The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Smeelia said:
Separately or one big box with all of them? I think I'd prefer one box if it was possible but I guess that's a fair bit of content.

I'd probably pair the Genius Party films together and release the other two separately. I don't see much in common between Mind Game and Princess Arete other than studio. I'd buy them either way though!

BBFC Ratings:

A Certain Magical Index: Season One Collection
- Episode 01: 12 - moderate bloodshed

The Comic Artists & His Assistants: Complete Collection
- Episode 01: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 02: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 03: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 04: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 05: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 06: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 07: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 08: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 09: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 10: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 11: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 12: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 13: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 14: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 15: 12 - moderate sex references
- Episode 16: U - no material likely to offend or harm
- Episode 17: 15 - strong sex references
- Episode 18: 15 - strong sex references

IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
The Comic Artists & His Assistants: Complete Collection
- Episode 16: U - no material likely to offend or harm

That seems incredibly out of place.
I was just about to say that :p I haven't seen the series yet but that sounds like a boring episode hahaha

NormanicGrav said:
The writer of Mardock Scramble and Ghost in the Shell ARISE Tow Ubukata has been arrested over domestic charges against his wife.

Source

Wow the ANN forum posts on this are depressing.

He's accused of hitting his wife and all people give a **** about is Fafner. Classy...

Buzz201 said:
Wow the ANN forum posts on this are depressing.

He's accused of hitting his wife and all people give a **** about is Fafner. Classy...
I can't tell if you have the wrong quote or if I'm missing something (hopefully it's not that you really hate Nichijou, that would be sad).

Kind of a shame that the Nichijou manga is ending but to be fair I didn't know it was still going. On the plus side, at least it won't be so expensive to just pick up 10 volumes (I hope the bonus stuff also gets a release, I'm still hoping we get the Azumanga Daioh extras some day).

I guess it's unlikely we'll get another anime season but I'd be happy enough just getting a Blu-ray release.

Smeelia said:
I can't tell if you have the wrong quote or if I'm missing something (hopefully it's not that you really hate Nichijou, that would be sad).

Kind of a shame that the Nichijou manga is ending but to be fair I didn't know it was still going. On the plus side, at least it won't be so expensive to just pick up 10 volumes (I hope the bonus stuff also gets a release, I'm still hoping we get the Azumanga Daioh extras some day).

I guess it's unlikely we'll get another anime season but I'd be happy enough just getting a Blu-ray release.

Sorry about that, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the one below it, about Tow Ubukata being arrested:
NormanicGrav said:
The writer of Mardock Scramble and Ghost in the Shell ARISE Tow Ubukata has been arrested over domestic charges against his wife.

Source

The ending to PriPara has been edited slightly due to complaints from the BPO. One part, which was an iconic reference to Marilyn Monroe, has been replaced with a much friendlier version.

Source

NormanicGrav said:

Source
Given the sort of ******** that was in Mardoc Scramble I have to admit that this doesn't come as a shock if true.

A trailer for the Ore Monogatari! (My Love Story!) live-action film has been revealed:

Main cast includes:
- Ryohei Suzuki (Gatchaman) as Takeo Gōda
- Mei Nagano (Rurouni Kenshin) as Rinko Yamato
- Kentarō Sakaguchi (Umimachi Diary) as Makoto Sunakawa
- Yasufumi Terawaki (Boogiepop and Others) and Yutaka Gōda (Takeo's father)
- Sawa Suzuki (Aibō) as Yuriko Gōda (Takeo's mother)

Last edited by a moderator:
The My Love Story/Ore Monogatari anime uses the medium a lot for what it does so it's interesting to see an attempt to translate it into live-action. It does look like they've made some effort with camera angles and other effects. I can't imagine it coming close to the anime, although that'd be a pretty high standard to aim for anyway.

Back