The General Conversation Area

My friend's dad had a stroke and we're not sure he'll pull through so I'm worried rn. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but if anyone wants to offer their best wishes it would be appreciated. I also bought a second HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player to replace the standard definition setup in my living room (I already have an HD TV and multi-region Blu-ray player in my room), the TV arrives tomorrow and my birthday is this week (have mixed feelings about giving the exact day in case there's an internet stalker lurking).
I hope that your friends dad makes a recovery and pulls through. I hope your friend is okay as well. Must be tough :'(

Thanks very much Kite, today was payday so at least I can treat myself to some nice food and I just made an order of Snag Tights (I love them, I got 10 pairs!) I love my friend and I really hope his dad will be ok, he was touched when I told him a bunch of you sent your best wishes, thanks again everyone :) <3

Yes, they aren't good value for money at the new price at all. Most of the shows I watch on Crunchyroll are their sequels (where they probably negotiated the rights years ago) while they seem to be struggling to compete to get anything new. They have me for a little longer but if I had a budget and needed to drop a streaming service, they'd be out as soon as Osomatsu-san ends next season. Funimation is just far better value.

R
Yoooooooo you're still a moderator on here no way

I used to post on this forums every day around like 2007

Where's Arbalest/Kurogane/Ryo-chan/Ilmaestro/Lupus/Spyro/Zin5ki/Aion all @

Ahh, I used to speak with Lupus a lot here (and on MSN too) - he hasn't been on here for absolutely ages, but I'm friends with his brother on social media.

I remember beating Lupus on Pokemon Diamond with my really strong Staraptor 😅

A few of them still check in now and again but there are a lot of new, active faces keeping things interesting along with some other veterans! I do miss some of the old regulars (a few of them are still active in the wider anime community on other sites). Hopefully life is treating them all well wherever it has taken them :)

R

It's interesting how some people drift away from old internet haunts like this, one day you just notice someone you used to see here everyday hasn't posted in years and I wonder what tide carried them away, but then sometimes they drift back again. Actually I'm just remembering now, the guy who used to own (or maybe this does) this site, I've shamefully totally forgotten his username here, but through FB (which I no longer have alas) he kindly offered me a free ticket to see Bobby Womack at the Royal Albert Hall! Well I didn't think twice and gratefully went with him. That was a proper once in a lifetime experience, Bobby Womack died less than a year later. It was thanks to this site that I got to see him.

This little forum has always been like an oasis on the internet for me, always had a great atmosphere and attracts nice people generally and I've had great discussions and learned a lot of things through talking with some of the enlightened otaku on this patch of cyber space. I'm not super active, but I can't imagine ever leaving this site :)

It's interesting how some people drift away from old internet haunts like this, one day you just notice someone you used to see here everyday hasn't posted in years and I wonder what tide carried them away, but then sometimes they drift back again. Actually I'm just remembering now, the guy who used to own (or maybe this does) this site, I've shamefully totally forgotten his username here, but through FB (which I no longer have alas) he kindly offered me a free ticket to see Bobby Womack at the Royal Albert Hall! Well I didn't think twice and gratefully went with him. That was a proper once in a lifetime experience, Bobby Womack died less than a year later. It was thanks to this site that I got to see him.

This little forum has always been like an oasis on the internet for me, always had a great atmosphere and attracts nice people generally and I've had great discussions and learned a lot of things through talking with some of the enlightened otaku on this patch of cyber space. I'm not super active, but I can't imagine ever leaving this site :)

Chaos/Augusto? I still have him in FB I think

And yeah it's wild, I finished work one day and this forum popped into my mind. I half expected the domain to be taken down or something but I guess Anime/manga is as popular as ever

@Aaron yeah I used to have Lupus/Carl on social media, I think he deleted it aaaaages ago though so I was wondering if he still visits

Ah yes Chaos (I did actually remember it after I posted, for the record!). He didn't post a super lot so his username wasn't ingrained in memory like some others are.

anyone listen to audio dramas stuff? i got some torchwood ones before christmas from my local library but they only had 2 and i'm starting think about getting them but they seem to be £10 each everywhere which would be fine if there were 5 or 6 but there's nearly 60 of them

anyone listen to audio dramas stuff? i got some torchwood ones before christmas from my local library but they only had 2 and i'm starting think about getting them but they seem to be £10 each everywhere which would be fine if there were 5 or 6 but there's nearly 60 of them
I used to listen to Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister audio dramas in the past. If we're talking anime specific I quite enjoy picture dramas, which are basically the same thing but you have some coloured manga like stills associated and English subs included. I just recently started watching the Aria the Origination Picture Dramas, as they're included as extras on the BD release.

I used to listen to Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister audio dramas in the past. If we're talking anime specific I quite enjoy picture dramas, which are basically the same thing but you have some coloured manga like stills associated and English subs included. I just recently started watching the Aria the Origination Picture Dramas, as they're included as extras on the BD release.
i kinda forgot all about anime stuff, it was great what AL did with and i wish more companies did it

on the subject of it i think it was probably my favourite feature of the MGS Peace Walker and MGSV games being able to listen to the tapes while doing various missions or camping out certain enemies

Back