Ryo Chan said:
pink martini's.....

gay films.....

Cravings for food.....

i'm starting to worry about you chaos

Broken laptops,
Misdirecting people,
working on a bank holiday,

It sounds like a comedy sketch, but i guess it was annoying at the time. Anyway, glad you had fun for the most part of it :) (you know, i could have just come and fixed your laptop, at the price of saki and a good noodle bar meal :p )

Tachi- said:
Ryo Chan said:
pink martini's.....

gay films.....

Cravings for food.....

Broken laptops,
Misdirecting people,

It sounds like a comedy sketch, but i guess it was annoying at the time. Anyway, glad you had fun for the most part of it :) (you know, i could have just come and fixed your laptop, at the price of saki and a good noodle bar meal :p )

good noodles in london? do tell

anyways speaking of work, i best be off and deal with the moaning buggers who want to return stuff they're too stupid to use

cya at 6ish

Izekiel said:
Tachi- said:
Izekiel said:
Tachi, what course are you doing Cisco wise?

I'm on the Cisco Pathway course, however thats abit too much at the moment, I'm prodominantly doing the ComPTIA A+, Hoping to do the CTT+ afterwards :)

Why'd you ask?

Was just curious, I have some Cisco experience so it's always nice to see other people with similar interests ;)
Virtualization is the way forward, guys! IMHO, at least.

Ryo Chan said:
pink martini's.....

gay films.....

Cravings for food.....

You forgot the gay marriage proposal, Brighton and Soho. =)

Tachi- said:
Ryo Chan said:
pink martini's.....

gay films.....

Cravings for food.....

Broken laptops,
Misdirecting people,

What can I do if the bar closed for business? It's not like I visit Soho all the time.
And Tachi, don't forget I've got 12 years experience in IT, albeit my expertise is server side programming, I know how to fix a motherboard with a guitar string and an welding iron. Don't take me lightly on the geeky stuff ;)

From the looks of it and the responses I've got from the almigthy google, this is a fault of my video card, which might need to be replaced. I'll take it to service tomorrow and let's see what they say. Worse case scenario, my laptop served me very well for quite a long time.

Ryo Chan said:
good noodles in london? do tell
There are quite a few good noodles bar around, Ryo. My favourite is in Greenwich.
I also used to love the ramen from the Japan centre restaurant, but they are momentarily closed, due to reopen next month, I think.

Oxford street, wokinabox. enough said, it looks alittle something like this:

It cost £4, and thats the best £4 i've ever spent on food.

chaos said:
Virtualization is the way forward, guys! IMHO, at least.

You still will have a need for a network though... but yes, I am heavily invested in virtualization at the moment, lots of experience with ESX, VSphere etc :)

chaos said:
And Tachi, don't forget I've got 12 years experience in IT, albeit my expertise is server side programming, I know how to fix a motherboard with a guitar string and an welding iron. Don't take me lightly on the geeky stuff ;)

From the looks of it and the responses I've got from the almigthy google, this is a fault of my video card, which might need to be replaced. I'll take it to service tomorrow and let's see what they say. Worse case scenario, my laptop served me very well for quite a long time.

If you have 12 years headstart on me, then why can't you just open the laptop and fix it yourself :S Laptop motherboards are only smaller. (However you might need to go through the manufacturers website to get parts as they can be specific to manufacturers, as you will know all to well)

Anyway, i thought your experience was more software based, i have an equal balance between hardware and software knowledge and maintenance ;)

Talking laptops(hi, by the way), mine is annoying the hell out of me. First we had the blue screen problems which i was somehow able to sort out with a system restore, somehow my charger is damaged AGAIN, and it's pissing me off. I really just want to get a new laptop now really, but that would mean money i don't have. I hate not having a job sometimes.

Izekiel said:
You still will have a need for a network though... but yes, I am heavily invested in virtualization at the moment, lots of experience with ESX, VSphere etc :)
True, just mentioned as a mate got a sweet contract after he got his certification on virtualization. By sweet contract I mean, a few thousands a month.

Tachi- said:
If you have 12 years headstart on me, then why can't you just open the laptop and fix it yourself :S Laptop motherboards are only smaller. (However you might need to go through the manufacturers website to get parts as they can be specific to manufacturers, as you will know all to well)
Err, what part of hardware fault did you miss in my first post? =P
Could I replace it myself? Possibly. I'm pretty sure it is still on warranty though and if it's not, I'd just check how much they would charge to fix it and decide based on it.

