The General Conversation Area

We could all benefit from more Hexadecimal in our lives.

1717567-7.gif

I was curious how import costs in Swiss were.
customs handling fee flatrate: 16ch
extra work recomponsation (basically additional handling fee): 3%
storage, checking and clarification of value flatrate if no invoice attached: 13ch
tax: 8%

So in that example, buying something for 233,5 will cost you an extra 57,55.
And there I thought your RM/PF fees were high....

Last edited:
Still, if it was the date then it should have been "on" not "at".

Exactly, but we were trying to organise a language exchange, so it would be completely understandable if it was a slight language error, and thus I did wonder if it referred to the date. But I'm pretty sure it referred to the hour, and after googling it I found out that some Asian countries do actually occasionally use a 26 hour clock o_O though I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Exactly, but we were trying to organise a language exchange, so it would be completely understandable if it was a slight language error, and thus I did wonder if it referred to the date. But I'm pretty sure it referred to the hour, and after googling it I found out that some Asian countries do actually occasionally use a 26 hour clock o_O though I'm not exactly sure how it works.
Yeah, I've seen that, too, on TV broadcast versions of anime trailers. Isn't it, like, for hours past midnight into the next morning or something?

It's my Mums 50th today :)

I got her Bryan Adams tickets for her and I to see in May, the day before MCM London :D

Everyone elses week dragging? every weekend this month i've done glorious nothing. Cant wait to do the same this weekend.

Yup! 25:00 is the same as 1am. Once you get over how weird it sounds, it does make some degree of sense.
Does it? Surely if you’re using a 24 hour clock then there’s no confusion about when 01:00 is, because 1pm on a 12 hour clock is 13:00. Why in the world would you ever need to call 01:00 25:00?

It’s like you’re making the previous day longer for no reason, unless that IS the reason and it’s a marketing trick to warp people’s perception of time itself and keep them watching into the next day, rather than creating a barrier between the two days that serves as a kind of cut-off point for people to stop...

That’s exactly what it is, isn’t it?

This is the most stupidest and unnecessary thing I've ever heard, there just making there own lives and the simple task of telling the time more difficult than it has to be.

it’s a marketing trick to warp people’s perception of time itself and keep them watching into the next day, rather than creating a barrier between the two days that serves as a kind of cut-off point for people to stop...

That’s exactly what it is, isn’t it?
Yep. Remember, we're talking 2500 hrs, otaku time. :p

But random stuff here but out of interest as it's been on mi d for a while. But. If you want to stay and go work in Japan do you need degrees etc? Or can you just get a basic job....thing is I'm actually after doing this

It's my Mums 50th today :)

I got her Bryan Adams tickets for her and I to see in May, the day before MCM London :D

Everyone elses week dragging? every weekend this month i've done glorious nothing. Cant wait to do the same this weekend.
Surprisingly not! I still remember waking up groggy on Monday morning wishing I went to bed 2hrs earlier and now somehow it's Thursday!

Last weekend I planned to take the monthly trip to the comic book store early since Albion played away and but the snow butchered that so I stayed home and then pretty much after 3pm just spent stressing over Albion until 5pm and then me and my pops spent time discussing what could have been listening to the post analysis on the radio etc standard stuff lol. A decent point but when the other team has one chance and scores it doesn't half feel like a gut punch.

It's insane how hard it is for people to come and work in England from abroad. I think the minimum wage threshold required by the home office is a salary of £55k.
That is simply nuts. I know unfettered immigration probably isn't possible, but that is just taking the pee.

It's insane how hard it is for people to come and work in England from abroad. I think the minimum wage threshold required by the home office is a salary of £55k.
That is simply nuts. I know unfettered immigration probably isn't possible, but that is just taking the pee.
Tell me about it but then again I've been looking at Spain and woooow how easy is it to start up and set up there. It's crazy

Back