The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

NormanicGrav said:
Possible sign that Cardcaptor Sakura may go to Anime Limited:
User 1 Cant believe the Cardcaptor Sakura boxset is region locked :( aswell as the Ranma 1/2 sets come on @MangaUK @AllTheAnime @MVM_UK get it done.

Manga UK ‏The Licensor isn't that keen on my offer for UK rights. It happens. >JM

All the Anime We'll take a look - one of those projects that would be 2015 for us though now!

User 2 As proven by NISA, a lot of people would pay for a pricey LE. Would love to see something like your GR LE.

All the Anime It's not impossible for sure - let me look into it.
Why don't we give the impossible/big titles to them (AL)? I still want to know if they can convince Geneon to get Index.

And Gurren Lagann will be delayed to the end of September, approval reasons:
@AllTheAnime is Gurren Laggan Ultimate BD still on track for a 1st Sept release, guys? Thanks

All the Anime Sadly going to slide to end of September, we'll update as soon as we're certain of date though. Approvals have been crazy. (AP)

I would LOVE for Anime Limited to get Cardcaptor Sakura, even though I just ordered the NIS America release. For the record I would happily throw in some extra money if they'll add:
- The 2 movies
- The Cardcaptor's dub, (I know, I know, it's cut and would require extra discs)
- Put the set in a digipak
- Replace that standard yellow logo.

Just for a sense of nostalgia and completion.

Joshawott said:
FUNimation have nabbed Haruhi (seems to be everything sans Disappearance), Lucky Star, the Steins;Gate movie and the Strike Witches movie. Also, home video rights for D-Frag, BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Freezing Vibration, Riddle Story Devil and Unbreakable Machine Doll.

Would be great if they released Haruhi on Blu ray. Still how long has it been since they announced having Bebop, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne, Big O and where are the releases for those.

Joshawott said:
FUNimation have nabbed Haruhi
Whilst It's nice to see Haruhi finally return to the west, I'm not sure how to feel about it going to Funimation. Then again, Sentai probably would be even worse, especially if more Haruhi is animated later on and it comes to dubbing.

I'm perfectly content with my JP BD Box though, so unless Funi re-release the Disappearence with readable subtitles I'll pass.

Funimation's details on Bebop have been revealed - ETA December:
Fans will have four options for purchase:
o DVD standard edition
o Blu-ray standard edition
o Amazon Exclusive BD/DVD Premium Edition
o FUNimation.com Exclusive BD/DVD Premium Edition

The two Premium Editions will each feature different packaging and premium items, but their precise details will be announced later.

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:
Just got back from holiday and catching up on things.

I adore Nisekoi and would definitely love to own the series on blu-ray, but as a sub-only release spread over four volumes with minimal extras? Considering the usual stuff Aniplex USA pump out, I'm admittedly disappointed by this. They're basically asking me to pay £8 per episode, with the only bonuses being things like postcards and posters? :/

I'll wait to see what Kazé or whoever in Australia has licensed it are putting out first.

In all fairness Aniplex are releasing the series 10 months after it aired in Japan, that's honesty too early for localisation (same goes for Kill la Kill). The minimum is usually about 15 months at least (that's how Haganai NEXT and Devil is a Part Timer was like).

I'm hoping Aniplex release a chipboard artbox with Volume 4, that would make up for the lack of content.

And welcome back by the way!
I would have liked to see something a bit extra though, such as each volume also including something like the CD singles of each of the series' four ending themes (which were performed by the seiyu of the four main girls).

It's fun going on ANN and seeing people talking about buying the UK releases of Aniplex shows, because they're so much cheaper.

And thanks - I spent a week in a family friend's trailer in the Norfolk Broads.

My thoughts on this.

I'm shocked. I did not see this coming at all but I'm glad Haruhi and Lucky Star are with Funimation than Sentai Filmworks though with the recent QCs going on in 2014 I hope they don't screw things up with this release. Also glad the OVAs and ONAs were included for both shows (Lucky Star OVA and Haruhi ONA shorts) as both were fun to watch. Blu-rays should be possible given the amount of time the BD Boxes have been around for. Question is whether the Lucky Star OVA would be dubbed (I've seen the series in Japanese with certain bits in English to see the comparison I thought it was good).

