What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Oh my. I somehow thought that there were no duplicated across the four DVD/BD boxes.
... Guess I'm in for having one of them 4 times now, lol. (Next to a bunch more of simple duplicates...)

After last week's adventure and its book hauls of some 10kg ontop of the groceries that I never posted here, I was in to go for another biking trip to fetch a package of one book (which then turned into three, after another one was delivered the day).
20190901_104836.jpg

That's humbly sized this time, but of course, sunken cost fallacy required that I make use of the opportunity and go the the supermarket again. Results:
13kg washing powder, 3.5kg grapes, 3kg tomatoes, 2l oil, 3 packs of scallions, 1kg blueberries, 2 bundles of radish, 0.5kg oyster mushrooms, 0.9kg meat, 5l water.
Around 30kg of groceries in total on a 41km trip back on the bike with a bike rack made for 25kg.
(I completely forgot about lunch/dinner this time as well, so 300g of grapes and about 2l of the water it was.)

Watermelons were (thankfully?) not on sale anymore. Normal grapes weren't either, but seedless grapes were, along some other stuff, which still would have made it all fine within the 25kg limit. But thenof course they had a discount corner right before the cashier and the washing powder was 30$ off, due to a little hole in the cardbox (which they taped up), so duh.
The purchase motivation of the 5l water must have been the most hilarious one for a while. I bought it just for the 5l bottle that comes with it. From what I remember from my London trip a couple of years ago, those 5l watter bottles are pretty common in those little UK supermarkets (Tesco or Sainsbury or so?), but not so much here. (And then they're usually more expensive per liter than the 1.5l bottles.)

At home I also found that, that google maps's distance indication on the location search results aren't the same as the one of the final route. (Easily a 10km discrepancy.) At least I didn't get lost this time and avoided the totally hilly route and didn't run out of battery. And most of all I made sure the rear tire was fully pumped. That sure makes a massive difference.

Last edited:
Back