The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:

Manga will be getting none of my money then - already own the region A blu-rays of all of them.

Lets face it, they are the end of the chain and are always going to lose out, maybe in a few years the UK will be a more viable BR market and Manga will have a PR person that can tell us in advance that a BR is incoming so we don't go for the US version immediately.

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion is due out in France and Italy on 21st November. Hopefully this means a UK release won't be too far behind.

Rosencrantz said:
mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:

Manga will be getting none of my money then - already own the region A blu-rays of all of them.

Lets face it, they are the end of the chain and are always going to lose out, maybe in a few years the UK will be a more viable BR market and Manga will have a PR person that can tell us in advance that a BR is incoming so we don't go for the US version immediately.

The only way I will start buying more UK anime is if America gets more DVD only releases (like Heaven's Lost Property Season 2) or more crocked blu-rays (like Persona 4 The Animation which is dubbed only) due to it having the same region code as Japan.

mangaman74 said:
The only way I will start buying more UK anime is if America gets more DVD only releases (like Heaven's Lost Property Season 2) or more crocked blu-rays (like Persona 4 The Animation which is dubbed only) due to it having the same region code as Japan.

I'm taking a similar stance atm, US BR and if it has to be DvD i'll go for UK/Aus becuase I can't stand the flickering I get with the R1 stuff.

Rosencrantz said:
mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:

Well that's their own damn fault as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing says "Viable Market" than cancelling the first big series to be in the format and then not finishing any other series even those that only required two volumes to be published.

Rosencrantz said:
Disney XD just plain sucks, I used to enjoy Jetix but then we had a name change and a massive unwelcome influx of live action shows :( I don't think there's a single show I now watch on XD.

Well there's Phineas and Ferb and Motorcity on the channel, Pokemon Black and White (If you enjoy that sort of thing) and I think Gravity Falls is coming up on the channel soon.

Then again, those are just from the top of my head.

theirsbailiff said:
Rosencrantz said:
Disney XD just plain sucks, I used to enjoy Jetix but then we had a name change and a massive unwelcome influx of live action shows :( I don't think there's a single show I now watch on XD.

Well there's Phineas and Ferb and Motorcity on the channel, Pokemon Black and White (If you enjoy that sort of thing) and I think Gravity Falls is coming up on the channel soon.

Pokémon airs on CITV first though.

Joshawott said:
theirsbailiff said:
Rosencrantz said:

Part of me thinks that had a hand in Inazuma being bumrushed through Disney XD as it did. I'm genuinely surprised that Nintendo didn't come down on Disney Like a ton of bricks for the whole fiasco.

If I was running Nintendo Of Europe (and don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff like the Rainfall games and I imagine the 3DS region locking debacle was not of thier choosing) the first thing that would have happened once it was clear DXD was not running E11 only after a month would be that I'd be pulling Pokémon from them and offering the rights to CN or something.

That and working on Getting Pokémon Kanto on Kix.

Genuinely surprised they're still running Motocity. Too awesome for that channel.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
theirsbailiff said:
Rosencrantz said:

Part of me thinks that had a hand in Inazuma being bumrushed through Disney XD as it did. I'm genuinely surprised that Nintendo didn't come down on Disney Like a ton of bricks for the whole fiasco.

If I was running Nintendo Of Europe (and don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff like the Rainfall games and I imagine the 3DS region locking debacle was not of thier choosing) the first thing that would have happened once it was clear DXD was not running E11 only after a month would be that I'd be pulling Pokémon from them and offering the rights to CN or something.

Genuinely surprised they're still running Motocity. Too awesome for that channel.
CITV had Pokémon before Disney XD had Inazuma 11. Disney XD started airing the show with the "Battle Dimension" season (2008-2009), but after that season, CITV started premièring the show first, with Disney XD airing them at a later date.

Ian Wolf said:
Not sure where else to put this so it might as well go here. In The Guardian's "Your next box set" feature this week they are covering GitS: Stand Alone Complex.
:| Really? How long as GitS been out? Is it even still in print?

Joshawott said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
theirsbailiff said:
Rosencrantz said:

CITV had Pokémon before Disney XD had Inazuma 11. Disney XD started airing the show with the "Battle Dimension" season (2008-2009), but after that season, CITV started premièring the show first, with Disney XD airing them at a later date.
That's what I mean. I could see Disney geting sour about that. I mean why should kids bother thier parents to get digital satalite/cable when they could just watch it on Freview BEFORE Sat/Cab?

Ian Wolf said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Ian Wolf said:
Not sure where else to put this so it might as well go here. In The Guardian's "Your next box set" feature this week they are covering GitS: Stand Alone Complex.
:| Really? How long as GitS been out? Is it even still in print?

Well they brought out some GitS stuff on Blu-Ray a little while ago, so presumably there is still demand for it.
In the latest MangaUK podcast, Jerome was REALLY interested in the quality of the recent Japanese blu-ray release for the Ghost in the Shell Oshii film, so there's at least GITS interest at Manga.

Just thought I would put this out there. Index finally has a release date of October on up1. I know how long people here have been looking forward to it. Now where is my railgun funi ?

MangaUK have said that there are currently no plans to license A Certain Scientific Index or A Certain Scientific Railgun, but that's only because it hasn't been offered to them. (Source). The "but only because it hasn’t ever been offered to us" bit is interesting in that they didn't outright dismiss the possibility if it was offered.

devilrules666 said:
Just thought I would put this out there. Index finally has a release date of October on up1. I know how long people here have been looking forward to it. Now where is my railgun funi ?
YES. Personally, I think Railgun might perform better, due to the manga being available here. In fact, I'm looking forward to Index simply because I enjoyed the Railgun manga.

Back