The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Oldmario

Thousand Master
We Never Learn anime Blu-ray sets
fetchimage

via Germany:

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
on a sadder note RIP Shichiro Kobayashi at age 89
He was art director on a ton of anime classics including Castle of Cagliostro, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Berserk, Angel's Egg, Nodame Cantabile, Touch etc etc
just look at this list of credits, there's bound to be a few that you love

That is sad, his style was very distinctive and I loved it (also literally all those anime you listed are ones I absolutely adore) :( <3

Anime1977

Hunter
on a sadder note RIP Shichiro Kobayashi at age 89
He was art director on a ton of anime classics including Castle of Cagliostro, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Berserk, Angel's Egg, Nodame Cantabile, Touch etc etc
just look at this list of credits, there's bound to be a few that you love
I never seen Angel's Egg but it did get blue ray release but there no subtitles I'm still thinking of importing but I'm not sure.

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Seriously?! How bad does a straight romcom need to be to not get a second season? Meanwhile the yuri drought continues.

Unfortunately the manga sells like hot cakes and is extremely popular for the magazine, so just like Rent-A-Girlfriend it was fairly predictable.

I enjoyed the first season, as terrible as it was, so won’t mind watching another.

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Gonna throw this in here for lack of finding a better place for it - I randomly stumbled onto this YouTube PV video which is something that would probably be of major interest for any of you mecha fans - this is a 16 minute video created in 2021 at CG professional training college HAL Nagoya, as a 4th year student project. Definitely a good watch - there is a post-credits scene, and English CC subtitles are available in Settings:

Hate no Issen: Dawn of the Eclipse EPISODE ZERO - indie mecha anime

Official Website - hatenoissen.com

Last edited: