The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I keep thinking they died as well, although I always get them mixed up with Artmic...
In a just world, we'd be celebrating Artmic's 40th anniversary instead.

Also: G@ll Force. You just know they're thinking about it >.>
Hey, you never know. Perhaps this new GSC will usher in a second golden era of Sonoda character design and the 2020s will pick up where the 1980s ended. I can only hope.

In a just world, we'd be celebrating Artmic's 40th anniversary instead.

Hey, you never know. Perhaps this new GSC will usher in a second golden era of Sonoda character design and the 2020s will pick up where the 1980s ended. I can only hope.
But would the 20’s be of the same quality as the 80’s or would they become some twisted version that’s reminiscent but inferior?

A little bit surprised as a backer for all of AnimEigo's former Kickstarters I had no e-mail about this. I got one when the preview went up.

Ah well, Premium I guess, there'll be no affording drawings by Mr. Sonoda for me this time either ;_;

I received an email right at the starting bell at 5PM EDT, although I was busy doing other things so I pledged about 20 minutes ago. I just went with the Premium level for now too, not really interested in any goodies, but I may up my pledge to the Patron or Prominent Patron level before the pledge period is over. Out of the four anime Kickstarters Robert has done, this is the anime I'm the most interested in getting...

Last edited:
Some yaoi manga is being made into anime’s.

First is Dakaretai Otoko Ichii ni Odosarete Imasu is being made into an anime series for fall 2018.

TVアニメ「抱かれたい男1位に脅されています」公式サイト (official site)

Can’t wait as I loved the manga.

Second is Yarichin Bitch Bu

アニメ『ヤリチン☆ビッチ部』公式サイト (official site)

Nice to see something by Oguretsu Tanaka getting some anime treatment. Would have liked it to have been Escape Journey though.

Last edited:
Yaoi manga Dakaretai Otoko Ichii ni Odosarete Imasu is being made into an anime series for fall 2018.

TVアニメ「抱かれたい男1位に脅されています」公式サイト (official site)

Can’t wait as I loved the manga.

Me too - although I'll be fascinated to see how they animate this!? (Still wishing that BL mangaka like Shoko Hidaka, Kii Kanna and ZAKK could have their work adapted into anime, as characterization and plot are such an essential part of their manga.)

Me too - although I'll be fascinated to see how they animate this!? (Still wishing that BL mangaka like Shoko Hidaka, Kii Kanna and ZAKK could have their work adapted into anime, as characterization and plot are such an essential part of their manga.)
I would love to see something by Scarlet Beriko animated. But yeah I’d like a BL by Shoko Hidaka animated as well..love her characters.

Backed the Gunsmith Cats Kickstarter on the Premium level. I was tempted by the larger artbook, but the shipping cost was much higher than I expected, so hey ho.

And for goodness sake, let AD Police Files be next.

I would love to see something by Scarlet Beriko animated. But yeah I’d like a BL by Shoko Hidaka animated as well..love her characters.

I agree with you on Scarlet Beriko too! (Not sure I want to try the recent live action film of Hana wa Saku Ka when it's released on DVD as so many of the live action versions of manga seem to lose the unique flavour of each mangaka's style of storytelling and drawing facial expressions.)

I will be ordering GITS it pronto as I expect it will sell out. It may get a few orders from the US fan base as well. I wonder how many copies will be printed.

I do wonder if the success or failure (unlikely) of this product will finally convince Manga that people are willing to pay more money for a superior collector's edition?

lol unlikely :p

Back