The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

theirsbailiff said:
*Instantly remembers his GAF account hasn't been activated yet*

Dammit, I made an account in September and they still haven't activated it yet. How long does it take for them to activate it?

Can take up to 6months sometimes. Well worth it, GAF is probably the best games forum around.

Ath said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Persona 4 arena is not going to be released in Europe in 2012. This is as much news as I am physically fit. (Note: I am 20'5)
As I said on GAF, I'll hold back on ranting about region-locking. I am still trying to figure out what needs to be done for this mythical European build. Certification processes are different here I know, but Zen have already said that they're not even bothering to get different languages other than English so I'm really struggling to see what the hold up is. But hey, Atlus/Index protected their precious domestic money so it's all OK! :roll:
Well, they'll be laughing on the other side of their faces come [whenever] when everyone's home brewed their PS3 to get the game.

britguy said:
theirsbailiff said:

Dammit, I made an account in September and they still haven't activated it yet. How long does it take for them to activate it?

Can take up to 6months sometimes. Well worth it, GAF is probably the best games forum around.

As a goon who's gotten so much out of Something Awful. I will state the ten bucks that it cost to get in there was so worth it.

britguy said:
theirsbailiff said:

Boy I can't wait until March. /s

Invisible Crane said:
One thing I don't get is the UK misses quite a number of niche games, but I've never seen anyone make a big deal out of that, why is Persona 4 Arena so special?
Because it's the first PS3 game to ever be region-locked, thus it could set a very dangerous precedent for future games to be locked on PS3 to protect regional price disparities.

Hmmm, just noticed on Amazon that Freezing seems to have been delayed until April 1 2013. Maybe it's the same situation as Fractale and they're waiting on Australia so they can co-author discs?

Madman have licensed Sword Art Online, Magi, K, Blade of Tempest and Fate/Stay Night Ultimate Blade Works.

I guess the chances of MangaUK possibly getting SAO have increased.

More Australian acquisitions... from Supanova Brisbane

Hanabee...

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge : Season 2
Ef: A tale of melodies & BLURAY for both memories/melodies
Alien 9 - Hanabee's 1st resurrection title and available for the first time in Australia
BAKEMONOGATARI

Madman

K
HELLSING ULTIMATE – EPISODES V-VIII
MAGI: THE LABYRINTH OF MAGIC
BLAST OF TEMPEST
SWORD ART ONLINE
BLOOD C
K-ON! THE MOVIE
BLEACH THE MOVIE: HELL VERSE
FATE/STAY NIGHT – UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

I'm actually more excited about the AU announcements than the UK ones at Expo, especially some of those announced here already. If certain titles don't get Kaze'd releases down under, I'll be importing for sure.

Bakemonogatari! I'm not familiar with Australian releases....will this be a DVD version? and will it be cheaper than the USA special set? (if anyone knows yet of course! :p). I can't afford to pay anything too outlandish so a basic dvd set of that show will do me since I doubt it will ever be out here. It's too weird for England XD

(plus I haven't bought a multi region blu ray player yet. Sticking with PS3 for the moment.)

Madman have the K-ON movie? I guess that means Sentai most likely have it, but have yet to announce it then?

Will definitely pick up that when it's released.

Cathe said:
Bakemonogatari! I'm not familiar with Australian releases....will this be a DVD version? and will it be cheaper than the USA special set? (if anyone knows yet of course! :p). I can't afford to pay anything too outlandish so a basic dvd set of that show will do me since I doubt it will ever be out here. It's too weird for England XD

(plus I haven't bought a multi region blu ray player yet. Sticking with PS3 for the moment.)
I,m hoping the Australian release will be in my price range,i mean i could buy the blu-ray region 1 release but the price is a total joke and i,m not willing to pay that much for any series no matter how much i love it,but yeah a dvd only release at an affordable price would be excellent,fingers crossed.

mangaman74 said:
sub only releases
keepcalm1.jpg

Back