The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

animefreak17 said:
im only saying in my opinion -

that if they have caught up with the manga and need more time for it to get a head then besides doing all these fillers like they did with bleach * they was pretty bad with the timelines in bleach* its like

do about 10 episodes of filler, then wait 6 months for the manga to get a head then start the series again,

iv heard alot of people moan about how some fillers suck so * in my opinion * this seems logical, they do this for other live action shows like dead walking, supernatural * wait a year then there back for a new season,

at least this way they can triple check everything and make the animation better and let the manga get a head,

also if they want to make fller episodes then they could show them once every 2 weeks while making the manga episodes for next seasons

I'd suspect having regular 6 month breaks would cause the show to quickly be dropped, that's why they resort to filler.

If you look at how things get released the really popular Manga tends to have episodes every week, and have to use filler. Other Manga get 1-2 seasons and never actually get a proper conclusion Anime wise (and even those series have filler sometimes)

As a follow-up for the line-up on Scotland Loves Animation, i asked if the updates mentioned would include more films for the mid-week line-up and was told that Eva 1.0, 2.0 and Garden of Words will be their mid-week line-up. While i already knew before about Eva, Garden of words i didn't know. So i'm assuming that means Shinkai is a mid-week guest this time round. They still have stuff planned though, so there maybe more to come yet on either guests or films, probably for the weekends.

Source Tweets

NormanicGrav said:
First of all, I'm shocked to see Hunter x Hunter showing because no one has licensed the series in the UK so I wasn't expecting that for a long time.
I expected Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu to appear because of the English Subtitles available on Blu-ray release.
I noticed some AL titles on the lineup (Place Promised & Perfect Blue) which with a HD re-release seems logical.

Personally the biggest one for me is Patema Inverted there for personal reasons of loving it ever since I saw it at a private screening...

NormanicGrav said:
Now to the mystery film.

- It's 110 minutes long.
- European Premiere.
- It's family friendly.
- Mystery film is not out in Japan by a few months.
- 2D traditional animation with no 3D or CGI.

List of all upcoming anime films:
- Bodacious Space Pirates: Movie
- Da Hai
- DokiDoki! Precure Movie: Mana Kekkon!!? Mirai ni Tsunagu Kibou no Dress
- Doraemon: New Nobita's Great Demon - Peko and the Exploration Party of Five
- Ghost in the Shell: ARISE Episode 2-4
- Giovanni no Shima
- Girls und Panzer: Movie
- Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission
- Initial D Final Stage
- Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin
- Little Witch Academia 2
- Lupin III vs Detective Conan the Movie
- Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
- Persona 3: The Movie
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica III: Rebellion
- Sakasama no Patema/Patema Inverted [Showing in Glasgow & Edinburgh]
- Studio Ghibli's Tale of Princess Kagura
- The iDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e
- Tiger & Bunny: The Rising

I'm ruling out Puella Magi Madoka Magica III: Rebellion since that's aimed for teenagers (12+) and is clearly not family friendly.
So I highlighted titles in blue that could be the mystery title and the ones highlighted in red are titles that fans would want to watch in the future.

But honestly the next family title out there is the next Ghibli film.

By the way, one of the supporters for SLA 2013 include KAZE...

True fact - it is one of the films you listed above :). Also will be a very special screening because it will be the un-edited version before final cut for Japan so you'll be seeing something VERY special there.

Just Passing Through said:
Scotland Loves Anime line up announced...

Glasgow

Edinburgh

As expected, no Berserk 3, and no surprise to see Evangelion 3.0.

But the Steins;Gate movie!

I'm a big fan of Steins;Gate - I did see the third Berserk film but my feelings are mixed on its suitability for the big screen in the UK on grounds of content and composition. I'm discussing with KAZE about what can be done so you never know still - am not unknown to thrown in a last minute extra film...

AP

anime_andrew said:

Glasgow

Edinburgh

I'm a big fan of Steins;Gate - I did see the third Berserk film but my feelings are mixed on its suitability for the big screen in the UK on grounds of content and composition. I'm discussing with KAZE about what can be done so you never know still - am not unknown to thrown in a last minute extra film...

AP

Great SLA line-up Andrew, I kind of wanted to ask about one movie (I know it's not the Mystery Film). Did you consider Saint Young Men at any point?

Reevothemusefan said:
anime_andrew said:

Glasgow

Edinburgh

AP

Great SLA line-up Andrew, I kind of wanted to ask about one movie (I know it's not the Mystery Film). Did you consider Saint Young Men at any point?

Yes and I still want to screen it but it got caught in red tape - perhaps if I can free it up last minute then you never know...