But what shocked me the most is that they actually licensed the Strike Witches film. Maybe the series sold good enough to actually get the rest of it (thank god).

Also happy with Steins;Gate: Deja vu, shouldn't be too long given the subtitles are already sorted thanks to the Film-BOX release last year.

UPDATE

Funimation also have the rights to Black Butler: Book of Murder (streaming + home rights), the upcoming OVA arc that's coming out this fall.

English Dub casts:

A Certain Magical Index II, Part 1

CHARACTER – ACTOR
ACQUA – Andrew T. Chandler
AMATA KIHARA – Marcus D. Stimac
BIAGIO BUSONI – Barry Yandell
POPE MATTHAI REESE – Bob Magruder
RITOKU KOMABA – Patrick Seitz
SHIAGE HAMAZURA – Clifford Chapin
TERRA – George Manley
VASILISA – Leah Clark
VENTO – Kara Edwards

Fairy Tail, Part 13

CHARACTER – ACTOR
STING – Michael Jones
ROGUE – Garret Storms
LECTOR – Marti Etheridge
FROSCH – Dawn M. Bennett

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE borders 1 & 2

CHARACTER – ACTOR
MOTOKO - Elizabeth Maxwell
ARAMAKI - John Swasey
KURUTSU - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
BATOU - Christopher R. Sabat
TSUMUGI - Eric Vale
TOGUSA - Alex Organ
PAZ - Jason Douglas
SADAMOTO - Bill Jenkins
RAIZO - David Wald
LOGICOMA - Jād Saxton
MAMURO - Brian Mathis
IBACHI - Chris Rager

ADR DIRECTOR - Zach Bolton

Joshawott said:
FUNimation have nabbed Haruhi (seems to be everything sans Disappearance), Lucky Star, the Steins;Gate movie and the Strike Witches movie. Also, home video rights for D-Frag, BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Freezing Vibration, Riddle Story Devil and Unbreakable Machine Doll.

Didn't expect Haruhi or Lucky Star but it makes sense to rescue them

Steins;Gate was a given and while I knew they wanted the Strike Witches movie, last I heard it was bogged down in licence issues, guess that's all sorted now.

NormanicGrav said:

CHARACTER – ACTOR
ARAMAKI - John Swasey
TSUMUGI - Eric Vale
TOGUSA - Alex Organ
PAZ - Jason Douglas
SADAMOTO - Bill Jenkins
RAIZO - David Wald
LOGICOMA - Jād Saxton
MAMURO - Brian Mathis
IBACHI - Chris Rager

I didn't doubt that this would have a completely new cast, but I'm still massively disappointed that none of the SAC cast have been recast in their respective roles, especially Richard Epcar as Batou and Crispin Freeman as Togusa. Those two are irreplaceable to me.
I also find it funny that they got Mary Elizabeth McGlynn back, but not as the Major this time. I suppose it makes sense, but still.

Lawrence said:
Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

this is mangas chance to do an anime limited style deluxe blu ray package ( if funi has the HD masters) of haruhi, with the 2 seasons, ona's and film.

Despite not having a panel at Otakon, Sentai Filmworks confirmed the following on Twitter (RED - Sentai titles):

- No Game, No Life will have an English dub.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Tamako Market Blu-ray releases are being aimed towards the first half of 2015.
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions is coming out in December.
- They working on big things for Super Sonico.
- No word on Beyond the Boundary release or Persona 4 Blu-ray Complete set.
- Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb is arriving 'sooner than you think'
- Outbreak Company is being aimed towards a January 2015 release.
- Qwazer of Stigmata Blu-ray is possible and may be down the pipeline.
- No plans on getting Kuroko no Basket.
- Some Sunrise titles have been entered into the production schedule.
- Dub for Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen was done in-house.
- World God Only Knows: Goddesses? "I can tell you we are on the hunt for it."
- Update on Big O - "Taking our time with this one. Office favorite, gotta treat it right."
- Dog & Scissors Blu-ray? "yes soon."

