The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ayase

State Alchemist
Just Passing Through said:
Persona 4 has a RRP of £50...

It's a combo release, with 2 BDs and 2 DVDs, hence the higher price.
Great. Everybody gets to pay more because we're stuck in this ridiculous between-formats limbo. Woohoo.

The time has come, wider media industry, to force a format upgrade and make new releases BD only. Besides, when everyone has to go out and buy BD players and HDTVs it'll be good for the economy.

Joshawott said:
Still pretty pricey for a native release. I'll check it out and see if I like it first...definitely out of blind buy territory.
Here's a suggestion: you could buy a copy of the game for less than a third of what one anime set will cost, and you'll get a richer experience to boot. In fact you could probably get a used PS2, a memory card, AND a copy of the game for less than the price of both sets.

On the broader point of pricing: when VAT is taken into account, £50 retail is comparable to what US distributors are charging for BD sets/combo-packs, and if that's what Kaze need to charge in order to make Blu-ray viable in the UK then fair enough.

...or it would be if they got rid of the UPOP nonsense.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
fabricatedlunatic said:
Joshawott said:
Still pretty pricey for a native release. I'll check it out and see if I like it first...definitely out of blind buy territory.
Here's a suggestion: you could buy a copy of the game for less than a third of what one anime set will cost, and you'll get a richer experience to boot. In fact you could probably get a used PS2, a memory card, AND a copy of the game for less than the price of both sets.

On the broader point of pricing: when VAT is taken into account, £50 retail is comparable to what US distributors are charging for BD sets/combo-packs, and if that's what Kaze need to charge in order to make Blu-ray viable in the UK then fair enough.

...or it would be if they got rid of the UPOP nonsense.
Yeah. I usually end up paying around £40 to import barebones BD releases from the states, so once I've tried out the show and like it, then I'll probably buy it anyway.

butch-cassidy

Straw Hat Pirate
Got this from Play,

Dear MR PALIN

Order ID:

Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Ninja Scroll: Limited Edition Steelbook Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 26-Nov-2012. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Play.com

Joshawott said:
Does anyone know the severity of Blue Exorcist's missing subs?

Apparently, there are spaces missing between words some times too...

Four episodes in so far... no missing subs, but have noticed a few missing spaces. They're Madman authored discs (Disc 1 doesn't even have the Manga logo) before you get all ired up.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
As someone who flips a table when I see a comma used before "and" I'm not sure if I'd be able to endure that xD

In another note, the official website has confirmed that Kokoro Connect will be at least 17 episodes (likely to be 24-26 I guess).

MikeP

School Idol
Joshawott said:
As someone who flips a table when I see a comma used before "and" I'm not sure if I'd be able to endure that xD

In another note, the official website has confirmed that Kokoro Connect will be at least 17 episodes (likely to be 24-26 I guess).

A comma before an "and" isn't necessarily incorrect though. See Oxford Comma

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Ok just thought I would report that Tenchi In Toyko and Tenchi universe complete sets have been sighted on sites. Looking forward to getting them because I only have Tenchi Muyo! Nice one funi!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
MikeP said:
Joshawott said:

A comma before an "and" isn't necessarily incorrect though. See Oxford Comma
It's incorrect in my book! *flips a table*

ConanThe3rd

Railgun
Joshawott said:

Four episodes in so far... no missing subs, but have noticed a few missing spaces. They're Madman authored discs (Disc 1 doesn't even have the Manga logo) before you get all ired up.
Wow, totaly worth the rush to get those out before 2013, who boy.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:

Wow, totaly worth the rush to get those out before 2013, who boy.

Found a missing sub in episode 5 last night. Fortunately it's the anime convention of nonplussed character repeating the previous guy's line back at him in the form of a question.

BIG NEWS

Spotted on Right Stuf, as well as the Tenchi goodness...

Black Lagoon S1 & S2 DVD Blu-ray combo Nov 13th $54.98 pretailling for $32.99

That price has to be wrong. Maybe they'll honour it. No info about contents and extras yet.

Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 BD DVD combo Oct 16th $59.98

Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 BD DVD combo Nov 13th $69.98

Serial Experiments Lain BD DVD combo Nov 13th $89.98

Black Lagoon definite seem too cheap. Perhaps TSRI have got the price mixed up with the Lain combo-pack, which is pricey for a 13-episode show.

Definitely getting Hellsing Ultimate 5-8. I really need me some ultraviolence.