The .... How you find a girlfriend Thread

Let's see if this gets any fire:

To hook up, you need to have at least three of five (MAYBE two);

1. Money (in the form of clothes, possessions etc)
2. Personality (you're not just some quiet twat who'se pickup conversation includes 'hi', 'what's up', and 'lol'
3. Some kind of skill (artistic, music, athletic)
4. Good looks, or at least not fugly
5. Appearance

If you have none of those, you're either a caveman or Al Borland.

Kurogane said:

2. Personality (you're not just some quiet twat who'se pickup conversation includes 'hi', 'what's up', and 'lol'
5. Appearance

Hell if that doesn't get flamed then this will

I have all 5 biatch.
:lol:

Tachi- said:
Kurogane said:

5. Appearance

Hell if that doesn't get flamed then this will

I have all 5 biatch.
:lol:

JUMANJI

Kurogane said:

5. Appearance

I would agree with this, you dont need all of them and who the hell is Al Borland.

Some jokes to tell girls.

The H atoms meet. The one says to the other "dude, I think I've lost my electron". The second one replies: "you sure" where upon the first one says "yes I'm postive".

A farmers chicken isn't laying any eggs, the farmer decides to ask a physisist for help. The physisist examines the situation, and says to the farmer, "oka, I have a solution, but it only works with perfectly spherical chickens in a vacuum".

Q: Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?
A: To get to the same side

A neutron walked into a bar and asked, "How much for a drink?" The bartender replied, "For you, no charge."

Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe

Always works for me anyway.

EpicLulz said:
Some jokes to tell girls.

The H atoms meet. The one says to the other "dude, I think I've lost my electron". The second one replies: "you sure" where upon the first one says "yes I'm postive".

A farmers chicken isn't laying any eggs, the farmer decides to ask a physisist for help. The physisist examines the situation, and says to the farmer, "oka, I have a solution, but it only works with perfectly spherical chickens in a vacuum".

Q: Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?
A: To get to the same side

A neutron walked into a bar and asked, "How much for a drink?" The bartender replied, "For you, no charge."

Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe

Always works for me anyway.

I'll stick with Kurogane's angels, as dubbed by myself;

1) Get 'yer rat out (a more universal, and backstreet comeon)
2) Time to meet the guvnah' (whilst dropping pants, and undergarments)
3) I manscape, let's fuk lol (for quick delivery)

Stay with the above, and you'll be rolling in the clam gents... and ladies.

Is this how to get a girlfriend or how to get arrested for indecency? ;p

Picking up a girl for a long term relationship and picking up a girl for some short term fun often seem to require different tactics/people. The only thing I found cool so far were the particle jokes!

R

Coming back to this.

How can sex be considered love at all. Its nothing but a way to reproduce, and it was genetically created to be pleasureful, so species don't die out so easy. There's no love connected to this, just dopamine, which you also get from doing cocaine and eating chocolate. Pleasure =/= love. Sex may be something you do with someone you love, but if it was a physical manifestation of love itself there would be no such thing as one night stands.

EpicLulz said:
Coming back to this.

How can sex be considered love at all. Its nothing but a way to reproduce, and it was genetically created to be pleasureful, so species don't die out so easy. There's no love connected to this, just dopamine, which you also get from doing cocaine and eating chocolate. Pleasure =/= love. Sex may be something you do with someone you love, but if it was a physical manifestation of love itself there would be no such thing as one night stands.

Which is why I always think that there are differents kinds of sex.

Sex
and 'Making Love' to coin an old phrase.

Sex being the act itself, where you have sex for the pleasure, regardless of who it is with, so a once night stand would be sex, sex with someone you don't love is just sex etc.

Making love being the act itself along with genuine feelings between both people. You make love to your partner, because you love and care for them.

You can have sex with anyone, but you can only make love to someone you really love and care for.

If you think of it that way then sex can be a physical manisfestation of your love for one another.

Mollfie said:
Which is why I always think that there are differents kinds of sex.

Sex
and 'Making Love' to coin an old phrase.
Spot on. To quote Mae West: "Sex with love is the greatest thing in life. But sex without love— that's not so bad either."

Different people want different things. Not everyone's looking for mindless sex, but nor is everyone looking for a monogamous relationship. That's why I think this thread really has very little point. Not that I'm bothered, people will continue if they want to but I don't think you can ever solve a question like "how do I find a boy/girlfriend?"

Another quote would sum that up quite nicely: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." :wink:

Back