The General Conversation Area

For the love of god, it took me weeks to fill out a application to become a fully fledged member for an accounting body and they accepted me already took payment but to actually become a proper member now gotta do a stupid 2hr online competency test as the final step I have 3 attempts with a pass rate of 71% otherwise I have to "buy" a further 3 attempts.... These bodies and their fee's man, charged me around £200 for the application fee which incl £150 yearly membership fee that is whatever but £50 to process an application? I should bloody charge them since I had to get references scan evidence etc and all they do is gottta sit there and read and charge £50! Surely if someone is paying £150 for membership I should be allowed unlimited attempts on the test since it is all done online, it is not like they're employing staff.

Then this random pass rate of 71%, do they think they are cool? We'll just add and extra 1% hehe. Reminds me at Uni we had an exam that was 43 mins and pissed me off so much why not give us the extra 2 mins? Like what the hell.

Now I have 2 sets of professional's fees to look out for since I am already a member of another accounting body. Still only working part time so once I hopefully pass this test above I can start applying for some proper full time jobs.

Holy hell this week was awful. Relationship issues plus depression = nightmare. Until today I was crying all the time every day.

Going for a few drinks after work and once again have a lazy weekend. Intend to just do a clothes wash, bedding change and then run around the house with a bin bag lol.

How was everyone else been?

I can't say it's been bad the week when my shifts starts. Apparently I'm in tommorrow which means tonight I'd have to walk to the shops in the dark, I don't know why I'd have to do that though as there is no work. The bossman said to our faces like 2 years ago we wouldn't be brought in with nothing to do, yet here we are.
As for relationship issues, I can't remember ever having an adult relationship so I don't have to yell in the tone of "I hate your guts but don't leave me because I love you" I just have to yell at everyone in the tone of "it's like planet of the apes but none of the apes are intelligent".
I'd rather ̶S̶l̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶not do my shopping in the dark

I've done a fair amount of things throughout the week:
  • The cross-trainer that I have been using while I've been at home broke so we got a new one. This time I'm using one of the programs and it's actually burning more calories than I anticipated. Usually I would do manually for 10km and get around 184 calories burnt, but with this machine at one setting I've done 4km and burnt around 255 calories.
  • Done some web development during my free-time to make sure that I improve my skills. Got a local server via WAMP, bought a domain name for my portfolio on my online server, and started using Bootstrap for CSS designs. At the moment I'm revamping my portfolio to make it look better.
  • Going through my video game backlog slowly, right now I'm playing Corpse Party: Book of Shadows on the PSP via Vita. It's an okay game, pretty much a visual novel with a ton of filler and nothing special but it's needed in order to start the sequel.
  • AUKN articles has been going well. The Netflix round-up article that I published back on 1st January is pretty much the site's best one since the BBC Four article back in late May, which is satisfying. On another note the reactions to Re:ZERO from the AL Q2 line-up article I made is kinda conflicting. There are a lot of people basically saying that our site isn't proper evidence when we have AL's site as a reference in the first place. It's like people don't do their research before posting their opinions. At this rate I just want Crunchyroll to hurry up and release the bloody show already.

Welp weekend ruined. Perhaps the worst 90 mins of football I have seen at the Hawthorns for 11 years. Honestly so woeful. A squad depleted with injuries, sure but shambolic defending after an hour of great tributes to Regis they played like that? Awful. No way our reserve team should be this bad half of these players should be shipped out years ago we brought Brunt back in 2007 he's passed it why this clubs has loyalty to it's players is beyond me.

Any drip of optimism completely evaporated after today. Sure we had 6 first team players out but no excuse to collapse the way we did.

Arghhhhhhhh!!! Frustrating thing is why do I care so much it's only football!

So glad I finished Kanon yesterday not in the mood for anything right now.

Don't know why you didn't start J-rod! Never mind you have Chelsea next week, the way we're playing at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if you beat us.

Although we do have a striker that knows the Prem now and won't fall over all the time!

I am currently awaiting feedback from an interview I had a couple of weeks ago; I hate these waits!

@~AyaMachi~: Oh? Fingers crossed and all.

How do you reckon it went, if you don't mind me asking?
Nah, it's cool :) And thank you ^^

I definitely was a bit nervous to begin with, but I did settle into it. They seemed impressed with my knowledge of the company, so big tick there! My C.V got some good feedback too, so that was encouraging. I prepared well enough for it, it's just the wait to hear back - I know they're busy and all but argh - It takes forever! Just put me out of my misery already XD

@~AyaMachi~: Well, more power to you: I hate job interviews. (One of the reasons I've been in the same job forever.)

So, like, what's the company? Anywhere I might've heard of?
Haha, I don't think so. The company is called Mainetti Ltd and they recycle and re-use coathangers. The position is more of a design-based role though, since that's where my qualifications lie. What do you do for a living?

Haa, you'll never believe this: I work for Marks & Spencer, and the company that processes our hangers is... Mainetti! Crazy, eh?

Well, I think it still is, anyway. I'd need to double-check.

So, what does the design aspect involve?

Haa, you'll never believe this: I work for Marks & Spencer, and the company that processes our hangers is... Mainetti! Crazy, eh?

Well, I think it still is, anyway. I'd need to double-check.

So, what does the design aspect involve?
To keep the coincidence going, do you know who prints some of you magazines?

Back