The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

teonzo said:
Trailer for Nunnally in Wonderland:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t47cGl81mz4?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t47cGl81mz4?version=3&amp;hl=it_IT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Teo
Ya know, if it wasn't for the fact that Japan wants me to sell my lungs to get what will be a, probably, 30 minute OVA, I might actauly go for this.

ayase said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Reaper gI said:
ayase said:
I know it features a young girl and boy, but nothing I've read has led me to believe Fractale has any lolicon content. Though I haven't seen it, so I could be wrong.
No fractale is just ****. There's no content of any kind in the show, good or bad.
So you're saying you're all for unwilling Gynecology?
Oookaaay..."I don't like Fractale" equals "I like rape" now? Despite the fact that you don't seem to like it either?

In other, less incomprehensible news, it's a shame Miku is pay per view.
Oh that bit, show was so damn bland I'd switched off by then. The "meh, why should I care" was too strong.
That's the worst dramatic theme you could add, especially to something so trivial and mostly PG.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Lawsuit Settled Between 4Kids, ADK, TV Tokyo

American production company 4Kids Entertainment announced on Thursday that there is an amicable settlement of the lawsuit between 4Kids Entertainment and Asatsu-DK (ADK) and TV Tokyo over the license of the Yu-Gi-Oh! property. According to 4Kids, the licensing agreement between the three parties will continue to be "in full force and effect with 4Kids continuing to serve as the exclusive licensing agent for the merchandise licensing, television broadcast, and home video rights to the Yu-Gi-Oh! property throughout the world outside of Asia."

The lawsuit was filed by TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems last March, accusing the North American media distributor of "underpayments, wrongful deductions, and unmet obligations" and stating that 4Kids owed the companies US$4,792,460.36. Last December, a bankruptcy judge ordered that 4Kids' license of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series was still in effect, after earlier ordering a stay that barred ADK and TV Tokyo from selling the international license of the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal anime series to other companies.

DISCLAMER: The Comments on the article at ANN's forums will contain stupid.

theirsbailiff said:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Lawsuit Settled Between 4Kids, ADK, TV Tokyo

American production company 4Kids Entertainment announced on Thursday that there is an amicable settlement of the lawsuit between 4Kids Entertainment and Asatsu-DK (ADK) and TV Tokyo over the license of the Yu-Gi-Oh! property. According to 4Kids, the licensing agreement between the three parties will continue to be "in full force and effect with 4Kids continuing to serve as the exclusive licensing agent for the merchandise licensing, television broadcast, and home video rights to the Yu-Gi-Oh! property throughout the world outside of Asia."

The lawsuit was filed by TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems last March, accusing the North American media distributor of "underpayments, wrongful deductions, and unmet obligations" and stating that 4Kids owed the companies US$4,792,460.36. Last December, a bankruptcy judge ordered that 4Kids' license of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series was still in effect, after earlier ordering a stay that barred ADK and TV Tokyo from selling the international license of the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal anime series to other companies.

DISCLAMER: The Comments on the article at ANN's forums will contain stupid.
Just the comments, huh? The whole damn mess is stupid.

I had an entirely irrational conviction someone was going to pick it up so I never watched past episode one on CR. Hurrah! NISA can do no wrong with their choices of show...

R

Saw this on Chris Patton's facebook:

Good morning, all! I'm off to drop the BF off at work, grab a Red Bull and a protein bar, then over to the studio to record four hours of anime. Supposedly it's a very badass supernatural show... but I can't help thinking the title sounds... sort of... like the name of a Hawaiian village... ??? Have a great day!

What badass supernatural anime has a name sounding like a hawaiian village? Must be something he can't talk about yet which means it either hasn't been announced - or it has been announced but the dub cast hasn't. Anyways, anybody know what he could be talking about? I was trying to work it out but i'm just tired and confused :eek:

I was wondering about this idly in bed last night (how sad...) and thought it was unlikely he'd be dubbing anything secretly for Funimation, since they usually announce first and dub later. I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar with dub folks, but looking online could it be a Sentai job and a genuine nice surprise?

I'm also not familiar with what kind of Japanese words might sound like Hawaiian locations from the cultural perspective of a dub actor (especially given how interestingly some of them pronounce said Japanese words at times), and this might be biased by my distress since I imported it, but would Hakuouki fit the description? It ties in with the recent game release in the US, and has badasses and supernatural themes aplenty...

I'll keep trying to think of more.

R

When I googled him, he came up as being in TWOGK, and that wasn't too long ago.

It feels a little late for it to be Bantorra, though it could be the second part that he's in (or they could be running on very tight deadlines, which is entirely possible).

R

Back