The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
Vividred Operation and Oreshura are due out on sub-only DVD from Aniplex USA on 17th December.

Source

No blu-ray = bah.

My guess is that like Oreimo, Oreshura will have a Japanese Blu-ray import with English Subtitles due to target audience reasons.

Vividred Operation will probably get the Fate Zero & Blue Exorcist treatment by getting an English dub release with LE Blu-ray and Standard DVD later next year.

If they pull that with Silver Spoon I'll be annoyed. Otherwise where will the usable English dub be for the Region B BD release that I'll actually be able to afford? :lol:

I just hope that if Blast of Tempest gets the Neon Alley + $300 BD treatment that a Region B company will pick it up, was definitely one of my favourites of last year next to Jormungand.

Ath said:
If they pull that with Silver Spoon I'll be annoyed. Otherwise where will the usable English dub be for the Region B BD release that I'll actually be able to afford? :lol:

I'm planning on watching Silver Spoon (might need some opinions first on what it is exactly, looks like a farm on the cover).

I'm hoping Servant x Service gets the BD treatment, love that show and that opening.

Yup, it's about farming. Silver Spoon combines fish-out-of-water comedy with an interesting showcase of a life of agriculture and some great personal growth for the main character. Hiromu Arakawa grew up on a farm so she's drawing upon her childhood too. She also shows that Fullmetal Alchemist was no fluke as it really demonstrates her storytelling skill in a completely different genre. I highly recommend it!

I'm not surprised that Aniplex USA has gone the sub only route with Oreshura - though I expected them to pass it off to Sentai instead.

Ath said:
I just hope that if Blast of Tempest gets the Neon Alley + $300 BD treatment that a Region B company will pick it up...
I hope someone down here does manage to release it whether dubbed/subbed.

Viz talks about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga.
043b70d9cd468de112066f750c1241371379211283_full.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Arbalest said:
NormanicGrav said:

Come now, it's quite obviously not(but really is). It clearly states Julius Kingsley is the character, get your facts straight sir ;p.

Seriously though, i did kind of expect this, just not this way. We'll see how it plays out when he makes his debut in Akito the Exiled. They haven't said if he's in OVA 2 or 3.

I'll be surprised if it is just another character since it looks exactly like him.

Just Passing Through said:
Mangaranga said:
Kokoro Connect will be released by Hanabee in Australia... so Region B Blu-ray is a go!
Not surprising considering we knew that Sentai's release was clearly marked as AB.
Smells like a future MVM DVD only license.

Not necessarily

Fujiko Mine (Manga) are Hanabee authored discs.
But Kokoro connect will be Sentai authored discs (this is how the MVM another blu-ray release ended up getting shelved since Hanabee got their stock from sentai which was an AB release).

demonix said:
Mangaranga said:
Not surprising considering we knew that Sentai's release was clearly marked as AB.
Smells like a future MVM DVD only license.
Not necessarily
Fujiko Mine (Manga) are Hanabee authored discs.
But Kokoro connect will be Sentai authored discs (this is how the MVM another blu-ray release ended up getting shelved since Hanabee got their stock from sentai which was an AB release).

Plus since Kokoro Connect (TV and possibly OVA) are AB as stated, Hanabee will just need to import the discs like how Another, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Inu X Boku and Mysterious Girlfriend X were treated. MVM can't author Blu-rays without their help due to cost of production and BBFC hence why you'll see BBFC and ACB ratings on the discs.

Anywho, Little Busters! EX has been green-lit for an anime adaptation, not to be confused by Little Busters! Refrain.

BBFC have rated two more titles:
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 Collection - 12 (majority are PG) - Moderate Violence and Gore with Mild/Moderate Fantasy Violence
One Piece: Collection 4 - 12 (one disc is PG) - Moderate Violence, One disc with Injury Detail and One disc with Scenes of Smoking

Release Dates for Sword Art Online manga and light novels are confirmed:

Sword Art Online LN 1: Aincrad - April 22, 2014
By Reki Kawahara (Trade Paperback, 2014)
Price: $13.00 US/$14.00 CAN
Pages: 200
Physical Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 8-1/4"
ISBN-13: 9780316371247

Sword Art Online: Aincrad Manga Volume 1 - March 25, 2014
By Reki Kawahara (Trade Paperback, 2014)
Price: $20.00 US/$22.00 CAN
Pages: 384
Physical Dimensions: 5" x 7-1/2"
ISBN-13: 9780316371230

And more Funimation stuff:
• Chrono Crusade DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition - Dec 31?
• Oniai DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (S) Limited Edition - Dec 31?
• Jormungand Season 1 DVD/Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) - Dec 17
• Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Dec 17
• Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Edition - Dec 17
• One Piece Season 5 DVD Part 4 (Hyb) Uncut - Dec 3
• Fairy Tail DVD/Blu-ray Part 7 (Hyb) - Dec 10
• Aquarion Evol DVD/Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb) - Dec 3
• Aquarion Evol DVD/Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition - Dec 3
• Dragon Ball Z Season 1 Uncut Blu-ray Set (Hyb) - Dec 31?

Looks like Funimation has also joined the gang for Sub-only Blu-ray with OniAi receiving an BD/DVD LE Complete Series.
Jormungand, rumoured to be split into two parts looks like it'll release the complete first season without hesitation but without an LE, it looks like it'll be treated like Black Butler & Strike Witches.
And Dragon Ball Z is returning with an Uncut Season 1 BD set.

Manga Dates added:
• 07-Ghost (9) - Mar 11
• Blue Exorcist (11) - Mar 4
• D-Gray Man Omnibus 3 (7-9) - Mar 4
• Dragon Ball Omnibus 4 (10-12) - Mar 4
• Fullmetal Alchemist Omnibus 7 (19-21) - Mar 11
• One Piece (70) - Mar 4
• Pokemon Adventures: Black and White (3) - Mar 4
• Pokemon Adventures: Ruby and Sapphire (21) - Mar 4
• Ranma 1/2 Omnibus 1 (1-2) - Mar 11
• RIN-NE (14) - Mar 4
• Skip Beat! Omnibus 7 (19-21) - Mar 11

Latest JP Charts:
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods dominates the BD and DVD charts
The Wind Rises is still #1 while Captain Harlock CGI Film starts off at #2

Latest Madoka Magica III: Rebellion trailer:

Funimation has confirmed the Dec 2013 titles:
December 3:
Aquarion EVOL, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $64.98
Aquarion EVOL, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - $69.98
One Piece: Season 5, Part 4 - $39.98

December 10:
Fairy Tail, Part 7 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $54.98
Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 85 minutes - $34.98

December 17:
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $64.98
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - $69.98
Jormungand: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - $64.98

December 31:
Chrono Crusade: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) - $29.98
Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) - $44.98
OniAi: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - $49.98 [sub only]

And literally confirmed by TRSI for now:
January 7:
Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection - $59.98
Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection (LE) - $64.98

Other News:
It's been noted from the Viz podcast that Naruto Shippuden the Movie 5: Blood Prison has finished the completion of the dub with speculation that the film should be released next year for USA (while as a safe bet the UK/AUS will get The Lost Tower at the same time).
UK Anime Network will be doing another live podcast at the Scotland Loves Anime 2013 Festival.
There's also a Gurren Lagann spin off with Kamina living in modern day Japan.

Back