The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Funimation has grabbed the US rights to Hellsing Ultimate at last, rescuing it from limbo so people can continue collecting it. I imagine this will be a guaranteed pick up by Manga UK now the rest will be dubbed.

R

Rui said:
Funimation has grabbed the US rights to Hellsing Ultimate at last, rescuing it from limbo so people can continue collecting it. I imagine this will be a guaranteed pick up by Manga UK now the rest will be dubbed.

R

Good news for Hellsing fans, but frankly after episode 2 it just went downhill for me. I mean 3 and 4 had great set pieces but once it got into the whole nazi thing it just started to bore me. Nazis are SO passé :p

And now NISA have announced they have the follow up to Arakawa Under The Bridge, with a combo pack coming to the US in February. My wallet is open and ready.

R

Rui said:
Funimation has grabbed the US rights to Hellsing Ultimate at last, rescuing it from limbo so people can continue collecting it.
They already had the first seven, but the license been lost in Namek for the least year due to the ambiguous Geneon universal moritorium.

I imagine this will be a guaranteed pick up by Manga UK now the rest will be dubbed.
Manga already announced they had at least some of the unreleased episodes ages ago.

Ah, here it is (from last June):

@MangaUK Any plans for Hellsing Ultimate vol 1-4 Box set and do you know what is the hold up for the vol.5 onwards to be licensed USA?

@Neferpitou Not allowerd to do a box set! 5 and 6 should be out in UK next year. On-going saga.

@MangaUK You don't have to say who, but does this mean someone in the US is dubbing Hellsing Ultimate?

@shiroihane Honestly! I am not sure if it's even been licensed yet.

@MangaUK Are you releasing it sub-only, is it that a dub for 5+6 already exist or have you just been made aware that one is coming somehow?

@shiroihane considering Vol.1-4 is one of the best dubs around, there's no way we'll go sub only on #Hellsing.

Thread starts here: http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/16005840940

Thanks, I can't cope keeping track of things on Twitter at all (and I've yet to see any Hellsing Ultimate at all) ;_;

R

I hope Funimation continue from where Geneon left off and release Steelbook versions of Hellsing Utimate 5 onwards. Won't somebody think of the packaging consistency!? Blu-ray would be nice as well.

Oh, and good news about series 2 of Arakawa. Now, if only NISA would do a regular edition of season 1 so I don't have to buy any more of those horrendously sized boxes ;_;

Latest chapter of Fairy Tail has announced a movie set for 18/8/12, more info next week but the image looks like it may not be part of the manga world

Ryo Chan said:
Latest chapter of Fairy Tail has announced a movie set for 18/8/12, more info next week but the image looks like it may not be part of the manga world
Wasn't a movie announced a while ago? At least we have a date though.

I'm still predicting "Team Natsu have to go off on a mission to protect VIP, who is under threat from a group of forgettable bad guys trying to use the VIP to somehow take over the world."

Y'know, like most recent shonen movies.

I WAS going to say that "oh well, maybe there just weren't any quite good enough this year" but **** THAT! They seriously put forward Alvin and the Chipmunks? SERIOUSLY? Jeez... well it won't get into the final nominations but still...

Hatsune Miku "live" Concert at the Apollo Back To

It appears the Apollo had the wrong info and has corrected their booking site back to the Tuesday 29th. November. I'm getting dizzy with all this. :roll:

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I WAS going to say that "oh well, maybe there just weren't any quite good enough this year" but **** THAT! They seriously put forward Alvin and the Chipmunks? SERIOUSLY? Jeez... well it won't get into the final nominations but still...
Wait, what? Alvin and the Chipmunks being anywhere but the bargain bin at Tesco?

Joshawott said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Wait, what? Alvin and the Chipmunks being anywhere but the bargain bin at Tesco?

Since when is Alvin and the Chipmunks a bargain at any price? Won't argue with it being in the bin though.

Back