The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I've only been reading the Railgun manga; I haven't seen either of the anime series' and as of volume 4, I haven't needed any kind of knowledge of Index; only in the omake and author notes.

In fact, my volume 5 should arrive tomorrow and I'm really looking forwatd to it.

Joshawott said:
FUNimation have announced that the reason for the Shana II delay is so that they can add the Naze Nane Shana and Shana-tan OVAs.

We've waited a fair while, I think we can wait a little longer for a guarantee of some extra stuff on the discs

Joshawott said:
The reason KazéUK have had to be silent about AnimeOnDemand is apparently due to a Non-disclosure Agreement.
Meaning it's dead (as AOD at least) and someone at Viz/Shogakugan/Shueshia just wants to string us along :|

We've been here before, stop playing games with us.

If it's that Streaming Channel that Viz is doing for the PS3, awesome, I'm all for it, if not that then fine, drop the axe. Just do something other than air the one show under a paywall that has killed the service.

That said, Penguin Drum: Bought PDQ.

Joshawott said:
Code Geass was pretty much an open secret for ages. Code Geass will be on blu-ray.
Code Geass will be bought by me.

The waiting game paid off. Looking forward to finally seeing it.

Always meant to get round to buying Code Geass, but it was always ridiculously priced due to being mostly out of print and I wasn't that desperate to see it. Hopefully Kaze do a combined complete series 1 and 2 straight off the bat, though I doubt it. Never watched Penguindrum as it aired but will likely end up picking it up.

KazéUK have Code Geass and Mawaru Penguindrum.

I'm not to fussed on Geass, not happy with how the 2nd series played out compared to the first. I am super excited about Penguindrum. I was worried it would end up being forever unlicensed you to how odd it is.

I wonder if it will be dubbed or sub only?

Back