The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Lutga said:
So, there are some rumblings about the EU pushing for a 'single digital market' > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32 ... um=twitter

Would be interesting to see, if this goes ahead, how it would potentially impact on anime licensing? Would this ease the disparity between what gets released in France and the UK for example, if one company just has to pick up the rights for 'the EU as a whole'?

I think this is one of those situations where Kaze have an advantage; everyone else in the industry is most likely would have to start making deals with continental European Anime licensing companies in both the digital and physical sectors while Kaze can just do whatever.

Then again, this will all come to naught for us Brits.

This is along the lines of what I have been pushing as the best solution for years, so I can only assume that sensible companies would have plans in place for if it eventually came to pass.

Either Manga/KAZE or Animatsu have Noragami as it's popped up on their listings as a BD & DVD release on Amazon, also features release dates of some previously announced titles : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_dat ... -desc-rank

Sadly, the listings don't contain the last two parts of Hellsing Ultimate or The Anime that may never be released in the UK ..Future Diary ..(it was announced as licensed almost 3 years ago, how long do licenses last?)

Dannielle said:
Either Manga/KAZE or Animatsu have Noragami as it's popped up on their listings as a BD & DVD release on Amazon, also features release dates of some previously announced titles : http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_dat ... -desc-rank

Sadly, the listings don't contain the last two parts of Hellsing Ultimate or The Anime that may never be released in the UK ..Future Diary ..(it was announced as licensed almost 3 years ago, how long do licenses last?)

Hmm.. interesting. Noragami might actually be a Manga UK title, I don't see a listing from Kaze's website and the German release done by KSMFilm isn't due til October 2015.

Future Diary should at least get a Blu-ray release this August by Funimation, so Kaze's listing would appear sometime in Q4.

UPDATE: Noragami was added alongside numerous Funimation licensed titles on Animax so it's probably either Manga or Animatsu on this one.

Dannielle said:

Hmm... they still have Bleach Series 16 - Parts 1 and 2 with release dates, but no release date for Series 15 Part 2. I wonder if they'll just end up turning S15 P1 into "The Complete Series 15" instead. They did do this with Series 11, so... maybe that?

£30 for 6 episodes of Terraformers on Blu Ray and £25 for the DVD? Are they insane? No way in hell that's going to sell at that price. Good to see the Dragon Ball Z Kai Prices are reasonable at least, £30 for Season 1 on Blu Ray.

It's an interesting experiment. I personally think that the subject matter would make Terra Formars more suitable for a lower priced bundle release to attract comic and science fiction fans who don't necessarily buy all that much anime. The competitive price on the BD set compared to the other shows in the same batch makes it relatively attractive, and there's no reason a non-anime-buyer would know/care that other titles often have more episodes per volume.

I know it sounds daft but there's a sizeable market out there for lower price points even when the value is lower because there are fewer episodes on the discs. They're the same people who campaigned against complete collections back in the day because singles were cheaper. Even though they were not actually cheaper.

I suppose with the stream of Terra Formars having been so heavily censored, there the argument that the home video version is adding more value than usual (and including OAVs is certainly better than never acquiring them at all, as happens far too often). I still didn't like the show :/

R

Rui said:
I suppose with the stream of Terra Formars having been so heavily censored, there the argument that the home video version is adding more value than usual (and including OAVs is certainly better than never acquiring them at all, as happens far too often). I still didn't like the show :/

R

That would of been true, but Crunchyroll went back and uploaded uncensored videos shortly after each episode aired.

Oh, I thought that was just a temporary thing. I guess this is why Manga and co are so unfriendly towards people like Crunchyroll who get in the way of holding customers to ransom.

(That censoring really was dreadful.)

R

Rui said:
Oh, I thought that was just a temporary thing. I guess this is why Manga and co are so unfriendly towards people like Crunchyroll who get in the way of holding customers to ransom.

(That censoring really was dreadful.)

R
It was a temporary thing. Those uncensored episodes went up in batches and were only available for 48 hours.

GolGotha said:
I didn't notice any censoring in the latter airing episodes, so perhaps that's why they haven't been added to this lot?
The censoring for the later episodes wasn't as blatent. Instead of putting back boxes over half the screen they resorted to doing screen zooms instead.

Bah! My most anticipated title of June delayed! Yes is a busy month but now July is looking REALLY expensive with mvm LE of A Lull in The Sea and this now!

The Grisaia Trilogy (All Ages) Kickstarter will be closing on May 18th.

Originally supposed to end the backerkit last month, Sekai Project delayed it so that fans can get a glimpse of the final artwork for the Box.

78633fe3cafbbe76ec440bfc65053ec5_original.jpg
7f90496b0c580f6e7431a35b55249c68_original.jpg

The artwork for the first game has also been revealed:

1a4091cd561bfe8f54ddbae33faaccf7_original.jpg

The collector's box will be included to all physical copies of Grisaia, and will even have a slot for the Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiruchiru Michiru spin-off.

You can technically get the Eroge versions but only as digital copies.

This has been scheduled in then for a while, but nice to finally have confirmation.

Kind of feels a little pointless though - as most people that wanted it will have imported the BRs, and the two singles that make this up can probably be had cheaper on Amazon than buying this complete set.

Back