The General Conversation Area

Happy birthday 🎂

Birfday?

250px-M.C._Birthday.png

A birf, a day, I said a birf an a day...
@HWR

That's what I meant by the mainstream stuff, that's why I'm so behind on the news often, I don't trust mainstream voices anymore, they also seem so self unaware that they can't tell between reality and fiction, hence the video game thing making the rounds again, though the video game thing used to be mainly conservative
Conservatives are still the same when comes games/flims/music/comics and books and I don't lean left or right since both sides worry me and I'm not tolerant of the intolerant and we are meant to learn from history not repeat it.

Conservatives are still the same when comes games/flims/music/comics and books and I don't lean left or right since both sides worry me and I'm not tolerant of the intolerant and we are meant to learn from history not repeat it.
Well some of the left leaning sites sites started saying the same thing just after trump said it for some reason, their’s numerous studies siting the opposite yet they still cover that, and their’s still mass shootings. I’m thinking it’s alienating people who then lash out is more of a problem

Re: Travel
I would miss a discussion about travel by travelling, wouldn't I? I love to travel, indeed if I was obscenely rich it's probably all I'd ever do, stay on the road constantly and see as much as I could. Experiencing new and different places is always a joy to me, it's wonderful not just to see new sights your eyes have never seen before but to experience different societies and ways of living. It can also lead to the realisation that the UK is possibly one of the crappest developed countries in the world, but I'll not dwell on that lest I depress myself and others.

Re: Joker
I've probably said it before but I'll say it again - I think for people's own sanity it's probably a good idea to stop giving attention and the oxygen of publicity to "cultural commentators" or whatever you want to call them - You know, the people who find horrifying political motivations and potential consequences of others consuming literally every piece of media they ever become aware of (I won't say read/watch because they usually don't bother - why waste time actually viewing the things you're appaled by, that's valuable time you could spend being outraged about them on Tw@tter) like the demented offspring of Mary Whitehouse and Alex Jones. Most of the actual critics who've seen the movie and understand things like say, filmmaking seem to be saying it's rather good, and I think I trust their judgement a little more than middle class younglings with first world problems.

It was me, I'm a bad person for not appreciating some people's animated avatars :)

I use uBlock Origin to do so which will automatically block most malicious scripts (and some not so malicious which you can whitelist), can be tweaked and you can choose to block specific elements. Its fairly intuitive and you're effectively blocking the browser from retrieving the image from the url specified.
I use the Chrome version but here's a link for the Safari version in the extensions gallery if it helps.
Thank you so much! It took me a bit of messing around, but it was actually loads simpler than I expected! 😀

(I'm also a bad person)

Should we made a Manga / LN Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

or just keep using the Anime one?
Probably, but the Q&A thread is more of a general thing, at least that’s what I’ve seen of it

Edit; probably a bit of my own question, my brother put endgame on, and only people who’ve seen it (which is actually a lot of people) will understand what I’m asking, but without spoiling too much I’ll just say banner’s rules and Steve Rogers. Banner’s rules shouldn’t allow it

Last edited:
Edit; probably a bit of my own question, my brother put endgame on, and only people who’ve seen it (which is actually a lot of people) will understand what I’m asking, but without spoiling too much I’ll just say banner’s rules and Steve Rogers. Banner’s rules shouldn’t allow it

I think I know which bit you mean and the Russos addressed it like this:
Cap goes to an alternate universe to live with Peggy and then jumps back to the mcu yrs later but not to the platform just back into the timeline and goes to the right place

Back