The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I would be surprised if we still have our points - then again, I would be surprised as well if they didn't try to bring buyers back by offering a discount or sorts.

Cloud Strife said:
Bit strange to find a £10 O2 Topup from somewhere in Slough when i live in Northampton!

Why is that strange when fraud is involved? A few years back I had a different cancelled due to fraud. There was a payment for several hundreds of pounds for a clothes shop in Liverpool. I live in Derby and have never been to Liverpool.

"Shakugan no Shana: The Movie" is out in North America on 4th December as a DVD/BD combi-pack, as is "Shakugan no Shana: OVA". The OVAs are listed as being four OVAs, so I imagine that's "Shakugan no Shana S" - odd to see that being released before season 2 (even if it is only by a week).

Source

EDIT: The French Kazé releases for "Tiger & Bunny" start on 3rd October. The series is being split up into 4 parts, with the first part containing the first 7 episodes spread across 3 discs. The French release doesn't have English subtitles before anyone thinks of importing, but it might give us some indication about how the series will be released here.

EDIT:
"Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse" is due out in America on 4th December.

A lot of releases due out on 4th December in this post xD.

Hmm, odd that someone has Durarara!!; presumably they think it's worth another spin over here now it's been dubbed. And perhaps on BD since it's already been created region free and they might be able to save on mastering..? If so, it has potential to be quite sexy.

I've already ordered the USA BD set anyway because I wasn't supposed to which therefore made it inexplicably seem more desirable. I wouldn't want to get the UK one if doing so silently supports encouraging regional trade restrictions, so I won't be cancelling my order. If the silliness with export restrictions eases off one day, this would be a good example of a time where a potential UK edition might tempt me.

R

Cloud Strife said:
Just checked my account about 15minutes ago and yep...i've been hit

Bit strange to find a £10 O2 Topup from somewhere in Slough when i live in Northampton! Cancelled my card straight away and gonna have to wait till tomorrow before i can dispute the payment.

I'd suggest that whoever has used AOL or any other sites that have been hit to cancel their debit/credit cards

Dude! I had the EXACT SAME top up charge on my card. Freakin' assholes. I only found out when payment was declined for my Resi Damnation pre-order. Man, if it had happened for my Avengers payment and it had delayed postage I would NOT have been happy.

Joshawott said:
MangaUK just tweeted to me that someone else has the Durarara UK license now. So it's not MangaUK or Kazé.....

MVM?

Interesting. I can see that being a popular deal of the week at AoL in a few years time. Might be tempted to double-dip for BluRays, even though I still have my Beez DVD's. It would just be nice to have a version with subtitles that work properly :D

I didn't know it was confirmed. Besides, your link title does kinda suggest GotF isn't coming to BD at all, rather than merely "not in November with Totoro" which... I'm not sure anyone actually expected to happen.

theirsbailiff said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
I can live with this, I don't need any reason to go Emo presented to me in HD.

When it gets released on BD, we'll order you 10 copies.

Because we love you, Conan.
Fine by me, more CEX credit for myself.

Besides that, the whole movie is basically an old man waving his finger at 80's Japanese youth and screaming about he he walked FIFTEEN MILES though the courses of innocents and how dare youth aspire to something so vulgar as to not have to suffer though such.

Bascialy, Gen, whilst extremely graphic is one man's honest message about the end of the war and Fireflies, whilst toned down (Mostly because it didn't happen in Hiroshima or Nagasaki) is less about what should be learned by both sides of the conflict and more about guilting people into submission.

and above all that, screw all y'all casue I got my Nadesico boxset and the Game Center CX boxset incoming.

Anime-on-Demand (remember them? Me neither!) have put out a few new tweets here:

Anime on Demand said:
So everyone must be wondering what we're up to by now - well we're sorry for the delay and playing possum - big changes coming this season.

The first of which being we have a pile simulcasts to announce! #beatingtherushofjokes

Please hold of re-subscribing until you hear the news though - there's more to discuss than just simulcasts :)!

Wish we could say more - but alas there is a big burly man with a baseball bat threatening to hurt us if we do. #lawyershavechanged
We've heard this all before, but maybe it'll actually be different this time, I don't think they have to worry about people resubscribing though :lol:

In all seriousness, if they come out fighting with a good selection of titles, actually simulcast on time within hours of Japan every week in HD, then I'll give it another shot. That's what Crunchyroll offer (most of the time) and that's what they have to compete with if they want people to subscribe. 2 or 3 free seasons to all current subscribers to make up for the lost months would help as well!

Please hold of re-subscribing until you hear the news though - there's more to discuss than just simulcasts !
So from the sounds of things - new subscription prices, new subscription options and hopefully we'll start seeing some shows that aren't going to have a chance of dvd release but at least is stream worthy.

Back