega Shinkai collection steelbook sounds great to me!

Which god do I have to pray to for this to happen!?

Since i won't have the chance to do so because of work, i'll post here and leave it to the other great news posters to make a front page piece for it.

Anime LImited and Wakanim are teaming up to bring wakanim to the UK, and their first streaming title for the Uk is of course, Kill La Kill.

Source

Hajime no Ippo Rising (Season 3) and Log Horizon will be available for UK streaming via Crunchyroll.

Samurai Flamenco will be available on All the Anime/Wakanim.tv

And here's the cast for Evangelion 3.33, I've put spoiler tags (one click shows whole cast list) for safe precautions:
Shinji - Spike Spencer
Kaworu - Jerry Jewell
Asuka - Tiffany Grant
Rei - Brina Palencia
Misato - Allison Keith-Shipp
Ritsuko - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Mari - Trina Nishimura
Fuyutsuki - Kent Williams
Gendo - John Swasey
Kitakami - Tia Ballard
Sakura - Felecia Angelle
Aoba - Phil Parsons
Takao - Greg Dulcie
Tama - Aaron Roberts
Hyuga - Mike McFarland
Nagara - Krishna Smitha
Ibuki - Caitlin Glass

Meanwhile, Sentai Filmworks have licensed Golden Time and Diabolik Lovers (2 of 10+1 titles announced). Regarding the bonus license:
Also, we've got a BONUS licensing announcement that we are really excited about and can't wait to share with you all! Here are a few hints:

1. It's NOT a current season anime.
2. It's NOT a license "rescue".

People have voted for: Hyouka, Nichijou (unlikely as it would be a license rescue) and SKET Dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
Nichijou (unlikely as it would be a license rescue)
Beez never made an announcement regarding that series before bandai went down the toilet, so it wouldn't be counted as a rescue.

Since when was Beez involved with that title? Last time I heard, Nichijou and Gosick were licensed by Bandai and then went into limbo as Bandai (as you say "went down the toilet").

NormanicGrav said:
demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
Nichijou (unlikely as it would be a license rescue)
Beez never made an announcement regarding that series before bandai went down the toilet, so it wouldn't be counted as a rescue.

Since when was Beez involved with that title? Last time I heard, Nichijou and Gosick were licensed by Bandai and then went into limbo as Bandai (as you say "went down the toilet").

Wasn't Beez just their European distribution company though? Though your right that I don't think they were ever hinted at having it for a Eu release

Rosencrantz said:
Wasn't Beez just their European distribution company though? Though your right that I don't think they were ever hinted at having it for a Eu release

Not to worry.

Meanwhile, it looks like the dub for Berserk Golden Age III has been settled as Houston will be showing all three films back to back dubbed and subbed.
And it looks like the subtitle is now The Advent instead of The Descent.

berserk3_poster.jpg

Also, some brand new footage of Madoka Magica III: Rebellion if anyone's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ath said:
No surprises there, Crimson Star Media was a trainwreck waiting to happen.

indeed. :lol:

Anime-related but new additional info has been revealed for the latest game craze that is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax:
The Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax 2D crossover fighting game will feature Shizuo Heiwajima from Ryohgo Narita and Suzuhito Yasuda's Durarara!! light novel series and Kuroyukihime from Reki Kawahara's Accel World light novel series as playable characters. In addition, production on a console or portable version has been green-lit, along with the previously unveiled arcade version. The Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival 2013 event in Akihabara, Tokyo made the announcements on Sunday.
In addition to these two franchises, other confirmed characters include Mikoto Misaka & supporting character Tōma Kamijō (Kazuma Kamachi's A Certain Magical Index light novel series), Kirino Kōsaka & supporting character Kuroneko (Tsukasa Fushimi's Oreimo light novel series), Asuna & supporting character Leafa (Reki Kawahara's Sword Art Online light novel series), and Shana & supporting character Wilhelmina (Yashichiro Takahashi's Shakugan no Shana light novel series).

Latest BBFC ratings:
Arakawa Under the Bridge (Season 1) [Episodes 1-7] ~ 12 - Contains moderate language, sex references and bloody images
Arakawa Under the Bridge (Season 1) [Episodes 8-13 + Extras] ~ 12 - Contains moderate gore and sex references
Heaven's Memo Pad [Episodes 1-6] ~ 12 - Contains moderate violence and sex and suicide references
Sengoku Basara: The Last Party ~ 12 - Contains moderate violence and occassional bloody injury

Back