The General Conversation Area

msgeek said:
Can't say I've had that but would recommend googling the phone number (some premium numbers can look like mobile numbers). Also fully update and virus scan your PC in case that CD had malware on it.
Good point! The number came up on the page called "uk-community" under this persons name (which was different to the name given in the letter) This is all so strange.
IncendiaryLemon said:
If that was me I'd probably be really worried. When it's personal like that it's pretty concerning.
I have asked around and people said it was nothing to worry about... yet. If it happens again my mates told me to go the police or something, which I was itching to do at the beginning infact I even emailed them but they weren't any help, saying no criminal offence yet.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
msgeek said:
Can't say I've had that but would recommend googling the phone number (some premium numbers can look like mobile numbers). Also fully update and virus scan your PC in case that CD had malware on it.
Good point! The number came up on the page called "uk-community" under this persons name (which was different to the name given in the letter) This is all so strange.

By "This Persons Name" do you mean the person in the photos on the CD??? Could just be the "Scammer" stole the pics off the net of some legitimate person who they found holding a sign saying... "Hello Dave" and sent letters to a load of "Daves"...

If you had an urge to do further investigation a reverse image search (e.g. tineye) on the images from the CD or examining their exif info might yield something although if the images are just stolen off the net will likely be of limited use...

Congrats, job-getting people!

Zin5ki said:
ayase said:
very useful but at the same time potentially concerning from a privacy point of view.
Deep in a seismic cavern beneath the hills of Palo Alto, a tenebrous figure reads these words from a flickering screen with glee.
"Master, it is working", he whispers to the cloaked, statuary man beside him. "See how they welcome our fetters, eager to swear their loyalty."
"Good", comes the reply. "For your service I shall approve your request for a $4000 pay rise and award an extra two days of paid leave, as per our company policy."

Meanwhile, office software remains expensive for some reason.
lmaoooo

Found out today I didn't get the job I'd been waiting a week to hear back from after the interview. Second time that's happened to me now - so I'm back at square one again. It's starting to get kind of frustrating now, as I'm not even getting to the interview stage for stuff I've been put forward for by the recruitment agency, and they're all for roles that pay less than what I used to be on in my previous job. I just feel pretty unmotivated about the whole process at the moment - any conviction and drive I had at the start is pretty much gone now.

:( That does sound like tough going so I don't want to offer cheap words of encouragement, but still here's hoping things turn around for you soon.

Just had a call about a job interview. Fairly unexpected, I'd actually completely forgot that I even applied for it. It's only the 2nd interview I've had so I'm fairly nervous. Hope it goes well, I'd love to finally start earning.

Good luck, IncidenaryLemon!

Also, Lutga, I know how it feels. I've been out of work for two years, and I've only had a couple of interviews in that time. It's completely disheartening, but I do hope you find something soon!

Its been a very bad day for me today. My cat that was 18 in human years died in her sleep last night. My mum and dad woke up to find her dead in her bed. So devasting, we've had her for 17 years.

Gemsy-chan said:
Its been a very bad day for me today. My cat that was 18 in human years died in her sleep last night. My mum and dad woke up to find her dead in her bed. So devasting, we've had her for 17 years.
Condolences, I'm sure those 17 years you spent with the Cat made her very happy. She lived a long life with a family that cared for her and gave her all the treats and pets a cat could ever wish for. Even-though she was with you for 17 years, death will always seem too sudden and will be met with sadness, but I'm sure she had a great life and that you'll treasure your memories you shared with her.

IncendiaryLemon said:
So I had that job interview yesterday and I just got a call today telling me I got the job! So happy to finally have a job after months of trying.

Congrats. :thumb:

Meanwhile I have had zero luck in finding one. :(

I'm supposed to be doing a placement year and I could not find a job that would be suitable for me (the Uni Placements website has tons but many of them are too advanced for my level and are mainly in one location). I'm getting really depressed by seeing people around me getting a placement in the end and I just have no luck. I did go to job agencies to help find me one but they haven't found any at the moment (which I would assume it's because of the Summer holiday season). I've told the Uni I'm taking the year out (it's an option!) to keep searching but for now I'm just going to wait until after my Center Parcs holiday next week, and then try again.

I remember my sister sent hundreds and hundreds with zero luck but then managed to get one in the end (which is funny considering she had top grades, you would assume the best person would get a job instantly! Nope.).

12 free tickets every quarter plus free early staff screenings of new films. Those free tickets cover everything from a standard ticket to an IMAX ticket too. Pretty good perks if you ask me.

Back