The General Conversation Area

Just thought I missed out on ComicCon tickets. I got there at 4PM dead-on. The server broke -- just opened again for a second, AND I GOT ONE! FRAK YES.

Me and mate are going SDCC! If we get plane tickets and all that stuff, obv.

Great stuff, Jayme! Hope you get everything sorted, that would be one heck of a trip.

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
I'm a bit miffed, I fell asleep with the laptop on the edge of the bed and woke up with it lying snugly behind me, away from any hazards, but there was no physical or interior damage, so it didn't fall on the floor, I wonder what happened then?
lol, was this anything to do with your logging into and out of chat last night? Was moderately amusing, is made frankly hilarious if you were sleep-typing or something.

Believe it or not, I wouldn't know, I was a sleep lol.
lol, awesome.

Oh a winter comiket is just around the corner too, what a hectic season. Thing is Misty Isle circles gonna be there, just noticed a new doujishi they're going to sell from pixiv. God I hope someone scanlates it

Otaku-san said:
Oh a winter comiket is just around the corner too
Type Moon are going to be selling HibiChika Nendo Puchi. :( I want them. :(

nenpuchi.jpg

Is it those ones in particular you want? A quick search come up with some Vocaloid ones, they remind me of Nendoroid figures

Silly Rin has a Dango on her head
4.jpg

waiting for someone to tell me they've checked their banking so that i can relax.

annoying when your waiting for something someone could just check in minutes but choose to take forever to do so. especially when that payment leads to my new fone.

HURRYYYYY UP YOU BLOODY WOMAN

Otaku-san said:
Is it those ones in particular you want?
Yeah. ;_; They're the characters from TM's mobile site Mahoutsukai no Hako - I got some of their character goods at Comiket in the Summer, but I really want these ones that are going to be at C79. :(

I've lost access to the entire internet except AUKN. Again.

No e-mail, no Google, no Amazon, no Wikipedia... but AUKN? Fine.

How in f*ck's name is this even possible!?

ayase said:
I've lost access to the entire internet except AUKN. Again.

No e-mail, no Google, no Amazon, no Wikipedia... but AUKN? Fine.

How in f*ck's name is this even possible!?
You can't connect to your DNS server, but you still have AUKN cached.

Got to come home from work early today because of the snow. It wasn't even that heavy, but hey, i'm not complaining. Plus, it's my last day tomorrow until January 1st. Oh the joys of working in a library~

Stuart-says-yes said:
Damn it, Matt won the spot of Christmas number one, I don't usually care but if X-factor was on at any other time in the year, Matt wouldn't be number one now. Why do people buy into these mass produced superstars anyway, I mean its not even a contest of musical talent but a contest of boomin sob story's and how many do you see charting again after there initial number one.

/Rant

I thought Christmas number one was decided on christmas day? Surfin bird is number 3!

Aogu said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
Damn it, Matt won the spot of Christmas number one, I don't usually care but if X-factor was on at any other time in the year, Matt wouldn't be number one now. Why do people buy into these mass produced superstars anyway, I mean its not even a contest of musical talent but a contest of boomin sob story's and how many do you see charting again after there initial number one.

/Rant

I thought Christmas number one was decided on christmas day? Surfin bird is number 3!
I think RATM getting number 1 last year was a one off in my opinion, but yes, people need to stop buying this mass produced crap, go out and search for music yourselves instead of letting major record labels tell you what to listen to, that's what i have to say to them

Hey people have had quite a bit of mulled wine and Sherry. Not in the same glass and not within five minutes of one another, regardless I'm slightly tired and thought I'd post on here, this thread specifically, so as to not process to much info or suffer the ill effects of Aion's e-penis.

i'm more peeved this didn't even get top 3

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z1rYmzQ8C9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z1rYmzQ8C9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

clearly the best "Christmas" song in years

He chose a good song, but I do find it hilarious that people in the UK get so wound up about the Xmas No. 1 still. No other country, as far as I'm aware, cares at all. The Surfin' Bird campaign was cringey as hell, too. I would have been more embarrassed if that got the spot, tbh.

I think it's a big deal partly because it gives the musical purists a chance to whine about the plebian masses' appalling taste, not without good reason, but it's one of those things people tend to mellow out about at some stage in their twenties once they realise you can't really force the issue.

Haven't heard the song, but he did a Biffy cover? That in itself is freakin' awesome and gives them some extra exposure to people who may not otherwise pay any attention to their music.

For me, these alternative Christmas No. 1 campaigns are just a cheap, potentially rich source of schadenfreude. It's not like one week of the year makes any difference to the quality of chart music when it's shite the rest of the time (since the days of Franz Ferdinand and the Kaiser Cheifs are now but a distant memory).

Jayme said:
He chose a good song, but I do find it hilarious that people in the UK get so wound up about the Xmas No. 1 still. No other country, as far as I'm aware, cares at all.
tbf, there are plenty of "British" things like that, and countless others that are specific to other individual countries.

Back