The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I have lost track of what the situation is with 5cm/s releases these days, but I did just notice a "Global Edition" release on Amazon JP with English sub+dub. Is that the first/only English language BD release of the movie?

Fate/Zero is going to have English subtitles on its Japanese blu-ray release, as well as a bunch of other hot extras:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -moon-nasu

Strange as always that the other translated subtitles from the streams never made it. I hope Aniplex USA do the right thing before I find out one of the store preorder bonuses is a set of Archer bedsheets (mislabelled as a tapestry) or something and press the button.

R

ilmaestro said:
So weird (as discussed in another thread recently, or maybe chat) that Sentai can still be in "license any old crap" mode, in this day and age. Did they not see what happened to totally-unrelated-company ADV in the previous decade?
The Sojitz deal was not licencing random shows, which they're not doing.
They're picking up TBS shows FUNi and Bandai don't: the fact they're primarily from licensee makes them non-random.

Reaper gI said:
ilmaestro said:
So weird (as discussed in another thread recently, or maybe chat) that Sentai can still be in "license any old crap" mode, in this day and age. Did they not see what happened to totally-unrelated-company ADV in the previous decade?
The Sojitz deal was not licencing random shows, which they're not doing.
They're picking up TBS shows FUNi and Bandai don't: the fact they're primarily from licensee makes them non-random.
Didn't say they were random, said they weren't checked for quality.

Also, you've tried to word the first sentence of your reply too cleverly, and it is quite obtuse in its meaning.

First still from Phoenix Wright movie

c176987cfe4ccc3883bf1243859f4459.jpg

ilmaestro said:
Their in-office diary entries for how the simulcast of Mirai Nikki was going to progress must have made for confusing reading.
I imagine at this point each entry only has "****!" in increasingly more manic sizes and sketchiness

Funimation have just revealed that they have the next 57 episodes of One Piece (DVD and blu-ray). It is a good day. I assume we won't see them until March at the earliest, but that's better than the previous 'never'.

R

To be honest if Manga get Funi to region lock something without being able to provide a local equivalent, their existence really isn't helping us as customers at all. I'd rather they directed their efforts somewhere more worthwhile and brought us nice things.

Though I have no personal interest in FT and only buy Region A >_>

R

Ryo Chan said:
this will cheer up manga, Fairy Tails Blurays will be AB so they will run on region 2 bluray players
I always expected they will; was just waiting on confirmation before I ordered (although I'll prolly get a multi-region player when I have spare money anyways). Source?

ConanThe3rd said:
Well, untill Manga bollocks it up and it gets A'd like FMA:B.
Why did Manga UK do that again anyways? To stop people getting the blu-rays from America because they cancelled?

EDIT: Seen the source. Very happy.

I suppose it could have been the Australian side which asked for the region locking to start (or even the Japanese side if one of the region B companies moaned to them..?). I just see the whole regioning issue as stupid, anti-consumer and ultimately pointless, since it's not exactly hard to get around it if you want to.

R

Back