The General Conversation Area

Oh I was more asking that because I've got all these chuunibyo whispers who try to suggest me trying it out. For one thing though I just totally have no clue where to start looking into as a total bloody noob and for another thing the chuunibyo antibodies keep saying 'Hey, you need eyes for that. Which you don't have.' (Me sucking totally at anything related to art. And my three dimensional orientation is bad, too.) But then the chuunibyo fight back saying 'you don't need eyes, it gets all computed! In fact folks use it as a helper tool to make up for being weak with perspectives!'
And so it gets on... Being in an impasse right now, because neither will get the upper hand about whether there is any point in trying unless I do try. But to a total noob as me the good starting point seems to completely elude me.

I wonder what the people who design/draw/animate, etc. think of Dreams:

Seems very powerful for £350 (for PS4 Pro if you don't already have one and the game), even cheaper if you opt for a standard PS4. Compared to a half decent PC and whatever the programmes you have to buy cost.

Last edited:
I've started getting back into Blender this week. I drifted away from it for a while and feel like picking it up again. Still don't really like the windows friendly interface though as that's what pushed me away last time. I used to like the old Irix interface pre-2.5

EDIT - it does most of what I need and it's free. Nice as a hobby anyway.

Kind of wound up watching the Japanese Trailers of the reboot Star Trek movies, because youtube kind of would me to. And being quite amused by these Japanese subtitles. They seem to me like leaving 30% out and what's left in is like 80% tamed down and 50% diffrent. Some of the same trailers do it righter than the others, but some of the worst coming even from the Japanese Paramount Channel, which is like, totally official.

"I couldn't believe it, when the bartender told me who you are" -> "When I heard the name I doubted my ears"

"I dare you to do better" -> "You should be able to"

"I hope you know what you are doing - So do I" -> "Do you know what you are doing? - Would be nice if that were the case"

"James T. Kirk was a great man. But that was another life". -> "James T. Kirk was a great man. But that guy was a diffrent person (than you)"

"My father [...] I joined on a dare" -> "My father [...] I'm diffrent"

"I've no idea what's I'm supposed to do. I only know what I can do." -> "I'm only doing what I can do. Even by gambling my life".

"Is that music?" -> "What an awful sound"

"And in the name of those we lost, you will run this bastard down" -> "For the sake of the victims definitely catch [him]"

"I cannot allow you to do this" -> "It's too dangerous"

"Let's go get this son of a bitch" -> "Let's catch him with our own hands"

"He likes that seat" -> "That's the captain's seat (you know)"

"This is my last report..." -> "This is my last mission..."

"The ship's dead sir. She's gone. - No she's not" -> "The enterprise is finished - (she) still can fight"

"Mister Sulu. You can, you know, fly this thing, right? - You kidding me sir?" -> Sulu. You can fly thing? - OF COURSE (I CAN)" (I'm actually more amazed at that they dropped the honorifics. Japanese dropping the honorifics? Really?)

"We're outnumbered, outgunned" -> "We stand no chance of winning"

"You're coming with me or not?" -> "You're not coming?"

"What a poem Kirk" -> "You fell into a trap"

"Is there anything you would not do... for your family?" -> "Humanity's biggest weakness... is love". (<- And you know, that love word goes over the hand scene. For a moment I thought that must have come from some mad Fujoshi, but no, this is totally from the Paramont Pictures channel.)

"I will make you answer for what you did - You can't even guarantee the safety of your own crew" -> "I will make you atone. In exchange for the lifes of [my? your?] crew" (I suppose crew gets to be transformed into the famous nakama in Japanese.) What's that phrase even supposed to mean after the first phrase?

"You joined to see if you could live up to him" -> "It's for the sake of the crew, right?". Just let me rephrase that slightly: "It's for the sake of the NAKAMA, right?".

Oh heavens, lol, I don't know what to think. If almost makes me want to watch the Japanese release just to find out of they really are like this or if it's just screwed up net promotional material.

Back