The General Conversation Area

Happy (sort-of late) New Year.

My 2020 has been an interesting one. Got a distinction for my Masters degree, had two relatives tested positive for COVID, the otaku haul progressed pretty well and my 94 year old grandfather passed away.

Life sucks but you just have to keep moving forward.

CMDQmHMl.png

On a positive note, I also made some tweets that went over 20 anime that I enjoyed the most and wanted to recommend folks even if they were pretty obvious.

Gemsy-chan thankyou for the pictures of ducks and I hope you're enjoying your walks :) I am planning to buy an exercise bike which will be positioned so I can watch TV while I use it, to cope with days when I don't feel up to going for a walk and to generally increase my exercise levels, I do go on a walk of a little over a mile most days as well :)

I usually go to the New Forest if I want to go for a stroll in the countryside as it's the nearest and easiest place to get to and is quite varied with actual forest-y parts and open areas. Except I can't because it's Tier 3 and I'm in Tier 4!
Hopefully when I get back to work I'll have a route at some point in my first week that goes out there.

Hiking is indeed a great way to clear the head and also healthy. Have a desk job, so whenever I have the chance during the weekends I at least do one big hike, mostly in the Flanders area here in Belgium and some times in the Ardennes.

According to my Garmin sports watch I did a little more than 1100 km. in 2020 so not bad I guess. Will need to buy a new pair of booths as one of my Lowa Camino’s has a hole in the top and is as such not water tight anymore.

I usually go to the New Forest if I want to go for a stroll in the countryside as it's the nearest and easiest place to get to and is quite varied with actual forest-y parts and open areas. Except I can't because it's Tier 3 and I'm in Tier 4!
Hopefully when I get back to work I'll have a route at some point in my first week that goes out there.
New Forest went up to tier 4 on the 31st December (along with several other areas).

Even if it was tier 3 it would be unlikely you would get challenged for visiting for walks, especially away from the main tourist parts.

My friend's dad had a stroke and we're not sure he'll pull through so I'm worried rn. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but if anyone wants to offer their best wishes it would be appreciated. I also bought a second HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player to replace the standard definition setup in my living room (I already have an HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player in my room), the TV arrives tomorrow and my birthday is this week (have mixed feelings about giving the exact day in case there's an internet stalker lurking).

My friend's dad had a stroke and we're not sure he'll pull through so I'm worried rn. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but if anyone wants to offer their best wishes it would be appreciated. I also bought a second HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player to replace the standard definition setup in my living room (I already have an HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player in my room), the TV arrives tomorrow and my birthday is this week (have mixed feelings about giving the exact day in case there's an internet stalker lurking).
Sorry about your friend's dad and hoping he makes a recovery and the family and friends are coping as best as possible.

Back