The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

My Anime On Demand season pass expires next week. So far, it doesn't look like I'll be reviewing. Too many announced stuff has yet to actually appear.

Joshawott said:
My Anime On Demand season pass expires next week. So far, it doesn't look like I'll be reviewing. Too many announced stuff has yet to actually appear.
I would bet you anything it's all the Japanese side arsing off and forgetting the US is not the world.
Certainly freaking well feels like it 99% of the damn time.

But that's fine, that's why the likes of those fansub groups are around.
I don't advocate piracy, but I do advocate turnabout.

All I'm going saying on this is there better be a Frenchman on the dole que for this.

Mm, I would think that "people who really love Clannad but never bought it before or only imported the DVDs or JP blu-rays and want a region locked UK blu-ray version too" is a demographic which is not financially viable to release for in the current climate ^^;

In other news, Japanese pricing has finally started appearing for Fate/Zero's first cour box on blu-ray and I'm hoping Aniplex announces a US 'import' version soon (with reduced price and enhanced customs dodging), or I might break and just order it due to excitement. Only a few more hours until the next dose...

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
Hah, a couple of weeks back I said I wouldn't be surprised if Manga licensed Clannad. I would however be very surprised if they put out a 50-ish episode series on Blu-ray.
Now just add "I wouldn't be surprised if Manga gave Blu-Rays to everyone for free"

Go on, say it, then it'll happen.

Rui said:
In other news, Japanese pricing has finally started appearing for Fate/Zero's first cour box on blu-ray and I'm hoping Aniplex announces a US 'import' version soon (with reduced price and enhanced customs dodging), or I might break and just order it due to excitement. Only a few more hours until the next dose...

R
I still can't decide if this being a first-run box set actually makes that particularly likely, or way less likely than before since there has been no previous release.

Either way, I struggle to see too many people dropping £300 on a 13 ep series. It's just not quite the same as the KnK release, for example.

Once again like with angel beats manga has taken too long to annouce this and once again i have already brought both seasons and i won't be buying the uk version sorry :D

So weird (as discussed in another thread recently, or maybe chat) that Sentai can still be in "license any old crap" mode, in this day and age. Did they not see what happened to totally-unrelated-company ADV in the previous decade?

ilmaestro said:
So weird (as discussed in another thread recently, or maybe chat) that Sentai can still be in "license any old crap" mode, in this day and age. Did they not see what happened to totally-unrelated-company ADV in the previous decade?
They're Zombies, they don't care for economy.

So long as their bizarre licensing keeps paying for the occasional actually-good series then I don't mind, though it does bewilder me how they can be making any money. Do soulless bishoujo series really sell enough over there to even cover the mastering cost?

R

Back