The General Conversation Area

If you do go that route only do it occasionally or for a couple of nights at a time to get yourself back into a rhythm. don't start relying on them. But occasional use is fine.

Also re:swallowing. get yourself a pill crusher. You'll probably get a yucky taste more so than just swallowing but means no swallowing.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!

I guess I'll play some Splatoon later in order to keep myself awake for the duration of the day :p The internet is so vast and yet I feel so bored!

I called back the guy from the voicemail, and he was calling to offer me the job :D So happy right now, not least as it means I can stop worrying about whether I'll earn enough to live on each month.

It's an admin position with the Royal Voluntary Service. I had an interview on Thursday. I got a voicemail notification on my phone on Saturday morning, from a call which hadn't come through the day before :/ The message didn't really say why they were calling, so of course I had to wait until today to call them back to find out what they wanted. So I was trying not to think about it too much all weekend. I called them back this morning and they offered me the job!

st_owly said:
It's an admin position with the Royal Voluntary Service. I had an interview on Thursday. I got a voicemail notification on my phone on Saturday morning, from a call which hadn't come through the day before :/ The message didn't really say why they were calling, so of course I had to wait until today to call them back to find out what they wanted. So I was trying not to think about it too much all weekend. I called them back this morning and they offered me the job!

Congratulations!

(*in before Eva joke*)

st_owly said:
I called back the guy from the voicemail, and he was calling to offer me the job :D So happy right now, not least as it means I can stop worrying about whether I'll earn enough to live on each month.

Congrats! That's great news :D It was weird the call didn't come through when it should have though, but it's great that it's a worry of your mind.

When i got the call from RBS, i was expecting it at midday, so me and my other half where just waiting for it, but they ended up taking until 8pm to actually call us. The wait was horrible, but i couldn't take my mind off it no matter what. So glad that they told me i got it when they did call though. Such a relief.

Congrats! Today is my friday. Thank god. Yesterday and today have been a mare just like last week. It was JUST ME in yesterday on my team. Ridiculous.

Well, Windows 10 finally arrived for me. Seems pretty speedy and the option to integrate login with a Microsoft account for e-mails, contacts, Office, Skype etc. is very useful but at the same time potentially concerning from a privacy point of view.

And Cortana understands me much better than Siri. Even if all I can seem to get her to do is Bing searches.

Has anyone received weird spam mail through the post? I received a bunch of DVD movies and then there was a letter from this person asking me to ring them they still "love me" etc they left a mobile phone number and then there a CD and popped it in the PC and it was pictures of some woman holding a paper up with my name on it. So weird. They also sent it via 1st class delivery all hand written however they my last name was completely omitted. This has to be the weirdest spam ever, right? Needles to say I chucked everything out but I am worried what if this starts to become a recurring a thing? Should I then take this up with Local Neighbourhood watch or something?

ayase said:
very useful but at the same time potentially concerning from a privacy point of view.
Deep in a seismic cavern beneath the hills of Palo Alto, a tenebrous figure reads these words from a flickering screen with glee.
"Master, it is working", he whispers to the cloaked, statuary man beside him. "See how they welcome our fetters, eager to swear their loyalty."
"Good", comes the reply. "For your service I shall approve your request for a $4000 pay rise and award an extra two days of paid leave, as per our company policy."

Meanwhile, office software remains expensive for some reason.

Can't say I've had that but would recommend googling the phone number (some premium numbers can look like mobile numbers). Also fully update and virus scan your PC in case that CD had malware on it.

Zin5ki said:
ayase said:
very useful but at the same time potentially concerning from a privacy point of view.
Deep in a seismic cavern beneath the hills of Palo Alto, a tenebrous figure reads these words from a flickering screen with glee.
"Master, it is working", he whispers to the cloaked, statuary man beside him. "See how they welcome our fetters, eager to swear their loyalty."
"Good", comes the reply. "For your service I shall approve your request for a $4000 pay rise and award an extra two days of paid leave, as per our company policy."
One day Zin. But I can't free myself while I have to run proprietary software for college.

Still haven't updated to Windows 10. I have too much crap on my computer so I'm going to have to keep my personal files and update, but the idea of installing a new OS and not doing it with a fresh install bums me out, plus I see a lot of people having issues with it. I'm still happy with 8.1 so I'll wait it out.

Back