The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

A new BBC article about anime's rising popularity, which if anything brings up more questions than answers. Questions like: "How come you didn't bother to plug the fact that Pokemon's on iPlayer? You missed an open goal there."

I'm new and made a thread for this but noticed all the treads were for articles so I assumed I shouldn't have made a thread but I'll paste what I said here.

Just created this account because I noticed no one was talking about this but as of the spring season all new anime won't be available to watch for free with ad's a week later on crunchyroll

www.animenewsnetwork.com

Crunchyroll to Halt Ad-Supported Streaming Starting With Spring 2022 Season

3 episodes of select titles to be available for ad-supported viewing for 1 week after premiere until May 31
www.animenewsnetwork.com

As I'm subscribed this won't affect me but it's not a move I like, you get into anime in your teenage years when you can't subscribe to things and this was a good way of stopping piracy now that's going to change. I understand it may be more profitable but still not great. I hope this turns out not profitable and they go back or do what shonen jump do and have new episodes available for free for 3 weeks I thought that would be better but time will tell

Attack on Titan: The Final Season: Final Part will air in 2023, which will cover the remaining 9 chapters/2 vols of content.

i guess i got my wish of it not being finished with a movie lol, atleast i read pretty much from end of season 3 to the final chapter so i don't have to spend another 16 months worrying about spoilers

Quick headsup for those of you who enjoyed the Gunbuster watch some time ago.

They've finally got around to re-printing one of the better artbooks for both it and Diebuster (it's good too, I'll fight you!).

It's out later this month, Amazon link here, but it's listed with all the usual suspects so shop around!

(Note: Book does contain some nudity!)

Quick headsup for those of you who enjoyed the Gunbuster watch some time ago.

They've finally got around to re-printing one of the better artbooks for both it and Diebuster (it's good too, I'll fight you!).

It's out later this month, Amazon link here, but it's listed with all the usual suspects so shop around!

(Note: Book does contain some nudity!)

I loved both Gunbuster and Diebuster :)

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction anime announcement
love this manga so hope they do it justice!
Tentatively excited about this and after catching up on Asano's brilliance by @setokaiba's intro to Goodnight Punpun, I did feel that Dead Dead Demon would probably be his most accessible work to make into an anime. But then again look at how well Shaft did with Monogatari and I can totally see Nijigahara Holograph being brilliant if made in the vein of Lain or Boogiepop phantom. So I too am really hoping they do this anime adaptation justice. Now to see if we get the Western release of the remaining manga before this anime adaptation.

Last edited:
Back