The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Madman's 9 Manifestannouncements...

Lots of acquisitions announced today. 9 in fact! Here’s a run down of all of these announcements.

In addition we also announced the following:
STAR DRIVER will be debuting on Channel 31 Melbourne from September 3rd in Japanese with English titles! Every Monday at 11pm. We will also be premiering OREIMO at a to be determined date.

CODE GEASS: AKITO THE EXILED

The brand new OVA series will be coming to Australian shores soon! Taking place at around the same time as the original CODE GEASS storyline but set in the European Union. Akito is part of a special forces unit of the E.U and must fight off an invading Britannian army. Full release details are to be finalised.
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN THE MOVIE: THE WILL OF FIRE

The third NARUTO SHIPPUDEN movie! This will be released in December on both DVD and Blu-Ray

INUYASHA THE FINAL ACT

After much delay, we are finally able to bring you the exciting conclusion to the INUYASHA series! This will be released across two half season sets in 2013.

EUREKA SEVEN AO

The brand new EUREKA SEVEN series! The story is set on Okinawa’s isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao’s mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao’s 13-year-old childhood friend and the story’s heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a “Yuta” power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young. A mysterious entity called “Secret” suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. Ao launches a certain military FP called “Nirvash” aboard a Japanese military transport in his fervent desire to protect the island.

RUROUNI KENSHIN: NEW KYOTO ARC

Told from the perspective of Misao Makimachi, this alternate retelling of the Kyoto arc chronicles the adventures of wandering swordsman Kenshin Himura and his quest in putting a stop to the evil Makoto Shishio and his plot to take over Japan.

HAGANAI

Kodaka Hasegawa has just transferred to St. Chronica’s Academy and he’s having a hard time making friends. With his naturally blond hair and fierce looking eyes, people constantly mistake him for a delinquent. One day, he runs into his bad-tempered loner of a classmate, Yozora, while she’s talking to her imaginary friend, Tomo. Since neither of them have any friends, they decide to form a club and start recruiting some. Little by little, lonely classmates join their club to learn how to build friendships through cooking together, playing games, and other group activities. But, with so many misfits, will the club members really be able to get along?

MICHIKO & HATCHIN

Hatchin is a girl raised by strict foster parents who has long given up her dreams of freedom. Michiko is a sexy criminal who escapes from a supposedly inescapable prison. When she suddenly enters Hana’s life, these two very different women set off on a journey across a lawless land in search of a missing man from both their pasts.

HIGH SCHOOL D X D

Issei Hyodo is your average perverted high school student whose one wish in life is to have his own harem, but he’s got to be one of the unluckiest guys around. He goes on his first date with a girl only to get brutally attacked and killed when it turns out the girl is really a vicious fallen angel. To top it all off, he’s later reincarnated as a devil by his gorgeous senpai who tells him that she is also a devil and now his master! One thing’s for sure, his peaceful days are over. In a battle between devils and angels, who will win?

ARIA THE SCARLET AMMO

Kinji is a junior at a high school for mercenaries. He just wants to be normal, but his secret condition—he turns into an ace killer when he’s turned on by the female form—triggers a fiery transfer student’s unrelenting desire to make him her partner.

MIchiko & Hatchin right now dammit!

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Been a while since we have had new Netflix anime additions, but now Bamboo Blade is available to watch as of recently.
Its been up for weeks and i still haven't finished watching it on there. Dunno if i should finish it or not.

Also had a look at the dub cast for Shana season 2 and that damn thread lol. Its seems my opening post was one of the only reasonable ones with like 10 pages of moaning and videophile talk. jeez.

Joshawott said:
The reason KazéUK have had to be silent about AnimeOnDemand is apparently due to a Non-disclosure Agreement.
NDA for a year, and still months until another announcement... that announcement had better include "first six months of new product free for anyone who paid up front for a year sub to AoD initially".

teonzo said:
Joshawott said:
KazéUK have Code Geass and Mawaru Penguindrum.
Code Geass was pretty much an open secret for ages. Code Geass will be on blu-ray.

Nice! Geass will be a double dip for sure.
If the release is nice enough, I might even triple dip!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Joshawott said:
Still pretty pricey for a native release. I'll check it out and see if I like it first...definitely out of blind buy territory.
Here's a suggestion: you could buy a copy of the game for less than a third of what one anime set will cost
I believe the game takes about 60-70 hours longer than the anime? You have underestimated how much money I would expect to earn in that time if you think £40 makes all the difference in the equation. :p

Lawrence said:
[Index and Railgun] Both are two parts of an intertwining story. But it's possible to watch one without having watching the other.
Nah, not really. Index had been around for years before Railgun started, Railgun is more like an alternate viewpoint on the Index story + its own stuff rather than a second part of an intertwining one. edit: probably a bit more forceful than I needed to be, I just wouldn't want someone to think even slightly that Index was written with "also follow Railgun" in mind, and miss out on the show.

From the MangaUK podcast:
All stock of "Panty & Stocking" has been recalled and the fixed version will be available on 10th September.

For those who cannot return their purchase to the retailer, MangaUK will be setting up an email address where you can email them with proof of purchase and get a replacement.

