The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

mangaman74 said:
ayase said:
::strokes original Beez/Bandai Freedom BD set::

Hanners said:
Still, it could be worse - they could have forgotten to put any subtitles on a release...
That is horrendous. And those are the people who are supposed to be bringing us 999 TV? Well, my enthusiasm for that release can be considered successfully converted into apprehension.

Glad I also got the Bandai release of Freedom blu-ray and I now have doubts about getting the 999 TV series after Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo.
I,m not the biggest fan of bobobo-bo-bo-bobo but i was planning on buying it in the coming months but the no subs thing is disgraceful and its now off my list of future titles to buy and if s,more screw up Galaxy Express 999 they,re gong to have a war on there hands,i wait with baited breath but things are not looking good.

Rui said:
Edit: And it's now been confirmed that the lack of subtitles is intentional (the packaging which mentions them was mistaken).
...along with the listing on S'more's own website. If it was a screw up and there were meant to be subtitles (which is certainly what it looks like to me) then they should admit it and apologise.

If it isn't and they fully intended to release it this way then at best they have kept that very quiet - so quiet as to never mention it before. At worst they have misled people. At very worst, intentionally misled people.

Offering our apoplogies....there was no intent to mis-lead the fans. There was a mis-communication internally and even though at least 10 people proofed the packaging, the fact the packaging incorrectly said 'sub-titled' was missed by everyone, incluiding byTOEI. As best as I understand, the series was only available in Japanese language or dubbed into English, it was never sub-titled. Galaxy Express 999 will only be available in Japense or sub-titlerd as they never did an English language version (according to TOEI)
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 1591940030

Seems these checks need improving, clearly with all the mess ups as of late.

Yeah I read that. Seems like a rather hasty bit of ****-covering to me. The only way you could get that so wrong accidentally is if you're completely incompetent. Either way it isn't good.

I'm not sure I want GE 999 in "Japense or sub-titlerd". Now I'm just waiting for them to clarify that they actually mean you can either watch it with Japanese audio, or with English subtitles and no audio (or no picture).

Sick, I might purchase Booooooooooobobobobobobobobobobo now.

ayase said:
Biased journalists on the whole tend to believe they're trying to make society better (in their eyes) by bringing things to public attention they see as being wrong.
Agree that we were going off topic a bit, but I can't help but comment that I think this is the legitimate aim of journalism in a lot of cases!

Rui said:
It would be interesting to know for science whether it was Manga or Madman who failed to bother even checking their own release once through at all before pressing a batch of expensive glitched discs.

My Bobobo just arrived. I'm not going to send it back though; £20 for 38 episodes was a steal even if they are probably mediocre quality and unsubtitled. Never thought I'd get to watch the anime version!

R

Edit: And it's now been confirmed that the lack of subtitles is intentional (the packaging which mentions them was mistaken).
This where Quality Control is important to avoid these embarrasing and expensive moments. One has to QC the master firstly, that is just common sense, ( sometimes rarer than blue diamonds), but they don't have to QC every finished disc, just samples of a batch this big.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
...But Still Complainers gonna Complain!
They're gonna start complaining about your overuse of this catchphrase soon. You're laid back about stuff some people aren't. We get it.

ayase said:
MrLaserSharkKH said:
They're gonna start complaining about your overuse of this catchphrase soon. You're laid back about stuff some people aren't. We get it.

Yeah I do agree, I may have used that one a Whole Twice Around Here and I should probably think about not saying it, but there is some matter of truth within that regards, as someone will probably come along in a minute and say something Negative, which is unfortunately the way things seem to have gone.

For once though, this was Actually scheduled for May 28th in the first place and was actually moved forward and then pushed back to it's original slot, so it would be kind of pointless to say anything really.

Anyway sorry to everyone for looking at the glass "Half-Full" rather than "Half Empty", have to remember to be more Negative next time, looking towards the positives (That I Mentioned) is a bad thing it seems! (Definitely having one of those days)

ilmaestro said:
Sick, I might purchase Booooooooooobobobobobobobobobobo now.

Yeah, cool right, it will be just like the Good Ol' days, I Miss those days!

I think we're just all so used to disappointment after disappointment that as soon as a delay crops up most of us expect the worst. I imagine that the Bleach movies sell extremely well though, so they shouldn't be at risk of cancellation.

It helps that I wasn't going to buy them anyway, so being positive is easy this time!

R

VoxPhantom said:
3 week delay doesn't seem that bad to me

Definitely, it's almost like it never even moved at all.

I think I need to sort an eBay listing soon possibly for a couple DVDs!

Just thought, that week will probably be a busy one for DVDs!

MrLaserSharkKH said:
ayase said:
MrLaserSharkKH said:
Yeah I do agree, I may have used that one a Whole Twice Around Here and I should probably think about not saying it, but there is some matter of truth within that regards, as someone will probably come along in a minute and say something Negative, which is unfortunately the way things seem to have gone.

For once though, this was Actually scheduled for May 28th in the first place and was actually moved forward and then pushed back to it's original slot, so it would be kind of pointless to say anything really.

Anyway sorry to everyone for looking at the glass "Half-Full" rather than "Half Empty", have to remember to be more Negative next time, looking towards the positives (That I Mentioned) is a bad thing it seems! (Definitely having one of those days)
Without wishing to seem overly pedantic, you've used it at least three times. Nothing wrong with having a positive attitude, but using that particular expression to denote your positive attitude is basically shouting "Other people are going to complain about this, but I'm not!". Well good for you, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to keep pointing that out.

Someone get me the address of Inu x Boku SS' author, as I have some venting to do about Miketsukami.

Oh wait, I have a brain. Hating a character is perfectly fine. Telling the author that you do not like the character, if put across politely, is perfectly fine too. Threatening to find out where the author lives and kill him because you don't like the character? That's not fine.

VoxPhantom said:
The author should send him a few volumes of that Kuroneko spinoff manga. :lol:
Make him read it Clockwork Orange style, so once he's done his punishment, he'll end up loving Kuroneko?

Back