The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

View attachment 3103
And likewise this is easily my most anticipated Blu Ray release, probably ever tbh
That's odd, just visited it on mobile and again it's still there for me :/ what's also a bit odd is I actually get a preview of the tweet on here when using mobile but don't when on my PC. Quirks of the software I guess.

Scratch that, was the Firefox tracking protection that was blocking it, almost sure I white listed this site.

That's odd, just visited it on mobile and again it's still there for me :/ what's also a bit odd is I actually get a preview of the tweet on here when using mobile but don't when on my PC. Quirks of the software I guess.

Scratch that, was the Firefox tracking protection that was blocking it, almost sure I white listed this site.
Well in any case I'll be placing my pre-order when it goes live, gives me time to sell my DVD sets.

I still haven't got round to trying the Ghost in the Shell series out yet. How many episodes would you recommend I try before deciding if I want to order it?

I still haven't got round to trying the Ghost in the Shell series out yet. How many episodes would you recommend I try before deciding if I want to order it?
Hmm that's difficult to say. This is because the series is made up of Stand Alone stories and several that make up a bigger plot. I'd say watch a few stand alone episodes and then maybe the first three or so of The Laughing Man or Individual Eleven focused episodes to get a feel for the series. The episodes are consistently good across the two seasons so hopefully you'll guage whether you'd like it or not.

Have you seen the original movie? I personally think the series is better and I LOVE the movie!
I have seen the movie and I did enjoy. I've got the series on DVD but I read somewhere that the dvd had a few errors on them, I was thinking about picking the US DVDs before sitting down to watch it properly but never got around to importing them.

Have you seen the original movie? I personally think the series is better and I LOVE the movie!
The series fixes the main issue I had with the movie, and that's developing the rest of the Section 9 members. They're all nicely fleshed out in SAC. It's something I wish the Live Action film had done really.

I have seen the movie and I did enjoy. I've got the series on DVD but I read somewhere that the dvd had a few errors on them, I was thinking about picking the US DVDs before sitting down to watch it properly but never got around to importing them.
The manga dvds are shite, takes ages to get to the menus, I'll be glad to see the back of them.

Back