The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rui said:
Wandering Son is a good call from the people posting there. An understated but attractive LE (BD please) could be nice for it.

R
I was one of the people calling for it (I was the one who suggested a Kickstarter for it).

I absolutely loved the series as it aired and I don't think I've seen an anime since that has really captured the same tone.

In anime-related but gaming news, SAO's Hollow Fragment Vita release for NA & EU shows off some clothes:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

You expected Asuna to wear this. But it was me, Lisbeth!

Rui said:
Y'know, I'm quite surprised just how many people want Hyouka. Whilst I really liked it, I never actually watched past episode 6.
I'd personally love it to be licensed and dubbed at Bang Zoom - even though I know it'll never happen. Sentai will probably eventually get it and give it one of their usual poorly scipted, completely miscast, terribly acted dubs. I watched a bit of Mayo Chiki's dub out of interest recently and it's borderline Hentai dub quality.

Other than Hyouka the only other title's I can immediately think of are BD releases of Chuunibyou, the Index/Railgun franchise, and The Tatami Galaxy (which is never going to happen).

Also, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment's massive Japanese patch will be coming next month, for free.

As for price, it's $40 and 40 Euros so....£40? (I'm hoping for £30).

Mangaranga said:
Rui said:
Y'know, I'm quite surprised just how many people want Hyouka. Whilst I really liked it, I never actually watched past episode 6.
I'd personally love it to be licensed and dubbed at Bang Zoom - even though I know it'll never happen. Sentai will probably eventually get it and give it one of their usual poorly scipted, completely miscast, terribly acted dubs. I watched a bit of Mayo Chiki's dub out of interest recently and it's borderline Hentai dub quality.

Other than Hyouka the only other title's I can immediately think of are BD releases of Chuunibyou, the Index/Railgun franchise, and The Tatami Galaxy (which is never going to happen).
Damn it, I forgot to mention those ones on the list I made on AL's post. Though I felt I listed a few good titles for their catalog (including Hyouka).

As for Mayo Chiki, not surprised. At least it's now on Blu-ray.

Rui said:
Andrew is teasing people again:

https://www.facebook.com/alltheanime/po ... 3003288554

I can't comment on the Facebook post but I will nominate LotGH (in some kind of sexy sub-only deluxe BD box, though I hear the JP transfer was not great) as per tradition and, more seriously, Ixion Saga DT (with a cheaper release format) >_>

Is LotGH still licensed anywhere outside of Japan? I ask cause I really want to watch it, considering its high regard and classic status but it's so hard to find and when you do, its at insane prices so a massive kickstarter would be great if possible, get the US rights along with UK, Aus .. could work? Considering its length it'd be very expensive but I would say it'd be hugely successful .. that's me talking with rose colored glasses though 8)

britguy said:
I told him i want natsumes book of friends :)

Woo, me too!

Gatchaman Crowds Dub cast:

Director
Kyle Jones

English Dub Cast
Hajime Ichinose - Jessica Calvello
Sugane Tachibana - Corey Hartzog
Joe Hibiki - Ty Mahany
Utsu-tsu - Carli Mosier
PAI-MAN - Luci Christian
O.D. - Clint Bickham
Rui Ninomiya - Shannon Emerick
Berg Katze - David Wald
President X - Jenni Strader
J.J. Robinson - Leraldo Anzaldua

Well isn't this a bit of a slap in the face to Dragon Ball fans. The DVD and Collector's Edition Blu-ray for Battle of Gods include the additional extras, whereas the standard Blu-ray does not. It also can't be helped that they're pulling yet another Attack on Titan problem here - putting HD extras onto DVD.

Extras are:
The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled
Behind The Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors!
(not confirmed but probably expect maybe a trailer for Battle of Gods and Textless Ending if there is one)

Dannielle said:
Is LotGH still licensed anywhere outside of Japan? I ask cause I really want to watch it, considering its high regard and classic status but it's so hard to find and when you do, its at insane prices so a massive kickstarter would be great if possible, get the US rights along with UK, Aus .. could work? Considering its length it'd be very expensive but I would say it'd be hugely successful .. that's me talking with rose colored glasses though 8)

Assuming the license weren't prohibitively expensive, I could see LoGH being a reasonable candidate for Discotek's proposed model of SD content on BD disc (i.e. cut production costs by getting the whole thing onto a couple of BDs), but the general concept got a pretty mixed reception when they suggested it on their facebook page.

Frankly, when it comes to older, longer shows like this, I'd much rather see them available to stream than as a physical item. Good though LoGH may be, I can't see myself watching right through it more than once.

NormanicGrav said:
Well isn't this a bit of a slap in the face to Dragon Ball fans. The DVD and Collector's Edition Blu-ray for Battle of Gods include the additional extras, whereas the standard Blu-ray does not. It also can't be helped that they're pulling yet another Attack on Titan problem here - putting HD extras onto DVD.

Extras are:
(not confirmed but probably expect maybe a trailer for Battle of Gods and Textless Ending if there is one)

I assume this is just so that they can run the DVD extras as a larger batch thus saving some money. Of course if they just gave everyone the extras on one disk there'd be fewer variations overall.

Gotta give that supposed collectors edition value somehow though, right?

antonusklesk said:
NormanicGrav said:

Extras are:

I assume this is just so that they can run the DVD extras as a larger batch thus saving some money. Of course if they just gave everyone the extras on one disk there'd be fewer variations overall.

Gotta give that supposed collectors edition value somehow though, right?

I guess 4 art cards and an O-card weren't enough then. I actually think Blood-C's Collector's Set and Evangelion 2.22/Redline's Collector's Set were probably the best they could have in those type of sets. Blood C had 4 art cards and a poster while Eva 2.22 & Redline had a booklet (Akira, Ninja Scroll and the upcoming Ghost in the Shell HD release also do). They should have given ARISE the collector's treatment by including a sample of the booklets from the original Japanese volumes.

NormanicGrav said:

Extras are:

Anyone going to poke Manga to see if they come up with the "We thought Funimation was doing the same" excuse again...? :p

It's a shame that the Battle of Gods release will sell well no matter what they do (as will Attack on Titan, in spite of the pathetic lack of a legal stream). This kind of thing simply shouldn't be supported; they're deliberately screwing UK customers over to make their mediocre 'special editions' seem less weak.

On the bright side, the extras don't look all that great.

R

Back