The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
FUNimation have announced that the reason for the Shana II delay is so that they can add the Naze Nane Shana and Shana-tan OVAs.

Yay about the Shana-tan OVAs, since I really liked them :)

Shall be getting Mawaru Penguin when it comes out, and yay for Medaka's Box season 2 airing in October ^_^

That seems a slightly obscure choice for them, but I guess they're going to try and market it on the Tatsunoko connection. I'd be curious to see it anyway; the theme tune is pretty good and that appears to be how I'm judging things these days.

Professor Irony said:
That seems a slightly obscure choice for them, but I guess they're going to try and market it on the Tatsunoko connection. I'd be curious to see it anyway; the theme tune is pretty good and that appears to be how I'm judging things these days.
lol i,m kinda the same i,m easily sold on a show if i like the opening song and intro especially series from the 70,s and 80,s.

Joshawott said:
Bit pricey compared to most BD releases.

I'd suspect thats a starting point, no one else has it up at this time and they all seem to like dropping a few quid off to outwit each other. Not to mention £45 can't be their discounted price surely, that'd make shop copies £55+

Still pretty pricey for a native release. I'll check it out and see if I like it first...definitely out of blind buy territory.

I'm guessing this is Japan's doing, considering how damn protective they seem to be of Persona 4.

Just Passing Through said:
Persona 4 has a RRP of £50...

It's a combo release, with 2 BDs and 2 DVDs, hence the higher price.
Great. Everybody gets to pay more because we're stuck in this ridiculous between-formats limbo. Woohoo.

The time has come, wider media industry, to force a format upgrade and make new releases BD only. Besides, when everyone has to go out and buy BD players and HDTVs it'll be good for the economy.

Joshawott said:
Still pretty pricey for a native release. I'll check it out and see if I like it first...definitely out of blind buy territory.
Here's a suggestion: you could buy a copy of the game for less than a third of what one anime set will cost, and you'll get a richer experience to boot. In fact you could probably get a used PS2, a memory card, AND a copy of the game for less than the price of both sets.

On the broader point of pricing: when VAT is taken into account, £50 retail is comparable to what US distributors are charging for BD sets/combo-packs, and if that's what Kaze need to charge in order to make Blu-ray viable in the UK then fair enough.

...or it would be if they got rid of the UPOP nonsense.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Joshawott said:
Here's a suggestion: you could buy a copy of the game for less than a third of what one anime set will cost, and you'll get a richer experience to boot. In fact you could probably get a used PS2, a memory card, AND a copy of the game for less than the price of both sets.

On the broader point of pricing: when VAT is taken into account, £50 retail is comparable to what US distributors are charging for BD sets/combo-packs, and if that's what Kaze need to charge in order to make Blu-ray viable in the UK then fair enough.

...or it would be if they got rid of the UPOP nonsense.
Yeah. I usually end up paying around £40 to import barebones BD releases from the states, so once I've tried out the show and like it, then I'll probably buy it anyway.

Got this from Play,

Dear MR PALIN

Order ID:

Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Ninja Scroll: Limited Edition Steelbook Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 26-Nov-2012. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support Team

Play.com

Joshawott said:
Does anyone know the severity of Blue Exorcist's missing subs?

Apparently, there are spaces missing between words some times too...

Four episodes in so far... no missing subs, but have noticed a few missing spaces. They're Madman authored discs (Disc 1 doesn't even have the Manga logo) before you get all ired up.

As someone who flips a table when I see a comma used before "and" I'm not sure if I'd be able to endure that xD

In another note, the official website has confirmed that Kokoro Connect will be at least 17 episodes (likely to be 24-26 I guess).

Back