The General Conversation Area

Surely she just toddled the last few yards from the train?

Nah I first saw her walking up when I was just coming up off the miner's track where the paths merge which is a fair bit before the eyrie where the train alights. What really impressed me was that her high heels had survived, especially the previous section of the Llanberis path which is horrible loose scree.

Going up on the train and walking back down the miner's track then catching the bus back to Llanberis is a great way to experience what the mountain has to offer if you don't have the time, energy or desire to do it.

You do see all sorts on the mountain. I've seen a lot of inspiring stuff such as a 10 year old doing it on crutches with a broken leg, sadly I've also seen at least one person die too.

Wasn’t sure where to ask this but does anyone have any good recommendations for an affordable soundbar or TV speakers that won’t take up too much room?

That's the one I have and it's pretty decent even though the total power output is a little over exaggerated and is only slightly wider then my 32" TV and can either be put in front of a TV or wall mounted (and unlike the cheaper Alba soundbar, it has an optical audio input).

That's the one I have and it's pretty decent even though the total power output is a little over exaggerated and is only slightly wider then my 32" TV and can either be put in front of a TV or wall mounted (and unlike the cheaper Alba soundbar, it has an optical audio input).
Thanks for the input, I’ll do some research on it!

Going up on the train and walking back down the miner's track then catching the bus back to Llanberis is a great way to experience what the mountain has to offer if you don't have the time, energy or desire to do it.
I try to do loads of things in a day when on holiday so it was a two way trip on the train. Then I think I went to see the Eastern most castles of Edward I's "Ring of Iron". Plus I was less fit back then, being in an office job.

On my last holiday before Ireland I stayed near Hadrian's Wall, so one day I walked a ten mile round trip along it, but in the other extreme I spent a day visiting all the biggest lakes in the Lake District!

I try to do loads of things in a day when on holiday so it was a two way trip on the train. Then I think I went to see the Eastern most castles of Edward I's "Ring of Iron". Plus I was less fit back then, being in an office job.

On my last holiday before Ireland I stayed near Hadrian's Wall, so one day I walked a ten mile round trip along it, but in the other extreme I spent a day visiting all the biggest lakes in the Lake District!

I just like to get to know a fairly small area intimately.

Reviews for the new joker movie are out but it's a shame that some critics could not keep politics out the there reviews and it's bad enough the Twitter mob are throwing around labels just because people are interested it this movie.

Reviews for the new joker movie are out but it's a shame that some critics could not keep politics out the there reviews and it's bad enough the Twitter mob are throwing around labels just because people are interested it this movie.
Don’t wanna make a thing of it but is it just the white guy thing? I know the political thing is them worrying about it radicalising the average person, it’s just a movie though. It’s about a normal guy who just kind of breaks from the pressure in his life, like that hasn’t been a villain before, it sounds just like the video game thing

I am constantly in a state of questioning the tolerance and mental state of mainstream voices these days

Don’t wanna make a thing of it but is it just the white guy thing? I know the political thing is them worrying about it radicalising the average person, it’s just a movie though. It’s about a normal guy who just kind of breaks from the pressure in his life, like that hasn’t been a villain before, it sounds just like the video game thing

I am constantly in a state of questioning the tolerance and mental state of mainstream voices these days
It's more than just the white guy thing it's the segment of people on the Internet that see all people who enjoy games or movie like the new joker film as toxic wich is not true not everyone is like that and that's what happens with echo chambers and these people see themselves as fighting for social justice but are showing themselves to be just as intolerant as the people they are fighting against and the film is not going too radicalis the average person.

Last edited:
It's more than just the white guy thing it's the segment of people on the Internet that see all people who enjoy games or movie like the new joker film as toxic wich is not true not everyone is like that's what happens with echo chambers and these people see themselves as fighting for social justice but are showing themselves to be just as intolerant as the people they are fighting against and the film is not going too radicalis the average person.
That's what I meant by the mainstream stuff, that's why I'm so behind on the news often, I don't trust mainstream voices anymore, they also seem so self unaware that they can't tell between reality and fiction, hence the video game thing making the rounds again, though the video game thing used to be mainly conservative

Grrr...stuck at work and I get a email saying my membership with Netflix was successful. I don’t think so.

Instead of clicking on links in the email I go straight to Netflix website (on separate browser) and sure enough a basic membership has been set up. Someone has not only hacked my Netflix account but also my paypal (as that’s how it was paid for). So cancelled membership, changed passwords and contacted both Netflix and Paypal. I want my $7.99 back.

Also it was done in $ and not £ which it should be as I’m in the UK.

So I found out that I currently weigh around 14st 2lb (which is 3lb less than I was at the end of May 2015). So I decided to go to the gym today.

2f82pzNl.png

Had a trainer show me around the equipment and tried out some of the weight lifts which was great. Then once that was over I went onto the walking/running machine (forgot the exact name for it). I tweaked the settings so that I can walk at a pretty good speed (up on a hill and a lot faster) for about 1 mile which was roughly 125 calories burnt and 20 minutes total.

d6FZzFEl.png

Then I bought a Padlock for the changing room and I lost it already. £4 gone.

I remember dancing and working up a real sweat on the old PSone dance mats. You could dance for ages and then when you were done it would show you how many calories you'd burnt practically leaving yourself a hulking mess on the floor.... usually about 1 chocolate bar and as alcohol was usually a factor in the dancing too, it didn't even serve to mitigate some of that. I miss not putting on weight :( I used to be able to eat whatever, whenever and not gain a single permanent gram.

I remember dancing and working up a real sweat on the old PSone dance mats. You could dance for ages and then when you were done it would show you how many calories you'd burnt practically leaving yourself a hulking mess on the floor.... usually about 1 chocolate bar and as alcohol was usually a factor in the dancing too, it didn't even serve to mitigate some of that. I miss not putting on weight :( I used to be able to eat whatever, whenever and not gain a single permanent gram.
I played the dancing games a lot back in the day. I found playing Rock Band's Pro Drums was a great way to keep my arms and legs active while sitting down and at the same time enjoying a game.

I did a lot of weight maintenance during sixth form wherein I went from being almost 16st to around 10st 5 pounds (or however you write it).

Since then I’ve been fluctuating around 12st, partly due to eating less healthily but on the flipside commuting to and from Uni and now work has stopped me from putting on too much weight due to the exercise (and probably stress).

I wish you luck @NormanicGrav hope you find a workout regime that works for you!

Back