The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

They closed the one in Southampton which was quite large (3 floors) and on the pedestrianised High Street rather than in a shopping centre (the big shopping centre is actually just over the road, it's very centralised).
So in Hampshire the biggest City doesn't have one, so there's now Portsmouth, Winchester and Basingstoke and all in shopping centres, although due to the size of Winchester it's not a big one.

The one in Cambridge went and that was pretty big iirc. The main one I use is Oxford Street alongside the Fopp in Covent Garden so I hope those remain.

will PureHMV get restated? (I still have points
aqua-laughing.gif

ahem
this is why I never go for points cards when it comes to brick & mortar, you never know when they'll change the scheme or if the shop will be there next week

I once had an elite points card for gamestation, I was collecting points on it and all gamestation stores closed before I could buy any games with it

The full list of HMV branches to shut has been revealed.

Ayr
Bath
Bluewater
Bristol, Cribbs
Chichester
Exeter, Princesshay
Fopp, Bristol
Fopp, Glasgow Byres
Fopp, Manchester
Fopp, Oxford
Glasgow, Braehead
Guernsey
Hereford
Manchester, Trafford
Merry Hill
Oxford Street
Peterborough, Queensgate
Plymouth, Drake Circus
Reading
Sheffield, Meadowhall
Southport
Thurrock
Tunbridge
Uxbridge
Watford
Westfield
Wimbledon

Oxford Street heads list of HMV closures

Well that sucks. Looks like Fopp Covent Garden will be my go to now then. It’ll probably save them a lot in rent but it’ll be sad to see it go.

Fopp Covent Garden is rather cosy so I’m glad it’s survived the cull. I usually go there and to Forbidden Planet too since it’s just down the road.

Back