The General Conversation Area

I wish we could get common alert sounds banned from TV and radio adverts. For example ban the generic 'door bell' sound, cause the amount of times you hear that from an advert in the background and not sure if it's actually your own.

I used to listen to Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister audio dramas in the past. If we're talking anime specific I quite enjoy picture dramas, which are basically the same thing but you have some coloured manga like stills associated and English subs included. I just recently started watching the Aria the Origination Picture Dramas, as they're included as extras on the BD release.

I loved the radio series Bleak Expectations, and I've listened to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy many times, I also love the audiobook of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys as read by Lenny Henry :)

Ordered a couple blurays this last week (one from eBay, the other from Amazon marketplace). Both have come in packaging which offer no protection against rough treatment (the little grey bags). Both arrived with the cases broken (in the post as there was pieces of case in the bag)

Is it too hard to use padded envelopes these days or even cardboard boxes?

Today's "Boris" walk in a nearby village (Chilbolton) was a bit hard-going in places, mainly due to muddy paths (and some flooded fields).

Still 8.4 miles covered today, although with the 10.8 covered on Friday. Annoyingly I went to town a bit too early yesterday to make the most of the change of weather from wet to sunny.

Last edited:
Ordered a couple blurays this last week (one from eBay, the other from Amazon marketplace). Both have come in packaging which offer no protection against rough treatment (the little grey bags). Both arrived with the cases broken (in the post as there was pieces of case in the bag)

Is it too hard to use padded envelopes these days or even cardboard boxes?
i assume it's down to volume of people complainining, probably the case of only 3 in 100 people are complaining about damaged items so they've probably saved £97 in jiffybags/cardboard from the others who are not bothered by it/too old or technologically clueless on how to complain

i assume it's down to volume of people complainining, probably the case of only 3 in 100 people are complaining about damaged items so they've probably saved £97 in jiffybags/cardboard from the others who are not bothered by it/too old or technologically clueless on how to complain

True that, and even when someone complains it will probably save them money by sending out a new case or giving back a couple quid.

Just stuck on magic knight rayearth
I have rayearth and it's completely different.
Is rayearth an ova or a continuation further on in the series?
Or is it completely separate.
Also is rayearth on magic knight rayearth?

Just stuck on magic knight rayearth
I have rayearth and it's completely different.
Is rayearth an ova or a continuation further on in the series?
Or is it completely separate.
Also is rayearth on magic knight rayearth?
It's been a long time since I've seen anything Rayearth related so take what I say with a pinch of salt but I think Rayearth were a set of OVAs that came out after the manga finished, pretty sure while characters and such are the same it's actually pretty different in many other ways. They're included as a DVD with Part 2 of the Anime Limited release of Magical Knight Rayearth.

Last edited:
So I received a reply from my funimation friend about madman Million Arthur and cautious hero...

I see Denny believes we did not replace the MIllion Arthur discs. This is totally false: we ordered replacement discs from the US which were confirmed to be authored Region B and refurbished our stock locally, replacing and destroying the old Region A discs. I have no idea how he received the same error on his replacement copy, but I can assure you those discs were definitely replaced. It's possible that perhaps some warehouse stock in the picking area was overlooked, but this is purely speculation on my behalf.
We've recalled CAUTIOUS HERO and are replacing the discs.

Not the reply I was expecting. Oh well.

Blimey my figure from Japan is ready for delivery! 2 things to note about that are: 1. That's probably the quickest anything has arrived from Japan and 2. The tracking page doesn't say "unfortunately customs blah blah" so no grey slip!

Unfortunately I might get a red one as I leave for work at 1 and my housemate is out on their 1 of 2 days at work which they are doing currently due to the current situation. Typical.

Back