The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

daichi383 said:
HOLY **** DUDE!! I didn't think it was popular enough to get a movie. looks like we can get to see what a fight looks like in fairy tail with a REAL budget. :roll:
Did you not see what happened to the sales of the manga when it launched??
Remember this is a tie in to long running shounen movie, don't expect high budget, or at least expect some "quality".

ilmaestro said:
They must finally be making an anime of Princess Ai.

Rofl.

I'm genuinely hopeful for the NYAF announcements in general, though I bet this is just something boring about their region-locked streaming setup ^^;

R

This would be a fantastic time to announce Sailor Moon as it's selling so well with the manga version - which is why I am not expecting it. They were unusually enthusiastic about admitting they had been pursuing it though at AWA.

Having said that it would have to be an extremely nice release to convince to buy the entire thing yet again.

R

If it were Sailor Moon, I know they have been after it for a long time, but I think it would be a little too soon After AWA to announce it, I mean one minute they didn't have it then the next did, sounds confusing?

You guys have already convinced me that it will be Sailor Moon.

I would be annoyed if it was some megaton streaming announcement and it was still region locked. Hey, at least you can view the pages with the videos on now, even if you can't see the videos themselves!

If Manga really, really wanted to do something great for the UK industry, they would work on getting access to Funi's streaming, especially now they're launching a subscription service.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... ebruary-14

Madoka Magica U.S. release information.

DVD/Blu-Ray release confirmed. Volume 1 out on 14th February, Volume 2 on 10 April, Volume 3 on 12th June.

There will also be a limited edition volume with the DVD, BD and Soundtrack. The box will include a 24-page booklet, double sided poster, Kyubey sticker, collectible postcards, trailer collection and creditless OP/ED.

And voice cast announcements:
Christine Marie Cabanos (Azusa in K-On! and Squid Girl in Squid Girl as Madoka
Cassandra Lee (Ritsu in K-On!, Saki in Durarara!) as Kyubey
Sarah Williams (Ayumi in Squid Girl) as Sayaka

I was reading a live feed of the panel on the bus and as each line of the extra goodies was typed out my eyes widened :D

This is the kind of sexy release I like to see in R1 (and I want series I like more to get this kind of treatment too!), so I'll probably be preordering the LE on Monday. Kinda expensive and I'm sure some people are spitting blood, but whatever, I like soundtracks and they can get the cheap edition so everyone wins \o/

R, vulnerable to shiny special editions

Hmm. Even the regular editions are pushing it price-wise for a show I'm not sure about. I was happy to pay around £30 for 8/9 episodes of Durarara, but I'm less eager about this. It's nice to see that the US market getting some snazzy releases though.

To be honest, I'm surprised that they split it into three releases.

Looking at the prices...
LE - $94.98 (but retailers list them at $74.98)
BD - $49.98 (retailers list them at $39.98)
DVD - $39.98 (retailers list them at $29.98)

Yeah...that's expensive.

Joshawott said:
To be honest, I'm surprised that they split it into three releases.

Looking at the prices...
LE - $94.98 (but retailers list them at $74.98)
BD - $49.98 (retailers list them at $39.98)
DVD - $39.98 (retailers list them at $29.98)

Yeah...that's expensive.
Half the Japanese price, for essentially the same release.
That's the best value release Aniplex USA have so far done.
Back to what stuff cost 3-5 years ago, not entirely a bad thing (disks are too cheap ATM in the USA)

Reaper gI said:
Back to what stuff cost 3-5 years ago, not entirely a bad thing (disks are too cheap ATM in the USA)
DVD singles used to be $30 before discounts, so this is more expensive. And the reason why singles disappeared is because nobody was buying them, so I don't think a return to the prices of 3-5 years ago is a good thing. Madoka will sell, though, because it's such a big title.

ilmaestro said:
I would be annoyed if it was some megaton streaming announcement and it was still region locked. Hey, at least you can view the pages with the videos on now, even if you can't see the videos themselves!

If Manga really, really wanted to do something great for the UK industry, they would work on getting access to Funi's streaming, especially now they're launching a subscription service.

They've partnered with NicoNico.com and got 7 new simulcasts. As usual, we're not invited to the party. Haganai/Mirai Nikki/C3/MakenKi/Shana3/Guilty Crown/Last Exile.

Oh, and they have the Fafner movie.

Rubbish news all around.

R

Interesting release for Madoka, they took the exact conversion of the price of one Japanese BD for the LE edition, but are throwing four eps on there instead of two. Y'all should be chuffed!

/will have to double dip for some of the extras

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:

They've partnered with NicoNico.com and got 7 new simulcasts. As usual, we're not invited to the party. Haganai/Mirai Nikki/C3/MakenKi/Shana3/Guilty Crown/Last Exile.

Oh, and they have the Fafner movie.

Rubbish news all around.

R
I had kind of guessed that would be it. :(

**** them for all of their days for not streaming HaGaNai to me.

Back