AP

I can't make Glasgow due to my father booking a holiday, but I'll have to see if I can make it to Edinburgh.

Hope I can afford it. October is going to be really expensive.

Random said:
Not sure if this is new or I just missed an earlier announcement but MVM have officially announced Fate Zero for next year.

Story

One for my list for next year.

They confirmed it a month back with Linebarrels of Iron (DVD release) and Patlabor OVA (BD and DVD with equal RRP!) but there wasn't much information since it was just a tweet.

(*reads article*)

Hmm.. no mention of Blu-ray on there.

Oh, there's an article on October releases.

MCM Comic Con Scotland details

A new Magical Girl has been confirmed for Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion.

Nagisa Momoe will be voiced by Kana Asumi (Chihiro in The World God Only Knows, Nyarko in Haiyore! Nyarko-san W). No other details about the character have been confirmed at this time.

Sentai's December 2013 Release Details

3rd December:
Girls und Panzer: TV Collection
Blu-ray & DVD
English & Japanese (Eng Sub)

Magical Play: Complete Collection
DVD

10th December:
BTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

Kokoro Connect: OVA Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

17th December:
Di Gi Charat: OVA Collection
DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Collection 1
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

24th December:
Humanity Has Declined: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

Say "I Love You": Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

31st December:
Nyan Koi!: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

So, I Can't Play H: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

Note that the three sub-only titles on Blu-ray are experiments to see whether people will buy them on Blu-ray the same way they do with NIS America's products. This may change in the future and those titles may get re-released with an English dub.

Also, if you're waiting for more announcements from Anime Limited there's a possible surprise coming from the MCM Comic Con Scotland Podcast from Manga Entertainment UK:

Andrew Partridge will be taking part in Manga UK's podcast from MCM Comic Con Scotland this weekend! Now if you listen, and listen closely, he may spill the beans on one or two new titles coming your way....

ConanThe3rd said:
Random said:
Not sure if this is new or I just missed an earlier announcement but MVM have officially announced Fate Zero for next year.

Story

One for my list for next year.
Welp, so much for that. Expensive Aniplex box or bust.

This confused me for a bit, given your not normally known for tolerating Aniplex prices, I thought it might be the no BD confirmation but on the basis they've not said either way I think it'd have to be MVM.

What I can't understand is why, sure their cover arts a bit bland but I don't recall them dropping any clangers like we've seen Manga or Kaze pull, if anything they are a bit reliably boring.

NormanicGrav said:
31st December:
Blu-ray & DVD

Hmm, odd, I had this marked for a September release, guess it slipped.

NormanicGrav said:
Sentai's December 2013 Release Details

3rd December:
Blu-ray & DVD

Magical Play: Complete Collection
DVD

10th December:
BTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

Kokoro Connect: OVA Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

17th December:
Di Gi Charat: OVA Collection
DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Collection 1
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

24th December:
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

Say "I Love You": Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD

31st December:
Blu-ray & DVD

So, I Can't Play H: Complete Collection
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

Note that the three sub-only titles on Blu-ray are experiments to see whether people will buy them on Blu-ray the same way they do with NIS America's products. This may change in the future and those titles may get re-released with an English dub.

Also, if you're waiting for more announcements from Anime Limited there's a possible surprise coming from the MCM Comic Con Scotland Podcast from Manga Entertainment UK:

Andrew Partridge will be taking part in Manga UK's podcast from MCM Comic Con Scotland this weekend! Now if you listen, and listen closely, he may spill the beans on one or two new titles coming your way....
which of these are fan service anime?

Rosencrantz said:
NormanicGrav said:
31st December:
Blu-ray & DVD
Hmm, odd, I had this marked for a September release, guess it slipped.
Yeah I don't know why it got delayed, I think it was mentioned somewhere let me see..

Here's the report, alongside the delay for Medaka Box

In other news, A Letter to Memo will be expected in 2014 by Anime Limited and its US counterpart of the license GKids.
The reason being is the English Dub is still in progress and therefore the US release is expected for early 2014 for home release.

animefreak17 said:
which of these are fan service anime?
I know So I Can't Play H is by noticing the cover art (I've placed it in the Overseas Thread) and my guess that H ends with entai.

BTOOOM! has minor fanservice and Say I love You isn't.

Girls und Panzer has Tank fanservice.

The rest are most likely fanservice.

NormanicGrav said:
3rd December:
Blu-ray & DVD

24th December:
Blu-ray & DVD
Japanese (Eng Sub)

Both shows I'd be happy to have on my shelf. About time for Humanity has Declined.

Back