Also, the first batch of Blue Exorcist volume 1 DVDs lists "English" as an audio option on the back, due to that box where it lists things being a template. With the dub, they wouldn't be able to receive the dub until around April/May 2013 and after that, it will take 12 weeks to author discs, so they'll talk to Madman and Aniplex and see what'll happen and if it will be viable to release with a dub.

EDIT:
Next year, most 12-13 episode series' will probably be DVD/BD combi-packs. Sengoku Basara season 1 BD sales were less than 500 units and Strike Witches 1 didn't sell enough to justify season 2 on BD.

Can anyone name the releases Manga have got 100% right in the last couple of years? I don't want to moan and bitch like some of you guys do, but wow does a disproportionate amount of crap go wrong with anime releases.

In other news Yay that Madman licensed Michiko & Hatchi. Shocked that there's been no region 1 release of that ever.

FourthLion said:
Can anyone name the releases Manga have got 100% right in the last couple of years? I don't want to moan and bitch like some of you guys do, but wow does a disproportionate amount of crap go wrong with anime releases.
I'd say they get about 70% of their releases out without issue. What's frustrating is that it's usually something that seems like such a silly error to make such as subtitles being out of sync, no translations of on screen text without turning on full subtitles, the option for hearing impaired text but not a translation of Japanese, huge black borders around the text and to a lesser extent spelling errors and transfer glitches in the video department. The majority of issues are subtitles related.

Manga have excellent presentation skills and their products always look fantastic at a generally reasonable price but they need to put more focus into the quality control of the actual content the put out.

MangaUK are really interested in license rescuing Elfen Lied. If they can get the OVA, I'll double dip.

MangaUK and Kazé were trying to get Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion out for Christmas, but waiting for the dub has pushed it to next year.

Joshawott said:
If they can get the OVA, I'll double dip.
Always found it kinda weird that ADV never released the OVA with the rest of the series. Seemed like that episode alone covered more character stuff than most of the series.

Sy said:
Joshawott said:
If they can get the OVA, I'll double dip.
Always found it kinda weird that ADV never released the OVA with the rest of the series. Seemed like that episode alone covered more character stuff than most of the series.
I heard some talk that ADV licensed it, but never released it. So to have my "Complete Collection" not being "Complete" annoys me. I'm sure it not having a dub wouldn't phase MangaUK considering the majority of the show does.

I've been pretty impressed with some Manga releases, the new Madoka release looks like it will be great, but with all the moaning from all the anime fans at the moment going right back to all the blu cancellations you'd think they'd try THAT BIT HARDER to get things right and silence their critics. a 30% failure rate is pretty high in my opinion.

Maybe it all annoys me because I work in Quality Assurance. Perhaps I should send in my CV.

It's not even just Manga really. Funi, Madman and NISA have been screwing up a lot too. Maybe I just don't notice the failures on non-anime releases as I don't care as much?

MangaUK are interested in Digimon; but it hasn't been offered to them.

Also, Warner Bros. has all of Pokémon, but are only focused on releasing the movies apparently.

EDIT:
Jerome has contacted TVTokyo to see if they can change the cover of The World God Only Knows season 1 (yet Universal have released the movies recently, so I wonder if Jerome got the name wrong? I dunno).

FourthLion said:

In other news Yay that Madman licensed Michiko & Hatchi. Shocked that there's been no region 1 release of that ever.

Funimation announced Michiko & Hatchin at Otakon, or the expo before that. Within the last few months anyway...

Speaking of new licenses in Australia...

Siren Visual have

INTRIGUE IN THE BAKUMATSU
MAWARU PENGUINDRUM
BOOK OF BANTORRA

Persona 4 will be split over 3 volumes (yes I'm listening to the podcast, sue me xD). Volume 2 in late March, volume 3 in June. The SRP is said to be £29.99.

Joshawott said:
MangaUK are interested in Digimon; but it hasn't been offered to them.
I would prefer MVM to get their hands on it, I can't help but think that Manga would view it as a bad sale whereas MVM will likely view it as good. Still would like a UK release though.

As for Elfen Lied, would likely support a rescue.

The adult game brand Overdrive will celebrate the fifth anniversary of its Kira Kira game with a 30-minute "full live concert anime" Blu-ray Disc and DVD on December 26. The "what-if" story of Kira Kira 5th Anniversary Live Anime Kick Star Generation reunites the Second Literature Club Band members Kirari, Chie, Maejima, and Sarina, several months after the concert in the d2b vs DEARDROPS ~Cross the Future~ fan disk.

Link to ANN Article Here

All i can say is....YESSS PLEASSSEEE :D:D:D

Joshawott said:
EDIT:
Next year, most 12-13 episode series' will probably be DVD/BD combi-packs. Sengoku Basara season 1 BD sales were less than 500 units and Strike Witches 1 didn't sell enough to justify season 2 on BD.
I'm assuming that's talking about Funi's releases?

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
EDIT:
I'm assuming that's talking about Funi's releases?
MangaUK.

I'll believe their "most 12-13 episode series' will probably be DVD/BD combi-packs" thing when I see it though.

Back