The General Conversation Area

Congratulations IL. Do I sense an ordering bonanza after first paycheck arrives?

On another note, is there any interest in an Asian cinema thread or is that a little too OT here? (Unless there is one already and I've missed it?).

msgeek said:
On another note, is there any interest in an Asian cinema thread or is that a little too OT here? (Unless there is one already and I've missed it?).

Sounds good to me. I have a lot of Asian cinema & watch a lot, though I've cut down on new releases because anime has become a priority (last preorder was Tokyo Tribes).

serpantino said:
msgeek said:

Sounds good to me. I have a lot of Asian cinema & watch a lot, though I've cut down on new releases because anime has become a priority (last preorder was Tokyo Tribes).

Thread was created yesterday. It's here;
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19810

Remember how I managed to avoid shipping with my No Game No Life order from Rightstuf, well now they're charging me for the shipping. £7 isn't that bad though, and at least the item avoided customs.

Right, today I'll be off on holiday to Center Parcs for a couple of days (Monday to Friday) so all of the threads I usually work on won't be updated until then (and that includes the upcoming Funi November line-up which should show up this week). I might be able to get a connection but I wouldn't guarantee it. :wink:

So I don't know if anyone here keeps up with the 3DS hacking scene but a new exploit has recently been found that lead to a big surge in homebrew and the like on the system. Nothing pirate-y (unless you count emulators) so it's all above board. Anyway, one thing that I've loved is that now you can have custom themes. Of course, predictably, I threw together a Kiniro Mosaic theme and now it's literally the best theme ever. It even plays the first OP in the background. Totally worth hacking just for this.

20529680139_4d3026be61_c.jpg

Anyone else tried doing this since the exploit got out a couple of days ago?

I heard about the exploit but I can't be bothered to even try it out if I'm honest. I used to be all over that stuff but even-though I own multiple 3DS' and one is right beside my bed, I still cba. The main thing it enables is region free but I don't import games so I guess that's why.

Heh, managed to get £1.81 cashback for my travel insurance for my October holiday, even though I clicked through directly to the provider from the cashback site, but the quote they gave was 1.5 times the quote they gave me via a comparison site (i.e. £30 direct, £20 comparison). I purchased it via the comparison site so I'm surprised that firstly it tracked and secondary it went to payable :)

£1.81 doesn't sound like a lot, but it will be put to good use partly paying for lunch one day

Finally moved back to Edinburgh full time. Start the new job on Monday morning for training, which is a little scary i guess, but i'm just glad to be back in edinburgh again. I missed this place honestly. Now i can get back into the swing of everything. I've a lot of stuff to catch up on.

Back