The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Not sure how many of you import from Japan, but I do quite a bit every month and so this pretty big news for me. EMS and Air mail from Japan has been suspended to most countries including UK due to the situation in Ukraine. Therefore we are left with just super slow surface mail or paying a fortune for the likes of DHL.

Hence forth either going to take months for any parcels to arrive or pay way too much for the likes of DHL to deliver from Japan.

Not sure how many of you import from Japan, but I do quite a bit every month and so this pretty big news for me. EMS and Air mail from Japan has been suspended to most countries including UK due to the situation in Ukraine. Therefore we are left with just super slow surface mail or paying a fortune for the likes of DHL.

Hence forth either going to take months for any parcels to arrive or pay way too much for the likes of DHL to deliver from Japan.
While I can't see specific mention of this on their site, I'm not sure if surface mail is insured, so it could be both slow and risky for expensive items.

I'm glad I received my last big order of 28 anime posters from Japan via EMS just yesterday; I specifically bit the bullet and ordered most everything I could in that last order because I was worried about the goings-on over there in the Ukraine affecting international shipping from that part of the world, and I guess I was right. 😮‍💨

Most of the anime Blu-rays I import from Japan are through Amazon JP, and they use DHL by default, but I'm sure the cost will only go up. I also just received two lenticular steelbooks from Korea as well this past week, so fortunately they made it to me without issue. I do have one Blu-ray on pre-order from Hong Kong, and I was told that one will end up shipping surface because of the current Air Mail ban there, so I may get to see that one arrive by Christmas...

Last edited:
I'm glad I already received my last big order of 28 anime posters from Japan, I specifically bit the bullet and ordered most everything I could in that last order because I was worried about the goings-on over there in the Ukraine affecting international shipping from that part of the world, and I guess I was right. Most of the anime Blu-rays I import from Japan are through Amazon JP, and they use DHL by default. I also just received two lenticular steelbooks from Korea as well this past week, so fortunately they made it without issue. I do have one Blu-ray on pre-order from Hong Kong, and I believe that one is shipping surface because of the Air Mail ban there, so I may get to see that one by Christmas...
would it really matter for americans? i would've thought they'd just go right over the sea instead of left over all the lands to land in europe

Back