The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
As someone who flips a table when I see a comma used before "and" I'm not sure if I'd be able to endure that xD

In another note, the official website has confirmed that Kokoro Connect will be at least 17 episodes (likely to be 24-26 I guess).

A comma before an "and" isn't necessarily incorrect though. See Oxford Comma

Ok just thought I would report that Tenchi In Toyko and Tenchi universe complete sets have been sighted on sites. Looking forward to getting them because I only have Tenchi Muyo! Nice one funi!

MikeP said:
Joshawott said:
As someone who flips a table when I see a comma used before "and" I'm not sure if I'd be able to endure that xD

In another note, the official website has confirmed that Kokoro Connect will be at least 17 episodes (likely to be 24-26 I guess).

A comma before an "and" isn't necessarily incorrect though. See Oxford Comma
It's incorrect in my book! *flips a table*

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:
Does anyone know the severity of Blue Exorcist's missing subs?

Apparently, there are spaces missing between words some times too...

Four episodes in so far... no missing subs, but have noticed a few missing spaces. They're Madman authored discs (Disc 1 doesn't even have the Manga logo) before you get all ired up.
Wow, totaly worth the rush to get those out before 2013, who boy.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
Does anyone know the severity of Blue Exorcist's missing subs?

Apparently, there are spaces missing between words some times too...

Four episodes in so far... no missing subs, but have noticed a few missing spaces. They're Madman authored discs (Disc 1 doesn't even have the Manga logo) before you get all ired up.
Wow, totaly worth the rush to get those out before 2013, who boy.

Found a missing sub in episode 5 last night. Fortunately it's the anime convention of nonplussed character repeating the previous guy's line back at him in the form of a question.

BIG NEWS

Spotted on Right Stuf, as well as the Tenchi goodness...

Black Lagoon S1 & S2 DVD Blu-ray combo Nov 13th $54.98 pretailling for $32.99

That price has to be wrong. Maybe they'll honour it. No info about contents and extras yet.

Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 BD DVD combo Oct 16th $59.98

Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 BD DVD combo Nov 13th $69.98

Serial Experiments Lain BD DVD combo Nov 13th $89.98

Black Lagoon definite seem too cheap. Perhaps TSRI have got the price mixed up with the Lain combo-pack, which is pricey for a 13-episode show.

Definitely getting Hellsing Ultimate 5-8. I really need me some ultraviolence.

BIG NEWS

That price has to be wrong. Maybe they'll honour it. No info about contents and extras yet.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Black Lagoon definite seem too cheap. Perhaps TSRI have got the price mixed up with the Lain combo-pack, which is pricey for a 13-episode show.

I think that price is correct for Black Lagoon. The full title for the release is

Black Lagoon DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Anime Classics (Seasons 1-2)

The classics range (like the S.A.V.E. range) is priced cheaper than the regular releases.

As for me, I'll be getting Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate & Lain.

You could be be right; the Chobits Classics Blu-ray release was also priced at $55. If it IS the correct price then it makes Kaze's release seem awfully expensive in comparison. Also, it's inconceivable that Funimation's cover art will be as terrible, and there's a good chance their subtitles won't be locked. No brainer.

Hmmm... I hope Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 gets a regular DVD release here in the UK, though I hope they keep the boxset, given it would be a lot more convenient than the individual releases (sorry OCD-ers :))

ColdCobra said:
Hmmm... I hope Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 gets a regular DVD release here in the UK, though I hope they keep the boxset, given it would be a lot more convenient than the individual releases (sorry OCD-ers :))

you and me both brother

Was umming and ahhing about getting the double pack *(also have the old DVD). SInce I don't actually like the first film much I guess I'll just get the single blu of Milos now :) Saves me some pennies.

Ath said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa blu-ray delayed until December, hence the movie double pack Blu is delayed as well

This does not affect Sacred Star of Milos's individual DVD and Blu-ray nor the DVD re-release of Shamballa and the Double pack. Manufacturing error or something.

I still have my old Revelation DVD, I'm in no rush to upgrade unless it falls under a tenner or something.

(Looks up US release, see's it's just over a tenner) Eep! Make that a fiver :p

Yeah, watch the Shamballa BD release get Haruhi Suzumiya'd out of existence between now and December. How hard is it to stick a Manga logo ahead of a Funimation disc? The few people who didn't know at this point that Funimation's BD was Region A & B and available for a tenner at most times, and easily at that through UK e-tailers like Play and Amazon will surely have noticed it now when searching for the UK Blu-ray!

Conqueror of Shamballa will join The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in being DVD only now.

I'll buy the Milos BD, but I'm not in a rush to upgrade Shamballa now.

Joshawott said:
Conqueror of Shamballa will join The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in being DVD only now.

I'll buy the Milos BD, but I'm not in a rush to upgrade Shamballa now.

I paid £9 to upgrade last year when I finally went Blu, and imported from the US via Play.

That price has to be wrong.
It had bloody well better be, and I hope they don't honour it. I don't think I've ever known the first US release of a title be that much cheaper than the UK version, ever. Cheap reprints after something's been out several years, yeah, but not an inital release. How on earth would Funi have managed to get the licence so cheap as to make that price viable (not to mention Japanese reverse import paranoia)?

Back