Tachi- said:
Anyway, i thought your experience was more software based, i have an equal balance between hardware and software knowledge and maintenance ;)
I've assembled all my desktops, bar my first one. Laptops are a bit more messier/cramped. Also, I'm pretty sure that if I fixed it myself, my warranty becomes void.

Admitedly, the last pc I've assembled from scratch was a P4...
I did added memory and switched HDD from my previous laptops, after I was sure I wouldn't void my warranty doing so.

Chaos said:
Could I replace it myself? Possibly. I'm pretty sure it is still on warranty though and if it's not, I'd just check how much they would charge to fix it and decide based on it.

Thats a good approach to it, if you've had it more than 2 years, the warranty might have expired anyway.

Chaos said:
I've assembled all my desktops, bar my first one. Laptops are a bit more messier/cramped. Also, I'm pretty sure that if I fixed it myself, my warranty becomes void.

I did added memory and switched HDD from my previous laptops, after I was sure I wouldn't void my warranty doing so.

Agreed they are more cramped, but apart from the main difference (which being the motherboard size) They are still similar layout to a Base unit :) HDD are just about the only thing that doesn't void warranties :p but its a simple process anyway boyo, i'm sure you could sort it without having to get it serviced.

chaos said:
Izekiel said:
True, just mentioned as a mate got a sweet contract after he got his certification on virtualization. By sweet contract I mean, a few thousands a month.

Yeh virtualization skills are big in demand at the moment, there's crazy money to be had ;)

Tachi- said:
Chaos said:

Thats a good approach to it, if you've had it more than 2 years, the warranty might have expired anyway.
I always buy extended guarantee, as usually the lifespam of my laptops / desktops is around three years before I sell them. My old 7 year old ibook is still working fine, according to the person I've sold it to.

Tachi- said:
Chaos said:

Agreed they are more cramped, but apart from the main difference (which being the motherboard size) They are still similar layout to a Base unit :) HDD are just about the only thing that doesn't void warranties :p but its a simple process anyway boyo, i'm sure you could sort it without having to get it serviced.
I'd have to figure out which video card is in it, then order it, then mount it, etc... pretty sure it's worth a 10 minutes visit to the awesome Apple store in Regent Street. Also, an excuse to eat ramen and melonpan.

Chaos said:
Tachi- said:
I'd have to figure out which video card is in it, then order it, then mount it, etc... pretty sure it's worth a 10 minutes visit to the awesome Apple store in Regent Street. Also, an excuse to eat ramen and melonpan.

lol fair enough, its your laptop at the end of the day, different strokes for different folks and all that.

Hello Mono :) Have a good weekend?

@Arby, has the frog been using your laptop? If things keep breaking, and your not breaking it, its the Frogman thats doing it.

@Tach: The frogman you say? I don't think so, if the laptop ain't on, its in the bag i keep it in. So it can't be that.....i think? Is frogman sneaky or something? cause if so, that may explain it.

Tachi- said:
Hello Mono :) Have a good weekend?

Hiya Tachi :D

I had a great weekend :) On Saturday, I went to the Asahi anime event in Brighton, it took me an hour to find it but the moment I heard Super Driver down the road I was on I knew where to find it :lol:
I had a great time there, I met chaos, I saw some awesome cosplays and I entered the karoake contest singing Hare Hare Yukai and with some of the friends I made there danced along to it as one of them was in a Haruhi cosplay.

On Sunday, I had a relaxing day and watched Doctor Who as I missed it Saturday

I don't know, but if the frogman in your flat can enter your room and take your laptop without your knowledge, you have a problem to deal with.

There's only 2 ways to get rid of a frog;
leave a load of snails in a strip towards the door, remember to pour salt in lines either side of the slimey suckers or they might not lead the frog out of the door properly.

OR,

You shoot him, cut off his legs and send them (second class ofcorse) back to france, leave the torso in a carpet (must be a red one) and leave it in the local bins, or the nearest river (whichever requires less effort)

@MONO,

Sounds like a good weekend hun :) glad you enjoyed yourself. You sang on stage? Guess your not as shy as you lead people to believe lol. buy any anime whilst you where there? or was it just a cosplay party?

Tachi- said:
@MONO,

Sounds like a good weekend hun :) glad you enjoyed yourself. You sang on stage? Guess your not as shy as you lead people to believe lol. buy any anime whilst you where there? or was it just a cosplay party?

Yep I sang on stage :p

I brought FMP: The Second Raid boxset while I was there :D They had some Higurashi and Macross Frontier art books I liked but I don't enough money for them :(

Back