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:

CHARACTER – ACTOR
ARAMAKI - John Swasey
TSUMUGI - Eric Vale
TOGUSA - Alex Organ
PAZ - Jason Douglas
SADAMOTO - Bill Jenkins
RAIZO - David Wald
LOGICOMA - Jād Saxton
MAMURO - Brian Mathis
IBACHI - Chris Rager

I didn't doubt that this would have a completely new cast, but I'm still massively disappointed that none of the SAC cast have been recast in their respective roles, especially Richard Epcar as Batou and Crispin Freeman as Togusa. Those two are irreplaceable to me.
I also find it funny that they got Mary Elizabeth McGlynn back, but not as the Major this time. I suppose it makes sense, but still.
GitS was one of the few shows where I actually preferred the English dub and not only do they fail to get the cast back, but they do get Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and don't cast her as Motoko? Utterly f*cking useless. Glad I opted for the subbed iTunes version now.

Didn't Manga say they wanted Haruhi Season 1? Funi getting it might up the chances I presume? Blu Ray pls.

Steins;Gate movie is a definite UK release and I think Manga had interest in BlazBlue: Alter Memory, cool.

Riddle Story Devil..eh, didn't that get trashed by practically all who watched it? Don't see that exactly selling well.

Hope someone picks up D-Frag, No Game No Life, Outbreak Company, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU & Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions for the UK too.

windcott said:
this is mangas chance to do an anime limited style deluxe blu ray package ( if funi has the HD masters) of haruhi, with the 2 seasons, ona's and film.
Manga doesn't have rights to the first season. That also means that FUNimation can't have got UK rights to the second season or any of the chibi stuff so they probably don't have them for the first either.

Dannielle said:
Hope someone picks up D-Frag, No Game No Life, Outbreak Company, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU & Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions for the UK too.
Judging by it being on Animax FUNimation has the UK streaming rights for D-Frag so they probably have physical as well.
SNAFU and Chuunibyou were Kaze streams however, so it is less likely that Sentai has any UK rights to them (especially Chuunibyou since it is on iTunes in the US, but not the UK). Whether Kaze has any physical rights to them in the UK is impossible to tell since they've ceased talking to us. At this point we don't know if they're even going to release any non-ongoing titles that we do know they have the rights to, like Future Diary.

NormanicGrav said:
Despite not having a panel at Otakon, Sentai Filmworks confirmed the following on Twitter (RED - Sentai titles):

- No Game, No Life will have an English dub.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and Tamako Market Blu-ray releases are being aimed towards the first half of 2015.
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions is coming out in December.
- They working on big things for Super Sonico.
- No word on Beyond the Boundary release or Persona 4 Blu-ray Complete set.
- Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb is arriving 'sooner than you think'
- Outbreak Company is being aimed towards a January 2015 release.
- Qwazer of Stigmata Blu-ray is possible and may be down the pipeline.
- No plans on getting Kuroko no Basket.
- Some Sunrise titles have been entered into the production schedule.
- Dub for Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen was done in-house.
- World God Only Knows: Goddesses? "I can tell you we are on the hunt for it."
- Update on Big O - "Taking our time with this one. Office favorite, gotta treat it right."
- Dog & Scissors Blu-ray? "yes soon."

Hidamari Sketch seems to be taking forever so it's good to hear it's on its way at last
In house dub for Rozen Maiden? Do they have the capability for this? I know a lot of directors and such do minor roles, and people hop around from one role to another over the years but this sounds worrying.
TWOGK season 3, thought they'd given up on that, perhaps a sign they want the OVA's before any release?
Possible BD of Big O incoming?

Madman Announcements from SMASH 2014

One Piece Film: Z - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital release in November 2014.

Giovanni's Island - Release plans to be confirmed at a later date.
Also the confirmation we knew was coming is in the article. Hope AL will be OK with them letting the cat out of the bag early.
Anime Limited has also licensed the film but there is no further information.

Grave of the Fireflies - DVD and Blu-ray in November 2014.

SnowWolf said:
Hope AL will be OK with them letting the cat out of the bag early.
Anime Limited has also licensed the film but there is no further information.
AL should let one of theirs out in retaliation :twisted:
Also, I don't think there's anyone who didn't think Andrew had Giovanni's Island after all the ever so subtle hints.

Anime Limited having Giovanni's Island was so much of an open secret that even Andrew was talking about it a few weeks back though xD.

People, who are at Otakon, are saying Viz played a scene from the Sailor Moon redub where Umino said Ami's IQ was "over 9000!"

Ben Diskin (Umino's VA) even tweeted that he was surprised they used that take.

Back